Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 11:03 pm
what were you going to the airport for? I think I would have went all nutso if I was stuck on the road for four hours..... :(

Would taking locals roads would have been better?
Why the airport? to move out of Canada forever because the weather just SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13127 posts
1666 upvotes
With 662 pages of this thread, I have calculated that each post gets about 1.5ms of notoriety. At this rate, each one of us need to post 60,000 additional items for any real journalistic traction. Good luck to ALL.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
eldiablo wrote:
Mar 14th, 2014 5:58 am
With 662 pages of this thread, I have calculated that each post gets about 1.5ms of notoriety. At this rate, each one of us need to post 60,000 additional items for any real journalistic traction. Good luck to ALL.
You happened to post his right when it is closing in on 10,000 post number. This would be the only thread ever on this site that would explode to such size in just a few months and 5 digit number of posts is indeed a rare milestone for a thread here. Other threads in more permanent sections of the site took years to reach hundreds of pages. But weather is actually the most important subject for discussion in the country so it comes as no surprise. Everything from your house to Christmas to Automotive to apparel to vacations to how you feel today to what you will do today or when you will get there and so many more things can come up in this thread because it is all linked by the weather.

There is a word I once saw but I forgot the word and can't find it, but it is a single word term that refers to something that relates to a lot of things. Weather is the most [insert aforementioned forgotten word] of all topics that exist due to the range of things it relates too. If anyone can think of what that word might be, please suggest it :) it is one of those words in the English language you pretty much never hear cause it is seldom ever used.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39713 posts
5907 upvotes
King City
LOL OP I am gonna drop a bombshell on my co workers as they want great weather next month and in the summer. Not until they see that April will be cold lol.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote:
Mar 14th, 2014 9:19 am
LOL OP I am gonna drop a bombshell on my co workers as they want great weather next month and in the summer. Not until they see that April will be cold lol.
I am about to miss the bus, but I will cover on this later. I think I am seeing some good news showing up. I will go in depth and confirm with more data when I return ;)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
Well let me jinx it and say that we will have snow during the summer months then....Winter for everybody 365 days a year in Canada-Siberia!! Let us pray to the winter gods....;/
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2760 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
How bout heat and 25-30 degree weather foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20337 posts
4297 upvotes
Poormond Hill
therollin wrote:
Mar 14th, 2014 10:02 am
No.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6199 posts
4405 upvotes
Toronto
therollin wrote:
Hell yeah
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8228 posts
3360 upvotes
Markham
therollin wrote:
Fahrenheit?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2065 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Pochacco wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 11:03 pm
what were you going to the airport for? I think I would have went all nutso if I was stuck on the road for four hours..... :(

Would taking locals roads would have been better?
I did think I would lose my mind several times on that drive. I had to pick up my father in law who refuses to take a limo that I would pay for. He thinks its wasting money, but having me drive, pay for parking and hunt for him in the terminal is not :facepalm: . Backroads were not an option they were horrible too that was the majority of trying to get out of Hamilton everyone was doing the same thing, once the highways are messed up there you are done for there is no way out. The other big chunk waste of time was the 401 right in front of the airport, that mess started back at the 403 by Eglington.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Wow today was my lucky TTC day! All the buses and subways came and left with me on them the instant I showed up for them and a toonie was on a seat in one of them waiting for pick-up ... by me! lol Ya that's right a free toonie at the back of the bus left behind. It was worth it to go all the way to Scarborough Dollarama because this luck resulted in me only spending on 1 of 3 items, the other 2 from my bus seat finding!

Anyways now I get to the forecast fast cuz my TTC timing luck got me here fast! Accuweather forecast long range is now pretty much all mild. Even TWNs is above freezing through the long range range too also with just a couple below freezing. Also to note, I am noticing the warming trend starting to crank up at slightly lower latitudes of the northern hemisphere, essentially 'injecting' warmer air into our northern airmasses, rapidly modifying the remaining cold air. Most of Russia is already losing its cold weather to above freezing warmth so our sources of cold weather are actually disappearing really fast. this sudden shutdown of of the cold in Siberia could result in a rather significant upward trend in temps here when our source of the cold gets all warm. At the rate we are going and the impending results of the melting of the Russian snowpack, there should be a huge rise in temps within the next month. It means to be seen exactly when this arrives, but when it does, you will really feel it. It will feel significant only because when we finally jolt back to normal temps, it will come as a shock since we will be coming out of typical winter conditions suddenly into full out spring conditions

Average temps for March 14th: 5 and rising fast with each day.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2014 11:03 am
I did think I would lose my mind several times on that drive. I had to pick up my father in law who refuses to take a limo that I would pay for. He thinks its wasting money, but having me drive, pay for parking and hunt for him in the terminal is not :facepalm: . Backroads were not an option they were horrible too that was the majority of trying to get out of Hamilton everyone was doing the same thing, once the highways are messed up there you are done for there is no way out. The other big chunk waste of time was the 401 right in front of the airport, that mess started back at the 403 by Eglington.
But it doesn't have to be a limo. He is not biebz lol Can't it just be a taxi? limo sounds strange! Anyone can opt for cab. That is super easy and saves you the hassle.
blahhh
Sep 11, 2011
194 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Mar 14th, 2014 6:41 am
There is a word I once saw but I forgot the word and can't find it, but it is a single word term that refers to something that relates to a lot of things. Weather is the most [insert aforementioned forgotten word] of all topics that exist due to the range of things it relates too. If anyone can think of what that word might be, please suggest it :) it is one of those words in the English language you pretty much never hear cause it is seldom ever used.
The only word I can think of is ubiquitous.

Honestly, OP, you're gonna miss us so badly after only a month and hightail back in no time! :lol: Where else can you find people that range from charming, witty to snarky, demanding and everything in between. :razz: Add in the mix, a weather that's so, shall we say, volatile? You'll be bored stiff in your Peru paradise and you know it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)