Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 4:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2564 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
I think you forgot what winter feels like. That or you live in a city that had a very mild winter.
Nov 22, 2012
658 posts
24 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 12:51 pm
I am mostly joking. I think the way it works is the short flight connecting the origin city (Toronto) to the long distance flight (NYC to Peru) serves peanuts and once I get on that longer nflight we get a yummy sandwich :) Now that I am changing my travel habits and only traveling to first tier cities (Lima, Manila) I will be spending minimal time waiting in airports because there are no overnights. So that also means little issue with the food I get. I can eat plenty before I go and I will be all set to go.

And today's weather was great! I also got enough vitamin D, or can get my full dose by going back into the sun later. I can't believe it's only 9 degrees! it feels so much warmer than that walking back on Jones in this really potent sun.
As far as I know for the short haul flight from Toronto to NYC, no meals will be served. For the long haul flight you should be getting more than just a sandwich (unless airlines got more cheaper and reduced meal services for long distance flights as well :mad: ) Meals in airlines sucks anyways!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
saugadealhunter wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 4:14 pm
As far as I know for the short haul flight from Toronto to NYC, no meals will be served. For the long haul flight you should be getting more than just a sandwich (unless airlines got more cheaper and reduced meal services for long distance flights as well :mad: ) Meals in airlines sucks anyways!
I was going to mention that I think as costs soar, in order to compete without raising prices too much, they cut as much as they can from everything else. That must be why no new planes have come with LCDs and other snazzy stuff. They get worse every year :|

Soon, you will have to pay a fee to use the lavatory, tu inflate the mask if the plane goes down and no food will be served unless you are one of the rich that can pay 20 bux for 12 peanuts lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
411 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
OP where do you live?

i took the day off today and just got back from a fishing trip. the weather seemed fine to me, but i imagine it's not so comfortable near the coasts of the great lakes.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 5:00 pm
OP where do you live?

i took the day off today and just got back from a fishing trip. the weather seemed fine to me, but i imagine it's not so comfortable near the coasts of the great lakes.
I live in Greek town Jones Ave where I posted photos of the ice storm damage. Well I will be living here for 4 days MOAR. Then It's Peru I'm living in of course :)

You mean shores of the great lakes lol

It must suck there cuz the winds come straight from icy waters. I wouldn't like it that's for sure.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
411 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 7:00 pm
I live in Greek town Jones Ave where I posted photos of the ice storm damage. Well I will be living here for 4 days MOAR. Then It's Peru I'm living in of course :)

You mean shores of the great lakes lol

It must suck there cuz the winds come straight from icy waters. I wouldn't like it that's for sure.
that was directed at someone else. admins merged his thread with this one...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 8:58 pm
that was directed at someone else. admins merged his thread with this one...
O lol that's funny. I did not look up. I knew they were going to merge that thread because 2 threads about cold weather just does not fly in these forums lol Next time I will look up!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Looks like I am in the longest good luck no-rain-disruption streak of my life because now, after going from October to now without one time having rain inconvenience me or alter my plans and I now confirm that the only rainy day left, which is today, the rain also won't arrive till afterwards so I will make it to Lima, Peru on this good luck streak. While we have gotten rain, it has been by chance (and overall lack of rainfall days in T-Dot) that I am going for so many months unaffected whenever I happen to want to go someplace. So all is good through my flight date. From there, I will be rewarded with a solid 7 months of dry weather bringing my total number of months without rain-related complications to 13 months!!!

As I said before, Manila will change all of this finally, but maybe still not until well into the following year because of the dry season coupled with El nino. So I am on my best weather streak ever sine rain ruining things is probably the thing I absolutely hate the most about the weather! So I am loving this good luck streak and most of it still is ahead of me!

I should add that ironically, the weather is getting worse, not better for May. After plenty of double digits, you guys are moving backwards and getting back into single digits and rain will plague you as you move into May. It makes no sense cuz it was supposed to be April doing this and May a big improvement. It is taking a reverse big time!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20257 posts
4207 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 24th, 2014 4:27 pm
I was going to mention that I think as costs soar, in order to compete without raising prices too much, they cut as much as they can from everything else. That must be why no new planes have come with LCDs and other snazzy stuff. They get worse every year :|

Soon, you will have to pay a fee to use the lavatory, tu inflate the mask if the plane goes down and no food will be served unless you are one of the rich that can pay 20 bux for 12 peanuts lol
Smart move by the airlines. Less weight. Less complexity. Everytime I travel, I see people face stuck in their tablets/cellphone playing games or watching movies. Not much people actually use those screens.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20257 posts
4207 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 25th, 2014 7:17 am
Looks like I am in the longest good luck no-rain-disruption streak of my life because now, after going from October to now without one time having rain inconvenience me or alter my plans and I now confirm that the only rainy day left, which is today, the rain also won't arrive till afterwards so I will make it to Lima, Peru on this good luck streak. While we have gotten rain, it has been by chance (and overall lack of rainfall days in T-Dot) that I am going for so many months unaffected whenever I happen to want to go someplace. So all is good through my flight date. From there, I will be rewarded with a solid 7 months of dry weather bringing my total number of months without rain-related complications to 13 months!!!

As I said before, Manila will change all of this finally, but maybe still not until well into the following year because of the dry season coupled with El nino. So I am on my best weather streak ever sine rain ruining things is probably the thing I absolutely hate the most about the weather! So I am loving this good luck streak and most of it still is ahead of me!

I should add that ironically, the weather is getting worse, not better for May. After plenty of double digits, you guys are moving backwards and getting back into single digits and rain will plague you as you move into May. It makes no sense cuz it was supposed to be April doing this and May a big improvement. It is taking a reverse big time!
No complaints from me. The less hot weather this summer, the better for me.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Apr 25th, 2014 8:37 am
Smart move by the airlines. Less weight. Less complexity. Everytime I travel, I see people face stuck in their tablets/cellphone playing games or watching movies. Not much people actually use those screens.
O ok. Your right. The 'entertainment' they offer on these things are is anyways :lol:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Apr 25th, 2014 8:38 am
No complaints from me. The less hot weather this summer, the better for me.
I don't know how long this trend is gonna hold. They said that after a cold spring, things would reverse some time in May and get stormy and hot in time for the late part of spring. But we will have to see what happens.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15953 posts
617 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
I heard it was going to rain this late afternoon/evening, just took a random picture a few mins ago in my area before the rain, nothing special, also sorry, crappy cellphone quality pic: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WBT6pPG.jpg[/IMG]
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Apr 25th, 2014 2:50 pm
I heard it was going to rain this late afternoon/evening, just took a random picture a few mins ago in my area before the rain, nothing special, also sorry, crappy cellphone quality pic: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WBT6pPG.jpg[/IMG]
Hey. Why did you take a picture of the house of OP of this thread? :lol: me! This is the craziest coincidence ever. Of all places you happen to take picture, it is where my house is!

Launching investigation depart Peru, RFD user spies on OP of weather thread as he gets ready to leave to Peru. :razz:

My house is the one where you can vegely see 2 garbage bins near a railing up higher in front of that silver car on the right hand side. I'm outta there soon! Anyone wanna get a paper forecast, you must come pick it up before Tuesday ;)
blahhh