Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1815 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Kunman wrote: GG commuting now to in rwd
i have arrived....The DVP was insanely packed. It was a crawl from 401 all the way to the Garner. Must've spent 2 hours on that stretch alone.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19465 posts
4607 upvotes
Thornhill
Looks like round 2 started as soon as I got to the parking lot haha.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2764 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote: Looks like round 2 started as soon as I got to the parking lot haha.
On radar snow band around tor just got bigger.=MOAR Snow
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
^ ^ NO MOAR!! lol
rockinthesuburbs wrote: How is the snowfall like tonight?
Looks to be backing off in a few hours. So almost nothing at all tonight. After stalling in place for a while today, the end is finally in sight. I checked the RADAR .... again ;)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2764 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: ^ ^ NO MOAR!! lol

Looks to be backing off in a few hours. So almost nothing at all tonight. After stalling in place for a while today, the end is finally in sight. I checked the RADAR .... again ;)
Lol just ready to start leaving and full blast snowwwwwww. MOAr
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote: Lol just ready to start leaving and full blast snowwwwwww. MOAr
I need to get a new mouse so that when I run command prompt for the weather and want to click shut down snowstorm, that I click that and not restart lol
Now I have to wait for the snow to run its course.

Noone knew that I was running the weather from here? well I am :lol: Stupid weather takes up too much RAM!!

EDIT: Markham is getting back into it.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I was really wondering how it will work out with students in their schools.

You know what happens when it is bad winter weather in the afternoon and kids are already in school in Simcoe county? they cancel the buses on them on that half of the day! But the kids are in school.

So this has nothing to do with them being concerned about kids safety. All they care about is liability!!!! Well the kids are going to have to get home some way, but they leave it to the mothers to do it because they don't want to have to deal with it.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Stay safe out there looks pretty bad on the road

Its my day off ..all I have to do is snow blow the driveway :)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1520 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I was really wondering how it will work out with students in their schools.

You know what happens when it is bad winter weather in the afternoon and kids are already in school in Simcoe county? they cancel the buses on them on that half of the day! But the kids are in school.

So this has nothing to do with them being concerned about kids safety. All they care about is liability!!!! Well the kids are going to have to get home some way, but they leave it to the mothers to do it because they don't want to have to deal with it.
I know someone who is going to have issues with this today. She looks after her two grandsons - one is 5 and the other is 8 and they go to different schools. The 5-year-old finishes at 3 and the 8-year-old arrives back on the bus about 10 minutes later at the 5-year-old's school. She doesn't have a car and it is about a 30 walk to the school today which she can't do because of her back. Best case scenario for her is that someone with a car can go and pick him or the delay isn't too bad.

Last week she was waiting over 40 minutes because of the cold...
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4684 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: ...I am moving to Peru, but will always be checking up on this thread. Every time the weather acts up, this thread gets just as active...
Moving there for good or what? I thought you were going to move there for 7 months, isn't it?
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Is this ever goin to end :|

Oooooh it is! I just saw on the RADAR :D
blahhh