Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Sep 11, 2011
194 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: It didn't load for me. Seems to be a different file upload type.

This always happens with my craptop! :mad:
Too bad. You'll like it, very upbeat and catchy and will describe you to a T once you reached Peru. :lol: Btw, it's Pharrell's Happy video.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote: Too bad. You'll like it, very upbeat and catchy and will describe you to a T once you reached Peru. :lol: Btw, it's Pharrell's Happy video.
O ok cool. I don't know what plugins to update on this useless thing! When shozckwave crashes it says update plugin. When I click and it leads me to the place to download it, once I have it, it still says it doesn't work! Guess I won't be viewing any videos on here then :|

In Quillabamba, the bandwidth will be like 1 nanobyte a second so no videos there lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: In Quillabamba, the bandwidth will be like 1 nanobyte a second so no videos there lol
Who needs videos when you have nature and warm weather?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MadCow wrote: Who needs videos when you have nature and warm weather?
Exactly! I am actually excited to be out there in just a month and a half. The only reason I am using computers now is because I am stuck in cold T-Dot! But once I am there, I will be enjoying the wonderful tropical experience :) I get fed up by those stupid floating or pop-up ads that infest the computer screen and all the other issues with using computers for so long. I am ready to get out there, feel the warm breeze and enjoy life in a real way!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Found a bit of info just to throw out there, There is a new list of countries made to identify which countries are most at risk due to climate change. There is a long list of them that are at "extreme risk" , but the top countries at extreme risk and vulnerability include Bangladesh, Haiti, Philippines, Sudan and Ethiopia. These countries face a very severe level of vulnerability to extreme weather events due to extreme poverty and/or overpopulation combined with economic/infrastructure challenges as well as capacity to cope with upcoming extreme weather disasters. The Philippines' situation is even more dire than the rest when this extreme weather/climate crisis is coupled with it's exposure to the worlds most active Earthquake belt as well as violence in its southern region. Many African countries are in the extreme range too, but the Philippines and Bangladesh are in a much more serious situation. This extreme weather is expected to have high negative effects on economic performance of the countries with the top countries mentioned above having the most severe of these effects.

In the coming years, it will have to be seen how often the Philippines' needs for aid support will be increasing as it faces difficult times ahead with these challenges.

[IMG]http://maplecroft.com/media/updatable/n ... p_2014.jpg[/IMG]
http://maplecroft.com/portfolio/new-ana ... isk-atlas/

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img818/8421/pablodamage.jpg[/IMG]

A different report placed Philippines 2nd and Haiti 3rd in the world for vulnerability which is even worse for these countries: "Germanwatch Climate Risk Index 2014: Haiti, Philippines and Pakistan most affected"
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: It didn't load for me. Seems to be a different file upload type.

This always happens with my craptop! :mad:
i see ur laptop is having too many problems loading the images and videos. download/update all the necessary software like adobe flash player, shockwave, silverlight, java, etc.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
355 upvotes
I guess snow storm one day and deep freeze the next day is the worst combination you can have for driving.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39914 posts
5970 upvotes
King City
LoveRFD wrote: I guess snow storm one day and deep freeze the next day is the worst combination you can have for driving.
You betcha! To add to the fun - dingbat drivers.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
LoveRFD wrote: I guess snow storm one day and deep freeze the next day is the worst combination you can have for driving.
Actually that combined with idiot drivers makes the REAL worst combination for driving! They are what make it so bad! They day they enact a law to make all drivers go through-dealing-with-Canada-weather drivers training, we all will be better off!
test9251 wrote: i see ur laptop is having too many problems loading the images and videos. download/update all the necessary software like adobe flash player, shockwave, silverlight, java, etc.
Thanks. I must do that or simply accept a life withdrawn from dependence on computer use for entertainment. I have gotten real sick of this. IT won't bug me when I am in Peru and Philippines because I will be entertained enough to forget about computers :) Every time I do the update the notice says to do, I end up with no improvement.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: You betcha! To add to the fun - dingbat drivers.
Hey I was just typing the same thing about those drivers and you beat me to it!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2068 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Was anyone else ready to fling a giant string of expletives this morning because of traffic. It took me 4hrs to drive from Hamilton to the airport, there were problems on the 403 and then the QEW was shut down and diverted to Eastport drive. Once I got out of that nightmare OMG the 401 what another drive from hell, transport trucks that were just spinning their wheels

The trucks today caused pretty much all of the chaos 4 trucks crashed on the 403 I heard about more doing the same on the 401, then there were stalled trucks all over blocking lanes, then they were the ones that couldn't make it up highway ramps, the icing on the cake (this one from the looks was the car drivers fault), 401 collectors towards the 427 looked like an older smaller VW Golf maybe, I didn't care I was so fed up with traffic some lady manged to get her car partially run over on the drivers side by the car looks like she cut the truck off or was probably yapping on the phone and not paying attention, she was fine but hopefully learned to pay attention she was lucky she didn't get killed.

My bony butt was killing me from sitting so long in the car. LOL :razz:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Was anyone else ready to fling a giant string of expletives this morning because of traffic. It took me 4hrs to drive from Hamilton to the airport, there were problems on the 403 and then the QEW was shut down and diverted to Eastport drive. Once I got out of that nightmare OMG the 401 what another drive from hell, transport trucks that were just spinning their wheels

The trucks today caused pretty much all of the chaos 4 trucks crashed on the 403 I heard about more doing the same on the 401, then there were stalled trucks all over blocking lanes, then they were the ones that couldn't make it up highway ramps, the icing on the cake (this one from the looks was the car drivers fault), 401 collectors towards the 427 looked like an older smaller VW Golf maybe, I didn't care I was so fed up with traffic some lady manged to get her car partially run over on the drivers side by the car looks like she cut the truck off or was probably yapping on the phone and not paying attention, she was fine but hopefully learned to pay attention she was lucky she didn't get killed.

My bony butt was killing me from sitting so long in the car. LOL :razz:
I hate being in cars for so long. It's so boring! lol Especially when all the scenery is just a bunch of asphalt and other cars. Canada must be the worst place in the developed world to drive because of the weather.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18018 posts
1817 upvotes
Space for rent
Would!d be awesome if this was a record setting g year. Snow in July, anyone e?