Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2019 8:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 4:05 pm
+20° – Greeks put on sweaters (if they can find them).
+15° – Hawaiians turn on the heaters (if they have them).

+10° – Americans shake, Russians are planting cucumbers.
+5° – You can see your own breathing. Italian cars don’t start. Norwegians take a bath. Russians drive with lowered windows.
0° – Water freezes in America , in Russia it thickens.
-5° – French cars don’t start.
-10° – You’re planning a vacation to Australia .
-15° – Your cat insists to sleep in your bed. Norwegians put on sweaters.
-18° – New York landlords turn on the heaters. Russians make their last seasonal picnic.
-20° – American cars don’t start. People in Alaska start wearing long-sleeves.
-25° – German cars don’t start. Hawaiians are dead.
-30° – Politicians start talking about homeless people. Your cat prefers to sleep in your pajamas.
-35° – Too cold to think. Japanese cars don’t start.
-40° – You’re planning a 2-week hot tub bath. Swedish cars don’t start.
-42° – Transportation stops in Europe . Russians eat ice cream on the street.
-45° – All Greeks are dead. Politicians really start doing something for the homeless.
-50° – Your eyelids start sticking when you blink. In Alaska , people close the window in the bathroom.
-60° – White bears start moving south.
-70° – Hell freezes.
-73° – Finnish special services evacuate Santa Claus from Lapland . Russians wear earmuff hats.
-80° – Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.
-114° – Ethyl alcohol is freezing. Russians are unhappy.
-273° – Absolute zero, atomic movement stops. Russians wear boots.
-295° – 90% of the planet is dead. Russian soccer team becomes the world champion

Cheers!

In Soviet Russia, Weather predicts You!
LOL I don't think I have ever laughed as hard before as I did from your post above.

btw, I am russian too (well half russian) and this guide really is quite accurate I must say!
djemzine wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 4:03 pm
Yikes! -26 on Friday. Glad the car is parked inside.
If your car is from Japan, then according to therollin, it should be fine. Use his guide to determine the needs for your car lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 3:44 pm
Power restored and power out again?
Yoonek Palace ‏@YoonekPalace 46m
@PowerStreamNews power restored in major Mac & woodbine! Thank You crews!

I assume it has been kept up because I don't see any more tweets after that so looks fine to me.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20206 posts
4164 upvotes
Poormond Hill
djemzine wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 4:03 pm
Yikes! -26 on Friday. Glad the car is parked inside.
This is going to be freaking awesome!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
If you guys think that is cold for Friday, wait till you all see what Tuesday morning looks to be like according to the EURO model. Bru-tallll! I am warning you all for Tuesday morning, it could be a terrible chill behind the storm passing through on Monday and if we end up with that major snowstorm that the EURO model shows, then this terrible chill will only complicate matters even more.

Take a look at this map. Notice with the color legend that it will just be minus teens way up in the arctic, yet it goes down to the minus 20s right down here and in the US! just some crazy stuff here.
[IMG]http://meteocentre.com/models/ecmwf_ame ... 1388526668[/IMG]
We are in the light purple zone where you can see the outline of lakes Ontario and Erie.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20206 posts
4164 upvotes
Poormond Hill
With these temps my iced cap will never melt!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 5:27 pm
With these temps my iced cap will never melt!
Indulge!
Ice cream is also protected by this weather. It can be enjoyed anywhere! bring your ice cream on a 3 hour walking tour of T-dot in this freezing cold and enjoy how it doesn't melt on you. ;)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2725 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 5:28 pm
Indulge!
Ice cream is also protected by this weather. It can be enjoyed anywhere! bring your ice cream on a 3 hour walking tour of T-dot in this freezing cold and enjoy how it doesn't melt on you. ;)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 5:46 pm
And as I said I am half Russian. :D everything seems to fit. I ain't lyin bout nuttin! Wow your guide really is accurate! lol

According to the EURO forecast model and based on your guide, I will still have about 15 degrees left of temperature drop to keep indulging with ice cream!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20206 posts
4164 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 5:50 pm
And as I said I am half Russian. :D everything seems to fit. I ain't lyin bout nuttin! Wow your guide really is accurate! lol

According to the EURO forecast model and based on your guide, I will still have about 15 degrees left of temperature drop to keep indulging with ice cream!
Half Russian? Prove it!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 6:30 pm
Half Russian? Prove it!
Only proof I got is my passport and name lol. My last name is Russian and is from my mom. I think that is good

That explains my lust for bad weather and cold temperatures!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Dec 22, 2005
9080 posts
56 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Which half? :lol:
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 6:44 pm
Never knew "brazilman" was half russian.
So, have you ever been to Russia?
I have never been to Russia or Brazil. Actually though, my background is from Russian/Ukranian immigrant community living in Brazil which is why I am Brazilman :) I was living in Peru where my other family side is from.
raps4lyfe wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 6:42 pm
Yes it does! Lol
Yeah!

Just the other day I was walking back from high park in the minus 8 degrees weather AND right into the wind! BUT I was actually feeling kinda hot even with my jacket off and just going in my t-shirt. So yes, that must be my russian background. And my Peruivian side explains why I am so obsessed with Reggae, Salsa music, Coconuts, Mangos and Papayas ;)

People must have thought I was crazy like that in t-shirt in the direction of the wind at minus 8.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
king_george wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 6:42 pm
Which half? :lol:
The outside I guess :lol: I am resistent to the cold from the outside. But deep down inside, all I like is reggae music, soca, caribana, and the Amazon rainforest!
blahhh

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)