Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11452 posts
2436 upvotes
Montreal
Typhoonz wrote: Is Montreal going to get hit hard?
Doesn't look like it. 10cm or so spread out over the day from morning to midnight
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Simaahoy wrote: Winter storm? :-0
Your pic stopped animating :-0
lol
Pochacco wrote: Has it started yet?
It has now. Looks like my forecast was right. It started before sunrise and now has already advanced all the way cottage country and eastern Ontario.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8302 posts
3225 upvotes
Toronto
It's starting... biggest snowfall will occur between 11am to 3 pm.. according to the weather experts...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote: It's starting... biggest snowfall will occur between 11am to 3 pm.. according to the weather experts...
Which includes me ;) I'm one of those ;)
lol

Funny how part of this storm is rain. This is the after effect of yesterdays super warm alberta clipper. I guess roads will not be so snow covered now.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Whoa! the precip area has expanded and strengthened rapidly on RADAR! That means the storm has suddenly gotten bigger than it was just before now.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1959 posts
289 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Whoa! the precip area has expanded and strengthened rapidly on RADAR! That means the storm has suddenly gotten bigger than it was just before now.
Bigger as in more precipitation?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cns187 wrote: Bigger as in more precipitation?
It basically means that the precipitation has spread faster suddenly and got heavier. Portions of the storm that had nothing have suddenly filled with moderate snow so yes, it means bigger AND stronger.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8275 posts
3476 upvotes
Markham
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: It basically means that the precipitation has spread faster suddenly and got heavier. Portions of the storm that had nothing have suddenly filled with moderate snow so yes, it means bigger AND stronger.
And you thought it could've turned out like this earlier, so I didn't even bother coming down.

Looks like my bloodbath fight out of train station tonight just got a whole lot more interesting.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17824 posts
900 upvotes
a few cm on the ground here in brampton, but it's warm out still, unless it starts getting cooler its all just gonna be slush
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40052 posts
6030 upvotes
King City
Not a bad commute from RH to Sauga City. Its just light snow or flurries at the moment and its melting on the ground. Most likely due to the warmer temps, so there's hardly any accumulation.

Commute to work wasn't bad. Took the usual 45 to 50 minutes, of course on the highway, visibility was kinda poor due to the splashing of the water from cars in front and of course non confident drivers (THEY SHOULD STAY OFF THE ROADS IF THEY CAN'T MANAGE TO DRIVE lol /end rant). Otherwise not bad.

Not looking forward to later on the day. They say most of the snow will hit Niagara, Hamilton, St Catherine's region, etc. Let us see how it pans out though heh. I can expect a slow commute back home :( but I may leave around 3PM. Who knows...

Hopefully there are no dingbats to cause accidents. Needless to say I will just plummet through the snow with the Symmetrical AWD, the flat 4 Boxer engine, Michelin X Ice 3 winter tires and Hella fog lights (got 3 of them mounted on the front grille :D )
Proud to be an Indian.
Sep 19, 2006
8302 posts
3225 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Not a bad commute from RH to Sauga City. Its just light snow or flurries at the moment and its melting on the ground. Most likely due to the warmer temps, so there's hardly any accumulation.

Commute to work wasn't bad. Took the usual 45 to 50 minutes, of course on the highway, visibility was kinda poor due to the splashing of the water from cars in front and of course non confident drivers (THEY SHOULD STAY OFF THE ROADS IF THEY CAN'T MANAGE TO DRIVE lol /end rant). Otherwise not bad.

Not looking forward to later on the day. They say most of the snow will hit Niagara, Hamilton, St Catherine's region, etc. Let us see how it pans out though heh. I can expect a slow commute back home :( but I may leave around 3PM. Who knows...

Hopefully there are no dingbats to cause accidents. Needless to say I will just plummet through the snow with the Symmetrical AWD, the flat 4 Boxer engine, Michelin X Ice 3 winter tires and Hella fog lights (got 3 of them mounted on the front grille :D )
Good luck going home!! :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Not a bad commute from RH to Sauga City. Its just light snow or flurries at the moment and its melting on the ground. Most likely due to the warmer temps, so there's hardly any accumulation.

I wonder if Vulcan will throw up over T-Dot worse than forecasts said. lol Judging by the fact that rain and wet conditions held i place longer, it should be monitored to see if the storm ends up further north which would deliver the heavier stuff. I will keep my eyes glued to the RADAR.
blahhh