Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 9:11 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
This is the first day since last year summer-fall transition that I could go out and enjoy walking most of the time with just a t-shirt on. I loved it.

:cry: But I am still seeing CG :cry:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 1:57 pm
I saw some too, weirdos.
I guess this will dominate until temps hold above 24 degrees.

On another note, enjoy this warm weather cuz it is going to get cut off by a cold front in a couple hours.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39594 posts
5858 upvotes
King City
I haven't been outside yet, but looking forward to the drive home and I can open my windows fully :razz:
Proud to be an Indian.
Aug 27, 2012
5513 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 1:53 pm
This is the first day since last year summer-fall transition that I could go out and enjoy walking most of the time with just a t-shirt on. I loved it.

:cry: But I am still seeing CG :cry:
winds are strong, idk why, maybe torontarded wind is cracked.

btw, you should make a blog of your adventures. :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 2:15 pm
winds are strong, idk why, maybe torontarded wind is cracked.

btw, you should make a blog of your adventures. :D
Lol Alberta clipper is cracked. But it is really the cold front that is doing it. Jet stream is working with it. If I am to do the blog,you will see me constantly switching cities once I get to Philippines. I can't make up my mind here and I bet I still won't be able to once I'm there lol. I'm moving to Cebu ... now I'm moving to Angeles city ... now I'm moving to Zamboanga del Sur :) Let's see if I can make a thousand friends across Philippines and remember all of their names ;)
djemzine wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 2:13 pm
I haven't been outside yet, but looking forward to the drive home and I can open my windows fully :razz:
yes but make sure you do it before the cold front comes. I warned you, it's on its way real soon ;)
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24301 posts
1559 upvotes
Markham, ON
so long on agriculture...beverage companies? Timber? what else?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 2:27 pm
so long on agriculture...beverage companies? Timber? what else?
Anywhere that is dependant on hydropower and is prone to drought during el nino will have issues too. All the things you mentioned fit into the agriculture 4 forestries departments of countries and that is the very industry that will pretty much just be impacted. Maybe regions in northern S. America tha depend on hydro power will have issues, just like the capital region of Philippines where I will be during the later part of this. People there are supposedly going to be paying sky high rates during the dry season. So in a sense, some parts of the world will also see this affecting manufacturing.

[IMG]http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/s ... 3/fig1.gif[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2745 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
The next few hours in the Gta there will be a few areas which experience heavy rain for short periods of time as the cold front moves through
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 6:22 pm
The next few hours in the Gta there will be a few areas which experience heavy rain for short periods of time as the cold front moves through
Gracias experto :)

Although it looks like the rain line is already disintegrating. The first part broke up. Which means what what remains near lake huron won't be too much.

I just noticed something good, I have not been disrpted outside by rain since October! Somehow, rain always seems to fall at night, or some time when I don't need to go out anywhere. This is great. and with the dry season and el nino, I am going to continue a surprisingly long streak of luck with little to no rain ruining things for me.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
mod_it wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 6:42 pm
Hey OP, if El Nino happens this summer, what will be the impact in Ontario?

Hope it's not like the early 00's SW Ontario Drought. In 2002, it was unreal!

[IMG]http://s.imwx.com/common/articles/image ... 50x366.jpg[/IMG]
One of the things about El nino is that its effects are limited in summer, in particular here. It only tends to modify winter, leaving summer to be controlled by any other active weather indices. So summer can do anything really. Winter, expect it to be much much warmer than the last one. that's all really.

I remember 2 summers ago. Everything turned brown for month of July. LAst summer the same thing happened, only in August instead and slightly less severe.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
Apr 10th, 2014 6:22 pm
Cold front finally enters the GTA via Brampton in, counting

:cry: I can't finish it. I am already attached to the warmer weather and don't want the cold front to take it away from me :cry: Someone please stop this cold front!!!

[IMG]http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Don+t+cry. ... 068338.gif[/IMG]

I'll never forget you warm weather. I promise.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland
As Steven Page once sang, "It's all been done before."
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5513 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
@OP
where is the weather map of coldfront?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)