Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Looks like you can keep away the tissue and tear drainage canals. Because the GFS says the warm spell will further continue into June. Other models also say the warm spell will last into June. This is a good sign. Keep watch for any possible changes though as that is still many day out.
Good to know! Thanks for working your meteorologist magic on the GFS.

Perhaps I missed it, but what happened to staying in Peru for 7 months, then Philippines to 7 months? Was it the pinays that you are so eager to see?
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
MadCow wrote: Good to know! Thanks for working your meteorologist magic on the GFS.

Perhaps I missed it, but what happened to staying in Peru for 7 months, then Philippines to 7 months? Was it the pinays that you are so eager to see?
OP is more unpredictable than the Canadian weather! lol :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MadCow wrote: Good to know! Thanks for working your meteorologist magic on the GFS.

Perhaps I missed it, but what happened to staying in Peru for 7 months, then Philippines to 7 months? Was it the pinays that you are so eager to see?
Ya I am good when it comes to using the GFS. There i no more powerful weather duo in the world than me and GFS. Alsways do so well predicting the weather ;)

Lol yes you know about my pull out of Peru :lol:

the truth is I had pinays chatting me up fro Cebu, Manila and Davao and not a single one in Peru. So I thought, forget this, I'm leaving Peru!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the weather absolutely sucks in Philippines and is what will make it a harder experience, but I have been asking about air conditioned rooms. I swear. People never stop talkin about the weather there. It is jus tlike in Canada the same habit. Yet theirs almost never changes. every day: "It is so hot!" "we got rain now!" But I will like it their. Much better than Peru.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
raps4lyfe wrote: OP is more unpredictable than the Canadian weather! lol :D
Lol yes. That is basically true. At least you know where the mercury on the thermometer will be in December, but you can't tell where I will be then! I can't make up my mind. I am on par with the weather in newfoundland. Don;t like the weather, wait 5 minutes. Don't like living in Peru, wait 5 weeks and I am living in Philipines :lol:
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Lol yes. That is basically true. At least you know where the mercury on the thermometer will be in December, but you can't tell where I will be then! I can't make up my mind. I am on par with the weather in newfoundland. Don;t like the weather, wait 5 minutes. Don't like living in Peru, wait 5 weeks and I am living in Philipines :lol:
You must be a Gemini then.

I'm jealous you can make these quick decisions about where to live. I'd love to do the same, or at least travel a bit.

But since my circumstances don't allow me to at the moment, I'll be focusing on what to do in this hot weather coming along.

- Long runs
- Long bike rides
- Long dog park visits
- Long days at the beach

I must make the most of this heat, since the winter left me a quadriplegic on my couch for most days.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MadCow wrote: You must be a Gemini then.

I'm jealous you can make these quick decisions about where to live. I'd love to do the same, or at least travel a bit.

But since my circumstances don't allow me to at the moment, I'll be focusing on what to do in this hot weather coming along.

- Long runs
- Long bike rides
- Long dog park visits
- Long days at the beach

I must make the most of this heat, since the winter left me a quadriplegic on my couch for most days.
You have plenty of good weathre now to end the couch potato times lol You are set to go through October I think since it should be warm even then.

And yes, being able to make such sudden choices of where I live is cool. The world is my playground instead of just T-Dot. But again, my choice of places don;t seem to match my preference for climate. I will be fighting the typhoons and heatwaves and floods just to be with pinays lol And if Caloocan city floods, a pinay will say she can't come to see me for the whole week because Manila is shut down by global warming lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: You have plenty of good weathre now to end the couch potato times lol You are set to go through October I think since it should be warm even then.

And yes, being able to make such sudden choices of where I live is cool. The world is my playground instead of just T-Dot. But again, my choice of places don;t seem to match my preference for climate. I will be fighting the typhoons and heatwaves and floods just to be with pinays lol And if Caloocan city floods, a pinay will say she can't come to see me for the whole week because Manila is shut down by global warming lol
Awesome! Now to figure out how to fill my minimal free time in my days all the way to October.

You'll be in the Philippines. Here a pinay, there a pinay, err'where a pinay, hey! I'm happy for you to be enjoying yourself like this. Everyone should have a similar opportunity to be in the places they want to be, doing the things they want to do. Life is GOOD.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MadCow wrote: Awesome! Now to figure out how to fill my minimal free time in my days all the way to October.

You'll be in the Philippines. Here a pinay, there a pinay, err'where a pinay, hey! I'm happy for you to be enjoying yourself like this. Everyone should have a similar opportunity to be in the places they want to be, doing the things they want to do. Life is GOOD.
Ya thanks . Yes. Life should be that cool for everyone. The culture, the food, the pinays lol A hint of monsoon. And a sprinkle of typhoon on top! What an adventurous life that will be! If I end up inside a typhoon I will post the video ;)

And fill those free days with something good. What I used to hate when I had less free time before was how the limited free days hardly had any luck with the weather I wanted landing on them. Weekends would be rain and you sit in class while it is sunny and 26. Grrrrrrr
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
bruizeman wrote: I don't know about this...

Sounds too hot.
Damn! they lowered the forecast for next week again! It went from 27 to 24 :|

I blame the disappearance of hot weather on your post ;) you jinxed it ;)

Time to check the GFs to see if there is hope it comes back :razz:

EDIT: :( hope is gone :(

EDIT: I know this is totally off topic, but is such a good thing! The phone cut when I was changing my flight because Quillabamba signal sucks and a storm cut off the signal. I found out I was undercharged by 200 BUX!!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome!
blahhh
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
40094 posts
6046 upvotes
King City
Bleh it was so nice earlier in the afternoon, now the thunder is rolling in :(
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20499 posts
4562 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Damn! they lowered the forecast for next week again! It went from 27 to 24 :|

I blame the disappearance of hot weather on your post ;) you jinxed it ;)

Time to check the GFs to see if there is hope it comes back :razz:

EDIT: :( hope is gone :(
Yes!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
40094 posts
6046 upvotes
King City
ice pellets
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: Yes!
Lol I bet you are happy now. A stupid low pressure system has just cut in the way of this. I swear. this has been happening non-stop since last fall!! Every single warm spell gets shaved down to nothing :( I don't wantt this to happen!

EDIT: Wooooooo hooooooo!!!!!!
[IMG]http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/p ... mp.new.gif[/IMG]
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Bleh it was so nice earlier in the afternoon, now the thunder is rolling in :(
Interesting how where I am living now, the weather gets progressively better as the day goes on. It is the reverse in T-Dot where it starts clearer, but often clouds up more in the afternoon.


Every day here starts damps cloudy and with the mountains shrouded in fog.

EDIT: test9251, if you are looking at this right now from Manila, please make sure to give a weather update from there. You are behind on your storm team weather tracking for Philippines and if you don't provide weather data for Manila, your eligibility for CEO of Official Weather Thread will be revoked :razz: If a typhoon rips the roof off of SM Megamall on EDSA, we wanna hear about it ;)
blahhh

Top