Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Probably was. A huge chunk of ice must have broken apart. It is cold outside so I don't know why. Nothing can melt in such frigid cold.
The whole thing is beyond confusing. How to manage an ice storm. They make it more complicated than it should be. I just can't wait till it is all over. At least help has come from other provinces and states. So people will make it through this.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1312 posts
220 upvotes
I agree as I have family affected by all this. I just want them to be able to return home.

The politics of city hall annoy me - both sides.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Bamelin wrote: I agree as I have family affected by all this. I just want them to be able to return home.

The politics of city hall annoy me - both sides.
Yes. It doesn't seem like the needs of Toronto in the weather disaster are being taken first. I bet if I look at the one in NY, it has already come and gone mostly. They issued the state of emergency there, did the work and done. Here it is dragging along while thousands are in the cold.

St Lawrence county NY still has a state of emergency mostly due to bad conditions on a lot of rural roads with iced up trees, but that makes sense considering how much rugged terrain they must cover. You would think that in a city like Toronto the situation could be handles much easier than a rugged rural district where all the affected areas are scattered through a wide county.
blahhh
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
It is 6PM Toronto time now.
I wish everyone a happy holiday with warm family reunion and power (i.e, not without power).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9327 posts
4439 upvotes
rayray13 wrote: A crew + equipment was sent from Ottawa to help on Sunday. A second crew went yesterday. Crews from Windsor are also there or on the way as well as U.S. crews.

Call in the Army, sheeesh. Your mayor saved you from being the butt of jokes for decades to come. People still laugh about Lastman's snow job.

There are quite a few people ahead of the mayor who deserve to have a finger pointed at for the scope of the mess.
Our mayor is a drug addict. I mean....we already are the butt of jokes.

I still see no problem with what Lastman did. He got the job done.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JayLove06 wrote: Our mayor is a drug addict. I mean....we already are the butt of jokes.

I still see no problem with what Lastman did. He got the job done.
I totally agree. Major weather disasters are not a joke. There is no such thing as doing too much to get a city to recover quick from such a situation. Whatever it takes to get a quick recovery from a huge storm is a good move in my opinion. But what is being done with this storm is not good enough.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Nice :)
This is one of my favorites:
[IMG]http://www.culut.com/static/wallpaper/1 ... lpaper.jpg[/IMG]
I like the animated ones a lot though!
blahhh