Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 9:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8237 posts
1838 upvotes
Ontario
Jimboski wrote: Winter will be over soon, don't worry!
An hour sooner just like that over the weekend.

I frankly want this cold to end so I can stop wiping the condensation from my windows 2x daily
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8237 posts
1838 upvotes
Ontario
Jimboski wrote: It only happens when food is being cooked, is your humidity that high?
Nope, sitting at 30%, humidifier off. I also get ice build up too.
Have blinds that cover, but I think I may need to change the exterior caulking in the spring/summer.
This year was especially bad.

I meant the condensation on the bottom 1-3" of the pane, not the whole window like when you're cooking.
Even still, it seems excessive, must be an issue somewhere (seal, window quality, etc)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6411 posts
1913 upvotes
OP, TWN "claims" temps next week will be around the single digits below 0. Can you confirm this?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BluePhirePB wrote: OP, TWN "claims" temps next week will be around the single digits below 0. Can you confirm this?
From what I am seeing in the GFS, things will be far from steady and I see a couple days a bit above freezing, a couple well below and the others just below. Only noteworthy thing is the lack of any susbstantial precipitation. Don't expect much snowfall or rain. Unfortunately, the temperature range we are getting will be typical for mid-winter, not midMarch. So while it will be far from brutal in terms of a normal winter, we are not even supposed to have winter weather dominating anymore so we are way behind. I am watching for signs of this pattern breaking. I have a feeling we will be dealing with a longer than usual prolonging of the return of the cold waves to us during the upcoming spring.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BluePhirePB wrote: Well, better than polar vortex or snow storm.
Although I have not changed the polar vortex status yet because even in March, the GFS continues to show the threat of more of this brutal cold. So I have to confirm the total disappearance of this because we let our guard down. Every time we thought it was impossible to get a repeat polar vortex we got caught by surprise by a repeat performance. So we will have to wait and see. NOAA temperature forecast is still pretty bad so I see the renewed threat of MOAR COLD!!.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2266 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm praying that due to the odd longevity of this winter that we get reimbursed with an extremely long summer with every temps to be 30+!!!
I can't stand this cold anymore.. not getting my natural intake of Vitamin D :(

Dam u OP for hoping we get lots of snow and cold in the beginning of this thread!! :evil:
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40040 posts
6024 upvotes
King City
PSiBeR wrote: I'm praying that due to the odd longevity of this winter that we get reimbursed with an extremely long summer with every temps to be 30+!!!

Dam u OP for hoping we get lots of snow and cold in the beginning of this thread!! :evil:
Lol. Calm down brah :razz:

Ya I know what you mean, but oh well. Today afternoon it ain't so bad out here in Sauga city. Sunny and the light snow/flurries yesterday has finally melted.

On an unrelated note - Day Light Savings - Sunday Mar 9th!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
PSiBeR wrote: I'm praying that due to the odd longevity of this winter that we get reimbursed with an extremely long summer with every temps to be 30+!!!

Lol yes. I begged for it and I started this thread. then look what happened! :cry: O well time to start the same thread trend but for warm and watch the temps get stuck near 30 degrees May thru Sept!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6411 posts
1913 upvotes
I miss seeing girls in sundresses, tank tops, mini skirts, shorts and halter tops!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Lol. Calm down brah :razz:

Ya I know what you mean, but oh well. Today afternoon it ain't so bad out here in Sauga city. Sunny and the light snow/flurries yesterday has finally melted.

On an unrelated note - Day Light Savings - Sunday Mar 9th!
Yay! daylight savings time! It was starting to get light a tad too early. Will be nice to enjoy the sun in the evening now. Times like today, I could really use the higher temps and sun later in the day because I am headed to High Park after I get my visa card renewed. I want to start taking advantage of little cold and more sun every evening.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BluePhirePB wrote: I miss seeing girls in sundresses, tank tops, mini skirts, shorts and halter tops!
Yay! that's what I am gonna see when I am living in Quillabamba! Starting next month I get to enjoy this because it will be dry and above 26 every single day. I can't wait! Countdown hurry up and finish. I'm in a hurry to leave!
blahhh