Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 9:48 am
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19128 posts
6000 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
The barometer on my suunto core is flat still after rising steadily over the last 24 hours or so. I would expect to see it start dropping like a rock before anything crazy starts happening it doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2009
2458 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:

As for meeting RFDers, I've met three people in person and they are pretty good in terms of having great qualities. One of them I met last year in Jan, and we hang out whenever we have time. The other person was Zephyr which was only once, and the other was OP.

The rest I met are fake, and think too much of themselves! I won't get into that though.
Ya I know what you mean dj. Met some RFDers and all they cared about was what brand of winter jacket I wore. One even told me no Moncler no care.

As for some others always thinking their family sedan was the best drift machine ever and kept saying my Prius was too slow. I guess you just can't meet any nice people on the interwebz because everyone makes $300k, works in financial district, has a CA,JD and MBA.
Sep 24, 2012
64 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Radars show something approaching London.
2-2.5 hours and it will hit Toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1520 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Stupid question to some but it seems most storms go west to east and never the other way round...why is that?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9397 posts
1954 upvotes
Somewhere
cardle wrote: Stupid question to some but it seems most storms go west to east and never the other way round...why is that?
earths rotation?

then again i may be wrong. i only make 100k and work outside of financial district :cry: . gonna get kicked out of rfd soon.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2226 posts
705 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote: earths rotation?

then again i may be wrong. i only make 100k and work outside of financial district :cry: . gonna get kicked out of rfd soon.
jet stream?

fml I drive a subaru and have no friends. RFD outcast :(
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Zephyr22b wrote: jet stream?

fml I drive a subaru and have no friends. RFD outcast :(
Lol that's funny.

Anyways I got caught up with a conversation near No Frills and now I am off to Spanish class. O well. will catch up to the weather thread when I get back. I didn't even have time to check the GFS or EURO. Will be back tonight to check up on the models. I hope the polar vortex stays out this time!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39918 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
Off topic - Canada women's hockey beat the US! Intense game for sure!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
O cool. My class is at 4:30 not 4 so I had time to check the models. All I can say is that they show solid cold. I am telling you right now, it is lookin like a solid relentless cold right into March. Looks awful, but that is what both the GFS and EURO continue to say. Not much in the way of snowstorms. Just raw dry cld. Not my kind of weather at all!!!!!!!! Rain looks less than previously forecast. At least in the GFS that is. Although I see it moving more north in the RADAR. so don't be surprised if we still get a good deluge overnight. I hope I don't get soaked on my way to spanish group.

Now I really am leaving now. Hope not to get too wet. goodthing it is right at a subway station this time so no walking in the rain for me!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6409 posts
1913 upvotes
Whoa, WTH is going on?! We're getting heavy snow in Guelph!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BluePhirePB wrote: Whoa, WTH is going on?! We're getting heavy snow in Guelph!
Our climate is effed up :lol:

All we ever get now is some messed up version of the weather. We never get what the GFS says we are supposed to get. I'm sick of our weather now!
Kitchener stratford, Goderich is gettin slammed.

EDIT: Hamilton is gettin it too :|
blahhh