Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5964 posts
4072 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 7:44 am
Buenos dias!
It's nice to see we got sun forecast for most days coming up. But I am still mad about my flight forecast. Although EC says sun all that day so maybe the GFS is wrong. I hope so :)
Well, maybe if you're lucky, and you get a packet that has 13 peanuts instead of only 12, that will make you forget about the rain

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
roblombardi wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 7:55 am
Well, maybe if you're lucky, and you get a packet that has 13 peanuts instead of only 12, that will make you forget about the rain

Lol I will ask them for one. I will feel the bag and confirm how many are in there. If it is not moar than 12 peanuts, I will toss the packet back on the cart and say "gimme a bigger one!!! I'm a growing boy!"

I found that I need moar calories to withstand feeling cold. The forecast for onboard the flight is always drafty with a flurry of yawns.

EDIT: yesss! the latest GFS also has no real rainfall for the morning I go out with my luggage, preventing it from getting soaked for the journey. So now it won't stink when it arrive in Peru lol
blahhh
Jan 7, 2014
247 posts
34 upvotes
Richmond Hill
winter is never letting go of us...it will stay here all the way till august and before you know it, it will be september and the next winter would come along and embrace us for another year of coldness
that is all
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2538 posts
618 upvotes
Scarborough
OP, knowing that you'll be served 12 peanuts...buy some here, now? lolz.

WOW! I had my full vitamin D charge today. Did a "clean your city" by tidying up the 90yr old neighbor's yard...
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
It's Canada. I guess for a few years people forgot that it's actually cold here most of the time or something.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17604 posts
1703 upvotes
Woodbridge
Why complain something you cannot control.

In a few weeks people will start *****ing about how hot it is.

I hear it every day!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2695 upvotes
Winnipeg
it's so cold that my mining operation still doesn't generate enough heat and still require furnace to supplement :(
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Samwfive wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 11:40 am
OP, knowing that you'll be served 12 peanuts...buy some here, now? lolz.

WOW! I had my full vitamin D charge today. Did a "clean your city" by tidying up the 90yr old neighbor's yard...
I am mostly joking. I think the way it works is the short flight connecting the origin city (Toronto) to the long distance flight (NYC to Peru) serves peanuts and once I get on that longer nflight we get a yummy sandwich :) Now that I am changing my travel habits and only traveling to first tier cities (Lima, Manila) I will be spending minimal time waiting in airports because there are no overnights. So that also means little issue with the food I get. I can eat plenty before I go and I will be all set to go.

And today's weather was great! I also got enough vitamin D, or can get my full dose by going back into the sun later. I can't believe it's only 9 degrees! it feels so much warmer than that walking back on Jones in this really potent sun.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11421 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
GO WINTER GO!
Since my daughter became mobile (walks, walks a LOT) I have zero time to take care of my yard. I need a free pass this year!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1719 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
bembol wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 12:07 pm
Why complain something you cannot control.

In a few weeks people will start *****ing about how hot it is.

I hear it every day!
I never complain when it's hot, even when it's really uncomfortable. I'm thankful for those 2 days/year. Sadly I don't think we're going to get even 1 day of summer this year.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8301 posts
1314 upvotes
Toronto
We'll be lucky to get a month of summer. Like temps in the mid to high 20's.

Despite last year's mild winter we had a pretty mild summer as well.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1719 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
gh05t wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 1:43 pm
We'll be lucky to get a month of summer. Like temps in the mid to high 20's.

Despite last year's mild winter we had a pretty mild summer as well.
I'd like it nice now. I won't care much in June when the World Cup's on.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5964 posts
4072 upvotes
Toronto
bigwhite418 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 11:33 am
winter is never letting go of us...it will stay here all the way till august and before you know it, it will be september and the next winter would come along and embrace us for another year of coldness
that is all
this is so depressing

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)