Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2048 posts
217 upvotes
Thornhill
Yorku closed.

Beaten;

it hasnt happened a longgggg time.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote: Surprised no ones mentioned we are in one of the heaviest bands of snow in this system
Thanks for warning me! I went out to take a picture. Now this comparison will look even better when I replace the photo below yesterday's warm sunny one with the new one that is a total blizzard now!
Photo comin soon ;)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Bencherstyle wrote: Yorku closed.

Beaten;

it hasnt happened a longgggg time.
Wow. That goes to show the magnitude of the storm. It must have something to do with the unexpected shift of the heavier snow from south of us to right over us. Here is the newly updated comparison of Yesterday and today!
Again yesterday
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-t0rwQhDgBKM/U ... G_2127.jpg[/IMG]
And today exactly 24 hours later in a blizzard!
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fXvhxNSCDo8/U ... G_2141.jpg[/IMG]
blahhh
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
Too itchy wrote: Where was this?
Near bayview and steeles. Bus took a detour to avoid the hills and happened on residential street
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
It seems like weather is the top story for Toronto on Google news page.

Here is one of the info sources:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/03 ... rning.html
Toronto weather: Snarled roads, cold weather alert and cancelled classes

Mother Nature has tricked us again.
After two days of above freezing temperatures, Torontonians once again received a wallop of snow on Wednesday.
Flurries started around dawn, but the bulk of the snowfall came later in the morning. The temperature is expected to fall to -17 C by day’s end.
The City of Toronto issued an extreme cold weather alert Wednesday morning to alert the homeless of the sharp temperature drop expected for the evening. The city automatically opens up 26 shelter spaces and TTC tokens are available at some subway stations for transportation.
While Toronto’s younger students are already out of school for March break this week, some university and college classes have been cancelled because of the snow. The University of Toronto’s Mississauga campus closed at 1 p.m. while the St. George and Scarborough campuses remain open; York University’s Keele and Glendon campuses close at 2:30 p.m.; and Ryerson University remains open. Sheridan and Humber colleges are closed.
A low pressure weather system from the midwestern U.S. will dump between 5 and 15 cm. of snow on the Toronto region, according to Environment Canada. The storm is also bringing winds of 30 km/h to 40 km/h.
One person was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a collision involving a pick-up truck and a bus in Whitby near Kirby Cres. and Nichol Ave. Wednesday morning. The bus was sent down into a ravine with three passengers, who sustained minor injuries, and a driver, who is in hospital.
In addition, York Regional Police confirmed a snow plow flipped on its side on Stouffville Rd. east of Hwy. 404 at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning, sending one to hospital with minor injuries.
Pearson International Airport began delaying and cancelling flights due to impending weather shortly after 5:30 a.m. Air Canada and WestJet have said they will waive fees for passengers who need to reschedule their flight. Close to two dozen flights were cancelled at Toronto Island’s Billy Bishop Airport before the first scheduled takeoff at 6:45 a.m. Porter Airlines said they also allow passengers to rearrange flights due to cancellations.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40121 posts
6060 upvotes
King City
A nice 40 minute drive, and the conditions weren't bad. Of course there were some moronic drivers, and one car got stuck in a ditch. Will post the dash cam vids later on.
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 12, 2006
2077 posts
373 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Snow started in Montreal about an hour ago, and the wind has picked but. it was overcast this morning but nice plus temperatures, temps are now in the minus. The view outside is starting to become obscured.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
474 upvotes
MONTR
oneseasonleft wrote: why do people think that the storm revolves only in your area?

Funny video and the snow/wind/- temperature is picking up in montreal now.
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: So no free pizza I guess :(
bummer
just finished delivering lunch rush and it just started to snow lightly. Looks like supper rush time delivery will be a no 30 minute guarantee.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
nomdesplumes wrote: Funny video and the snow/wind/- temperature is picking up in montreal now.

just finished delivering lunch rush and it just started to snow lightly. Looks like supper rush time delivery will be a no 30 minute guarantee.
I think all users in this thread deserve a nice free lunch after having to deal with the nonesense weather thrown at us during these difficult 5 months! I think if the weather is gonna suck, the pizza may as well arrive after 31 minutes so you don't have to pay for it lol
djemzine wrote: A nice 40 minute drive, and the conditions weren't bad. Of course there were some moronic drivers, and one car got stuck in a ditch. Will post the dash cam vids later on.
Kool!
blahhh
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
When is the storm ending in Brampton? Is it going all night? Just wondering what train I should take... I just want to get to my station after the snow has stopped. Really don't want to drive in these conditions because...you know...a normal day of a driving in Brampton is sort of the equivalent in chaos of a snow storm anywhere else, but the two together is downright deadly....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
iEyeCaptain wrote: Question: will this thread die in the Summer?
Only if I die from the heat of the eternal summer of Quillabamba but that's never gonna happen boooo haaa haa :twisted:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
TheBatManRising wrote: When is the storm ending in Brampton? Is it going all night? Just wondering what train I should take... I just want to get to my station after the snow has stopped.
Should be tapering there by 6:45 or so.
Am I the only one that has issues viewing what you posted there? cuz I see nothing :(
Damn browser! :mad:
blahhh