Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 9:48 am
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18434 posts
1877 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I am :)

I don't even know any of my family so I choose to end up in different countries and meet brand new people there and choose to be in these countries independent of anybody. It is agreed that Toronto is one of the hardest places to make friends, while Filipinos are the friendliest people and Peruvians are similar so I will enjoy my unique life.
Do you're an orphan? Were you born in Toronto? You should find out how your biological mother is and ask her why? Anyway what's the people you most identify with?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote: Do you're an orphan? Were you born in Toronto? You should find out how your biological mother is and ask her why? Anyway what's the people you most identify with?
I was born in Toronto, but I was an orphan an ended up in Barrie.

I tried to find my mother, but I suspect she moved to Russia or something because noone under her name was in Canada. My mother is Russian :) I identify mostly with the people I know in south america, which is why I am always on the Weather Thread in Canada. The ones in Peru are like family to me there and here is like a weather family lol

Anyways, I am not happy by what I see in the EURO model. GFS is just as bad or :cry: even worse :cry: I see a lot of winter conditions. That is why I set the Weather Thread to the current status a few days ago. Appears that those hopes for the warmer stuff are going away again!

EDIT: :cry: and the CFS filled all the warmer in the long range back up with MOAR COLD :cry:
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2624 posts
657 upvotes
Scarborough
Pochacco wrote: what were you going to the airport for? ....
Supercooled wrote: Do you're an orphan? Were you born in Toronto? You should find out how your biological mother is and ask her why? Anyway what's the people you most identify with?
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Your turn:
Do you have any offensive body odor? Do you lave daily? Do you have gingivitis?

Unbelievable!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: The Weather Network forecasters must be drinking again, why are they forecasting 10cm of snow next Friday.

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2nk6mf8.jpg[/IMG]
I was seeing an Alberta clipper with a moderate snowfall for that time. Does not look like that much even though it consists of 3 lows merging.

But given the nature of Alberta clippers and the reliability of the models, I am betting on the storm looking quite different from what it looks like now on the models. It could become even more, but most storms this winter disappeared rather than staying or getting stronger. So my best guess right now would be little snow managing to come with this one. I will watch the GFS and EURO tomorrow to see if this low disappears like most of the others have done.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18434 posts
1877 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Samwfive wrote: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Your turn:
Do you have any offensive body odor? Do you lave daily? Do you have gingivitis?

Unbelievable!

Sorry why is it offensive? I find op a fascinating person. And he seems to be game for q and a. What is your issue with me asking more about someone I find interesting? May be if people weren't so inhibited by stigmas we might make this world a better place. He had been posting here for a long time and many would consider him like a brother or close friend. I haven't wen seen you post on this thread an all of a sudden you attack me for being tactless because I picked up on the fact that he was an orphan. If a person was offended they would not corrospond.

As far as body odour I don't have any. I have slight gingivitis though when I floss it bleeds. Any more question? You have some nerve buster!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote: Sorry why is it offensive? I find op a fascinating person. And he seems to be game for q and a. What is your issue with me asking more about someone I find interesting? May be if people weren't so inhibited by stigmas we might make this world a better place. He had been posting here for a long time and many would consider him like a brother or close friend. I haven't wen seen you post on this thread an all of a sudden you attack me for being tactless because I picked up on the fact that he was an orphan. If a person was offended they would not corrospond.

As far as body odour I don't have any. I have slight gingivitis though when I floss it bleeds. Any more question? You have some nerve buster!
I here that most people in North America have gingivitis sometime in their lives, so it is not so much a matter of who you are or how you are, but when it eventually ends up happening. I had gingivitis because of a higher intake of natural sugars like apple juice and things. Now, to offset that, I used by Orabrush tongue cleaner and hydrogen peroxide and the problem is gone ;) In Quillabamba, I will be restricted to totally natural food sources, so gingivitis will be less easy to get than in north america.

As for the GFS model,, I don't get why the long range is still a complete mess. Cold and now I even see a snowstorm showing up in the long range! that doesn't mean this low pressure system will be the one we get, but this proves that we are STILL a long way finishing winter. Astronomical winter ends in a few days and meteorological winter ended over 2 weeks ago! So things are really way off balance.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Magnitude 6.3 earthquake strikes northwestern Peru

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns- ... 2078.story
I know of that area well. I wonder when the Philippines is getting one next. Philippines has been ravaged by typhoons, earthquakes, a shortage of power and infrastructure, they don't need more of this, but I here that the Philippines is in the part of the Earth most vulnerable to not only tropical cyclones, but also the most vulnerable zone to earthquakes. A bad combination for sure. Peru's risk doesn't seem too bad. Population density is low, so they take small hit.

EDIT: I assumed they took a small hit before I actually went and read the article and turns out I was right. When the Phils gets hit, it is a major crisis because of population and other pressures, but Peru seems to escape from that.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40044 posts
6027 upvotes
King City
-22 Deg C. Crap! WTF!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: -22 Deg C. Crap! WTF!
There is zero progress in the GFS and EURO in terms of a shift out of this awful weather in the long range, although environment Canada has all above freezing starting in a couple days. It keeps the really cold days out of the entire long range forecast once we get past tomorrow. All other public forecasts do too. So I hope the GFS is wrong.
therollin wrote: 666
Rather than 666 page number, I rather go with 666 degrees celsius ;)

Also, the long range Accuweather forecast goes all the way out to my last day living here :) Sure makes it feel closer!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
the cold I see in the latest run of the GFS is so bad it is making April look more like January :|
:| Uh! :|

Please be wrong or I will will spend a thousand bux on changing my flight date just to get outta here now! :cry:
blahhh