Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5972 upvotes
King City
Not sure if this was posted but on the news I heard that there is a forecast for freezing rain and 2cm of snow tomorrow morning and it will affect the commute. People East and North of the city will be affected it seems.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Not sure if this was posted but on the news I heard that there is a forecast for freezing rain and 2cm of snow tomorrow morning and it will affect the commute. People East and North of the city will be affected it seems.
Checking the GFS, there is very little window of opportunity for that because as soon as the precip moves in, the warm slot of the low prssure system is also moving in. I doubt it will have any impact in the GTA.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
- Wheh you put de GFS data?

- Me lef it on de bus and de man theif it bambaclot!.

- how you gwaan predict de wedder?

- de termometer in me cyar

[IMG]http://www.mytripolog.com/wp-content/up ... -beach.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.milanox.eu/wp-content/upload ... 76x575.jpg[/IMG]

Translation: Where did you put the GFS data?

I left it on the bus and the man stole it, bumbaklot!

how are you gonna predict the weather?

The thermometer in my car
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I just reviewed the GFS data. The precip won't arrive to T-Dot until sunrise and by then the warm air will already be movin in. Watch, when the precip really gets going it will already be mid morning and far too mild for freezing rain. I don't know why all sources are saying freezing rain. It won't arrive until it is above freezing, and it is already too mild.

regarding the cherry blossoms thread, it will be super late this year. I won't even be able to see it in April before I move to Peru because it will be way behind schedule. It is too cold.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5972 upvotes
King City
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Checking the GFS, there is very little window of opportunity for that because as soon as the precip moves in, the warm slot of the low prssure system is also moving in. I doubt it will have any impact in the GTA.
That's good. Well I shall see how tmr morning goes lol. I'm holding this one onto you :razz: Jokes.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 12, 2011
4064 posts
399 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
JACKIE26 wrote: What don't you want to smell like sewage and get an open sore rash all over your body :razz: . I never get those people who swim in Lake Ontario, better off running through a sprinkler in your backyard.
Long Point and Turkey Point in Lake Erie are quite nice, we have friends with a beach house in Grand Bend very nice beaches there as well.
As long as you rinse off after youre good. I've swam in it for years and have never got sick. Knock on wood.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: That's good. Well I shall see how tmr morning goes lol. I'm holding this one onto you :razz: Jokes.
O I'm prepared lol I already know I'm gonna be right ;) Latest GFS confirms what I have been saying. Still looks like precip won't really get started until late morning and will be wet instead when it does arrive. Do be prepared though. I see heavy rain coing to a few spots and the closer you are to lake Ontario the more rain you could see. But that's all really.
Typhoonz wrote: As long as you rinse off after youre good. I've swam in it for years and have never got sick. Knock on wood.
Ya and don't swallow the water lol
That should keep the problem at bay. don't do like my foster sister did in the pool and gulp down the water the whole time in there! lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2068 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: - Wheh you put de GFS data?

- Me lef it on de bus and de man theif it.

- how you gwaan predict de wedder?

- de termometer in me cyar
Rob?? Rob Ford is that you? You hijacked OP's account?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Rob?? Rob Ford is that you? You hijacked OP's account?
Yep lol

I guess everyone knows that Ford was caught speaking Jamaica lol

On another note, el nino es expected to come and that means much warmer winter for you all next winter.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2068 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Typhoonz wrote: As long as you rinse off after youre good. I've swam in it for years and have never got sick. Knock on wood.
You are in Cambridge, you have such nice beaches close to you, you don't need to swin in lake Ontario. That whole area between Port Dover and Long Point is beautiful. Even as a day trip to the beach its a worthwhile drive.

http://www.goldcoastliving.ca/Beaches/G ... 0Erie.html
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
1438 posts
49 upvotes
Damn it was quite warm today, took out the wrong coat today T_T
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2635 posts
422 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
stupidducky wrote: Damn it was quite warm today, took out the wrong coat today T_T
yeah i'm loving this new kind of polar vortex. went out for a walk with a light summer jacket during lunch today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)