Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
411 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
i checked the long range and everything looks fine. below seasonal temps (by about 5-6 degrees) and a few rainy days here and there.

it's not spring without rain, guys.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4019 posts
388 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
OP do you leave on the 28th of April? If so, what terminal are you leaving out of? I'll be there too!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Typhoonz wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:20 pm
OP do you leave on the 28th of April? If so, what terminal are you leaving out of? I'll be there too!
Lol. Mine is April 29th. Too bad, I would have met one more RFDer on my way to Peru!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:16 pm
i checked the long range and everything looks fine. below seasonal temps (by about 5-6 degrees) and a few rainy days here and there.

it's not spring without rain, guys.
I use forecast models to check the very latest changes in trends. I see the possible shift to rain on my flight date, although since this happened so fast, maybe it will quickly change back. I sure hope.
raps4lyfe wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:29 pm
OPs departure date can't come fast enough!
Lol yes. I am sick of shivering. Whole forecast looks cold!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
411 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:38 pm
I use forecast models to check the very latest changes in trends.
no offence but i tend to put more faith in an experienced meteorologist's predication when it comes to predicting long term weather based on these models.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4019 posts
388 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:34 pm
Lol. Mine is April 29th. Too bad, I would have met one more RFDer on my way to Peru!
Oh haha. At least you're off to somewhere warm! I'm off to the *cool* Ireland.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:51 pm
no offence but i tend to put more faith in an experienced meteorologist's predication when it comes to predicting long term weather based on these models.
This thread is extremely long, but if you had the time you would be amazed as you find all the occasions I beat the "professional" ones. It actually happens regularily. Just this past month it was with freezing rain predictions and many others involving winter weather. They predicted one thing, I predicted another and I turned out to be right. People have commented throughout this thread on my incredible accuracy so beleive me, my forecasts rival ones from official sources. They should not, since they went to school for years for this. I don't know why this happens, but it is proven by what you see in the latest 5 months of which there was more high activity in this thread.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Typhoonz wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 9:51 pm
Oh haha. At least you're off to somewhere warm! I'm off to the *cool* Ireland.
YA not so nice lol.

I think I established Lima as the best climate in the world. It is the only place in the world that does not suffer any maritime weather events, no heavy rain/flooding, almost no temperature variation, temps stay at room temperature year round and it is always sunny or at worst just with clouds. All other comparable places either have cold or warm or wet intrude at some point in the year.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
411 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2014 10:01 pm
This thread is extremely long, but if you had the time you would be amazed as you find all the occasions I beat the "professional" ones. It actually happens regularily. Just this past month it was with freezing rain predictions and many others involving winter weather. They predicted one thing, I predicted another and I turned out to be right. People have commented throughout this thread on my incredible accuracy so beleive me, my forecasts rival ones from official sources. They should not, since they went to school for years for this. I don't know why this happens, but it is proven by what you see in the latest 5 months of which there was more high activity in this thread.
"they" being a variety of different sources. doesn't surprise me.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5933 posts
4026 upvotes
Toronto
Good morning OP!!
Glad to see it's sunny out there!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39454 posts
5832 upvotes
King City
Was kinda chilly in the am. Was hitting about -1 Deg C up North lol as per my car's outside temp gauge :razz:
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 7:40 am
Was kinda chilly in the am. Was hitting about -1 Deg C up North lol as per my car's outside temp gauge :razz:
I'm surprised that for right in T-Dot, there are no moar below freezing days forecast. Maybe there will be an early planting season for some areas.
roblombardi wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 7:38 am
Good morning OP!!
Glad to see it's sunny out there!
Buenos dias!
It's nice to see we got sun forecast for most days coming up. But I am still mad about my flight forecast. Although EC says sun all that day so maybe the GFS is wrong. I hope so :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Yes! the EURO says it will be dry on my flight! so it WILL be dry :evil:

The GFS can go fly a kite!
blahhh