Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote: Storms iminent in TO
I saw the severe thunderstorm watch put out by Environment Canada. I will temporarily substitute the thread with this and put the low pressure system thing back later when this is done. thanks for your update :)

Alerts for: City of Toronto
Watches

7:35 PM EDT Sunday 27 July 2014
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

City of Toronto
Conditions will be favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms. Thunderstorms that develop may be capable of producing wind gusts to 100 km/h, hail 2 to 4 cm in diameter, and rainfall in the 50 to 75 mm range. There is also a low chance of a brief tornado.

By late this evening, the severe weather threat is expected to diminish, however showers and isolated thunderstorms, with associated heavy rain, may continue through the overnight hours in some areas.

Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. In Canada, lightning kills up to 10 people every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors.

Emergency Management Ontario recommends that you take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.

For more information:
http://www.emergencymanagementontario.c ... pared.html.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2226 posts
702 upvotes
Excellent, nice cool weather and the sound of rain to fall asleep to.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
Jesus summer is already half over. Kids go back to school in a month
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20428 posts
4384 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Winter is almost here. I can feel it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
raps4lyfe wrote: Winter is coming.
Something better is a comin' !!!!!

Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for:

City of Toronto
Updated or ended by 11:27 p.m. EDT.

At 8:30 PM EDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking several clusters of thunderstorms. The main threat with these thunderstorms is torrential rainfall giving in excess of 50 millimetres. Large hail and damaging winds may also accompany these thunderstorms.

Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Fast moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Avoid driving through water on roads. In Canada, lightning kills up to 10 people every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors.

Emergency Management Ontario recommends that you take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1115 posts
283 upvotes
London
Suppose to get sod put in this coming week..hope they can still do it then I won't have to water it.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
Whoa...crazy amount of rain in Ajax. Saw roads turning into ponds. Lightening blew out the electricity on the road lamps as I was driving. Freaked me out! Lightening was as severe as the rain. I am guessing there will be many basements that will be flooded.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
Just had a quick two second power cut.
Proud to be an Indian.