Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5494 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
@OP
are u going to go to Philippines straight from Peru?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2014 9:46 pm
test9251 are you going to be one of the thread's CEOs sitting in?
OP: clock countdown tic toc tic toc
You will leave this Tue right?
Yes I leave in just 2 days! It's so exciting! this must be the 2nd most significant moment of my life after me predicting that ice storm spot on in December :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2014 10:14 pm
@OP
are u going to go to Philippines straight from Peru?
Not exactly straight there, but basically yes. I return on the flight to Toronto and catch a new one from Toronto to Manila about a day after.

I really gotta be prepared for the heat though cuz Metro Manila has stifling heat with temps sitting at 27 as night time lows plus intense humidity so this is going to be crazy! I wonder of going to General Santos or Davao or Cebu would do me better. Manila has the worst of the hot weather (at night time) and this is going to be the biggest challenge I face when I am there. Everything else runs smoothly cuz I get along so well with Filipinos ;)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 12:54 am
what?
Lol. When I take off, the Weather Thread will need a replacement CEO. I mentioned this already so get your application cuz your needed to fill the position :lol:

You will take a 2 day GFS model interpretation crash course, a meteorologist anxiety exam (so you can handle taking the heat from users when your wrong predicting the weather lol) and you will receive a one year free membership with the weather control club where you can change the weather to whatever you want for a year :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Holy! now the GFS says it will be a whole week of crappy rainy and overcast weather for T-Dot from the day I move to Peru! It keeps looking worse and worse.

Sorry to be the bear of bad news, but this looks pretty depressing for sure what I see on the GFS. Also, almost to the middle of May is how far I see generally repeat rainy conditions so get ready for a rather crappy May.

EDIT: Phew! both the GFS and EURO have backed off on rainfall early Tuesday morning when I leave for the flight, meaning I amazingly continue my good weather streak, literally just until I am gone to the airport. Right after this is when the crappy stuff described above comes into effect ;)
:cry: sorry guys :cry:
Huh!!? I think I see another polar vortex in the GFS :-0 Get out your shovels, CG and winter tires.

Joking :razz: :cheesygri Here is my forecast to warm your soul :)
San Juan de Miraflores weather: today 23 sun, tomorrow 23 sun, day after that 23 sun, 17 days from now 23 sun ..........
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5494 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 6:26 am
Lol. When I take off, the Weather Thread will need a replacement CEO. I mentioned this already so get your application cuz your needed to fill the position :lol:

You will take a 2 day GFS model interpretation crash course, a meteorologist anxiety exam (so you can handle taking the heat from users when your wrong predicting the weather lol) and you will receive a one year free membership with the weather control club where you can change the weather to whatever you want for a year :)
no thanks. i can predict weird weather though, to entertain instead of informing. :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 11:39 am
no thanks. i can predict weird weather though, to entertain instead of informing. :D
Ok we can ask the mods to switch you to being OP and this summer while I'm in Peru, you can change the thread title to "EPIC POLAR VORTEX TO SHUT DOWN TORONTO WITH HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS ON CANADA DAY" lol People will scramble to find a snowmobile so they can make it to Canada day fireworks at the start of July!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Went walking from St George stn down to CN Tower rogers centre over to Union stn and then up to city hall. By the time I got there, the sun felt hot and I had to remove layers. I hate having to remove and put back on layers because when the sun comes I'm hot when it goes I'm freezing :| I hate that!

But at city hall, the Sikh party was pretty sick lol they were even giving out free Indian food and fruits at different stations. This was the best event I attended yet city hall because they were actually giving back to the community and distributing free lunches rather than charging money and making profits.

Then I continued walking all the way up to St Clair station. The conditions were perfect for this 4 hours of walking!
blahhh
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 4:21 pm
Went walking from St George stn down to CN Tower rogers centre over to Union stn and then up to city hall. By the time I got there, the sun felt hot and I had to remove layers. I hate having to remove and put back on layers because when the sun comes I'm hot when it goes I'm freezing :| I hate that!

But at city hall, the Sikh party was pretty sick lol they were even giving out free Indian food and fruits at different stations. This was the best event I attended yet city hall because they were actually giving back to the community and distributing free lunches rather than charging money and making profits.

Then I continued walking all the way up to St Clair station. The conditions were perfect for this 4 hours of walking!
It's part of our culture. Even at our worship place food is free whenever you want to come and eat.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
raps4lyfe wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 5:25 pm
It's part of our culture. Even at our worship place food is free whenever you want to come and eat.
How nice. No wonder i enjoyed it. I even took video of it :)

When I went to Caribbean events it was of course buy this buy that. But the above event was completely non-commercial in nature which I liked. This is the best kind of event. The others should follow them as example because ones like Caribana and taste of the danforth are all about money money money! The issue I have is I went dressed up in a traditional outfit to taste of the danforth and the money-minded selfish business man told me I had to remove it or pay thousands to be allowed to wear it there. It was interesting going to an event today with such a cultural difference right at city hall in Toronto, Canada! and where people could be totally open about their culture. I will show this to my friends in Peru when I get there :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 6:04 pm
^Nice! Op, hasta la vista, baby! :razz:
Lol it's hasta la vista in exactly 36 hours ;)

I gotta tell you, the timing couldn't be better. As soon as I leave, the weather stays really crappy EVERY SINGLE day!!! in T-Dot. I got awesome weather for walking today and my last day which is tomorrow, much the same. then the bad stuff just keeps comin as soon as I'm gone.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8284 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Apr 27th, 2014 4:21 pm

Taking in a few last minute sights of Toronto eh?

Will you miss Toronto?

RFD will miss you, especially because of this epic thread.

All the best in your travels and be sure to check in with us whenever you can.