Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2745 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 3:38 pm
Lol yes. When you look at the forecast we have now, we don't have the original seasons anymore! Everything has changed! Now they have to adapt newly developed tires for our new set of seasons :)
Seasons, instead of lasting 3-4 months are now shortened into 3-4 hours and cycle through randomly!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 5:57 pm
Seasons, instead of lasting 3-4 months are now shortened into 3-4 hours and cycle through randomly!
Whoever programmed the latest season set-up should have their weather control mechanics licence revoked!

But in the meantime, while we wait for the climate to fix itself, we will have to deal with this if things get worse!!
[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6LPWgzAj1yM/U ... 0/fore.png[/IMG]
Disclaimer This ^ is fake! but it could become real if the weather doesn't quit acting up!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2065 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
djemzine wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 5:47 pm
I just hope the idiots stay put at home tomorrow!
Not a chance, I passed 3 accidents today and the road was just damp. Pack some Tylenol for the drive, its a given the idiots will give you a headache.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 6:58 pm
Not a chance, I passed 3 accidents today and the road was just damp. Pack some Tylenol for the drive, its a given the idiots will give you a headache.
Hmmm let's see, time to do the math. 3 accidents, nearly perfect weather, 3 accidents to the power of bad winter weather tomorrow, plus dingbats going to work, carry the 7, = 552 accidents are coming tomorrow :lol:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
O no! I am considering moving to Lima instead of Cuzco but just remembered that if we get el nino, it will make it pour rain the whole time. Now I really hate the weather :evil: > :(

I am worried about moving to Cuzco cuz it might be so darn boring! Lima is funner. But if stupid el nino soaks it it will ruin everything for me! :mad:

From what I heard, el nino causes it to rain there. I hope it doesn't happen. I will be pissed!

EDIT: I found out that they actually hardly even get rain there so I will be fine. Also, el nino appears to be doing a backturn from its supposed path. I see cold water building up near Peru, not warm so that means dry weather to continue for me ;)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2625 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Time sure flies OP, the last time I checked this thread your countdown was in the 60s now its already in the hours.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
willyxjai wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 8:20 pm
Time sure flies OP, the last time I checked this thread your countdown was in the 60s now its already in the hours.
Lol yes I switched just 2 days ago to counting down the hours because now that my flight date is within the GFS model forecast period of 384 hours, I am just counting away the hours now!

which reminds me, I better check what the GFS says for my flight date! Please no blizzard :cry: :cry:

EDIT: Sunshine!!!!!!!!
[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6myFNM4E8zE/T ... nshine.png[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19008 posts
5908 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Guys it is only 12 HOURS AWAY from when I will eat my breakfast. I was going to eat pancakes but now I'm considering tonight's leftovers.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BinaryJay wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 8:33 pm
Guys it is only 12 HOURS AWAY from when I will eat my breakfast. I was going to eat pancakes but now I'm considering tonight's leftovers.
And me, hot chocolate and something else hot cuz this is what it's gonna look like in the morning:

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/13622 ... o1_500.gif[/IMG]

So hot breakfast!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2014 9:30 pm
we have heavy snowfall tomorrow?
Yep. But it will melt from the beginning. Not too much will stick. But it will likely look heavy as it falls.

Nice to see winter back again :)
blahhh
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland
Polar vortex. LOL. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I wanted to make observations on el nino. Before any other weather reporters say anything on this, I just wanna say that el nino appears to be malfunctioning! where there is supposed to warm water building up off the coast of Peru, I am seeing cold water rapidly building up. The largest pool of cold water in the world is located right around where el nino (always warm water) is supposed to be forming. All the warming is happening in the gulf of Alaska. I will keep a close eye on this, but I am losing confidence in el nino coming.

Other experts predicted it, now I am disapproving it based on analysis.
blahhh