Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
My steelies were frozen even though I parked inside, and this resulted in balancing issues when driving on the road. Speeds from 50KM/H and above resulted in the car shaking/vibrating, including the steering wheel. I doubt its the balance weights on the tires/rims since they were done in mid December when I had winters mounted on the steelies. I called the stealership and they said they've been getting calls just like I called them. Its because of the weather.

Hopefully it thaws out before I drive again when heading home, its not safe for sure.
Proud to be an Indian.
Jul 14, 2008
8236 posts
1838 upvotes
Ontario
djemzine wrote: My steelies were frozen even though I parked inside, and this resulted in balancing issues when driving on the road. Speeds from 50KM/H and above resulted in the car shaking/vibrating, including the steering wheel. I doubt its the balance weights on the tires/rims since they were done in mid December when I had winters mounted on the steelies. I called the stealership and they said they've been getting calls just like I called them. Its because of the weather.

Hopefully it thaws out before I drive again when heading home, its not safe for sure.
Had that happen to me last winter storm we had, although severe rumbling at 80km/h
The only thing that fixed it was a good thawing in the garage. No amount of clearing out the snow in the wheel well would fix it.
Surprised you got it even though you park inside.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: My steelies were frozen even though I parked inside, and this resulted in balancing issues when driving on the road. Speeds from 50KM/H and above resulted in the car shaking/vibrating, including the steering wheel. I doubt its the balance weights on the tires/rims since they were done in mid December when I had winters mounted on the steelies. I called the stealership and they said they've been getting calls just like I called them. Its because of the weather.

I bet this weather is not so good for any car and is taking a toll, but at least your car didn't get blown away like what would have happened in a typhoon in the Philippines lol I heard that the typhoon belt is shifting in the Philippines and so now moar of the extreme typhoons hit the middle of the country. So if you have any cars in Cebu Philippines that are made in Japan, lock them up or they will get picked up by the typhoon and end up back in Japan where they came from :lol:
blahhh
Nov 22, 2012
661 posts
24 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Old man winter..why don't you die already :mad:
I hate hate hate this weather now...If the weather won't improve by next week i'm revoking my allegiance to the Queen of England for being a loyal Canadian and moving to the Amazon forest to live with the tribes :mad:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
saugadealhunter wrote: Old man winter..why don't you die already :mad:
I hate hate hate this weather now...If the weather won't improve by next week i'm revoking my allegiance to the Queen of England for being a loyal Canadian and moving to the Amazon forest to live with the tribes :mad:
Hey that is just the area of the Earth I have been obsessed with since grade 9! Quillabamba where I am moving IS in the Amazon. Place is awsome. Tons of tropical fruits, medicinal plants, exotic animals, giant trees, friendly people and fun fiestas!

I strongly recommend just going straight to the Amazon ;)
[IMG]http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I ... GX0261.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8YJie-Pel98/U ... orest2.jpg[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
saugadealhunter wrote: Old man winter..why don't you die already :mad:
Its funny how India no longer belongs to Her Royal Majesty :razz: Just saying... a nation that small compared to Canada - size wise.
Proud to be an Indian.
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I strongly recommend just going straight to the Amazon ;)
Your post made me feel warm and excited to go.
Amazon.com was nothing like you described.

I'm disappointed.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Its funny how India no longer belongs to Her Royal Majesty :razz: Just saying... a nation that small compared to Canada - size wise.
I was just doing a tonne of reseach on India all this morning. I am learning about their expanding BPO/outsourcing industries and how they are the worlds leader in outsourcing due to labour costs, tax incentives ect. also India will become one of the worlds top economies due to manufacturing and other stuff.

Philippines is losing out due to many factors, dominated by it's terrible vulnerability situation to extreme weather events which is making India out-do it in growth. India has a stable environment while the Phils is getting a stunted economy due to flooding, typhoons and other natural disasters. India doesn't have that.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
onlineharvest wrote: Had that happen to me last winter storm we had, although severe rumbling at 80km/h
The only thing that fixed it was a good thawing in the garage. No amount of clearing out the snow in the wheel well would fix it.
Surprised you got it even though you park inside.
Ya I was surprised too, then again, the snow on top of the car is still there on my car from last night. So I guess it was too cold for it not to melt. Its not a heated garage by the way. I had to scrape off that as it became ice.

My mom's car was perfectly fine :(
Proud to be an Indian.
661 posts
24 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Hey that is just the area of the Earth I have been obsessed with since grade 9! Quillabamba where I am moving IS in the Amazon. Place is awsome. Tons of tropical fruits, medicinal plants, exotic animals, giant trees, friendly people and fun fiestas!

I strongly recommend just going straight to the Amazon ;)
But i'm scared of Anacondas and crocodiles :(
Btw how's the weather looking for the next few weeks OP?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MadCow wrote: Your post made me feel warm and excited to go.
Amazon.com was nothing like you described.

I'm disappointed.
Yeah. My post give high appeal for the Amazon eh? lol
The thrill of being surrounded by so many animals and culture and hot weather and weird and unique foods is so intriguing, it makes you wonder why you are still locked up in T-Dot with the snow and freezing cold lol

I have a feeling that spring when I am gone to Quillabamba will also suck here. So even by then when I am in 27 degrees, you guys will be getting cold and rainy quite likely. Sorry :(
blahhh
Sep 11, 2011
194 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
^^Those gorgeous photos are a sight for sore eyes! Love them. Back to reality now, we got walloped by snow yesterday. Made those few balmy days of driving around with windows down seem like distant memories already. :(

To help cheer us up again, here's Pharrell:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
saugadealhunter wrote: But i'm scared of Anacondas and crocodiles :(
Btw how's the weather looking for the next few weeks OP?
My latest long range data analysis shows that chances for any real changes are real bleak. I am seeing the same cold pattern dominating well into April. So that will mean rain and a risk for some of the last season wet snow sneaking into that month.

And btw, Anacondas and crocs contrary to popular belief are NOT that common at all actually. They only inhabit swamp areas, and only a small rare number of Anacondas are found outside of there and where you would go is firm ground which makes up 95% of the Amazon. There have been zero confirmed attacks of Anacondas as they are afradi of humans and tend to remain in hard to reach areas. The Amazon is actually very clean of threats in portions not altered by human intrusion. :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote: ^^Those gorgeous photos are a sight for sore eyes! Love them. Back to reality now, we got walloped by snow yesterday. Made those few balmy days of driving around with windows down seem like distant memories already. :(

To help cheer us up again, here's Pharrell:
It didn't load for me. Seems to be a different file upload type.

This always happens with my craptop! :mad:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
O and one quick note, the Weather Thread is now officially 2/3rds of the way to reaching a thousand pages with the current 660! And this thread is pretty much new as of this winter alone! This is almost unheard of for threads on RFD
blahhh