Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
Nov 22, 2012
661 posts
24 upvotes
NORTH YORK
sandikosh wrote: 13 degrees!!!! Has it ever felt this good this early in september? It feels good!!!
Temp. Banned

lmao..sandikosh banned. That's what you get for saying winter is good. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5600 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
Im not yet wearing jacket. Lets see until when...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: Im not yet wearing jacket. Lets see until when...
Coming soon: giving it up for CG! You won't wanna be without it thanks to some wonderful cold weather courtesy of sandikosh. But I also wanted to experience what a cold September is like because this is when I put up my Christmas tree and every September I had in Canada was too hot anyways :|
Temp. Banned

Lol I bet a mod that really hates winter did that lol They saw that sandikosh finally started getting all those requested weather things like unreasonable cold and thought "enough is enough, sorry, but we have to keep you out of RFD till winter is finally here so you don't freeze the whole RFD community via posts in the weather thread" lol

last year sandikosh ordered a polar vortex combo with one polar vortex, crippling ice storm, fries and soft drink and I approved the order without looking at the terms. I did not realize that sandikosh ordered a historic polar vortex that would freeze Pearson airport and ice storm to shut down Toronto until it was too late. When old man winter was already processing the order and it was 11 thousand dollar fee to cancel it :cry: the soft drink and fries never came but the polar vortex and ice storm did :cry:

UPDATE: I am assuming that it is known what effects to expect from the solar storm now. It will just be northern lights wherever the weather permits. It won't be a disaster this time. What will be a disaster is that those hoping to see the northern lights show in T-Dot will get clouds to cover it all up!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8880 posts
1542 upvotes
Toronto
test9251 wrote: I hate clouds in winter, dont ask why. :!:
Clouds in winter is what keeps in some of the heat making for less colder days.

Sure it's grey and depressing but although I like the sunny colder days if I'm in a car/indoors, I prefer the "warmer" cloudy days.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
gh05t wrote: Clouds in winter is what keeps in some of the heat making for less colder days.

Sure it's grey and depressing but although I like the sunny colder days if I'm in a car/indoors, I prefer the "warmer" cloudy days.
While clouds keep the heat in from the previous season, the more major cause for warmer is the science of low pressure systems. When it is very overcast in winter, this is associated with being close to the centre of a low pressure system or storm. Storms are formed by the meeting of warmer weather with colder so if you are at one, you are warmer because of the proximity to the warmer air mass. Some exceptions are when heavy cold Arctic high pressure systems get pulled onto the north side of winter storms and you can have overcast conditions with wind, minus 15 degree weather and a bad windchill in T-Dot. Not nice in winter at all!
blahhh
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
Its getting cold in the mornings. Looks like an early winter this year. Id be shocked if theres no snow come Halloween.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5600 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
gh05t wrote: Clouds in winter is what keeps in some of the heat making for less colder days.

really? i thought that when there are no clouds, the direct sunlight hitting the skin would feel great, just like couple of times today.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
It is not wonder people are feeling the chill lately there in Toronto. ALL days are forecast to start off in single digits in the coming forecast period of 7 days. So yes, it is now switched to cold already. Norms this time of year are double digits but all you are getting is single digits, some perhaps cold enough for frost in parts of the GTA.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Here is one reason why very very hot weather is BAD!

It is so hot here that the pineapple I bought just 9 hours ago in the Philippines market has already fermented!
I ate it
Now I am intoxicated off pineapple! If you like to be sober when you come in to work, then don't eat pineapple that has been sitting for 9 hours in this kind of heat. It will get you drunk!
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
430 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
Temp. Banned

Nah, she got banned for saying she was hoping for more destruction on TV during 9/11 on the 9/11/2001 thread. (wtf?) sandi's posts were getting edgy lately lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
TSDH wrote: Nah, she got banned for saying she was hoping for more destruction on TV during 9/11 on the 9/11/2001 thread. (wtf?) sandi's posts were getting edgy lately lol
We debated a long time ago if it was she. Someone said I was wrong about it lol. But anyways assuming it was she, I see nothing edgy about the posts except her weather preference lol If she gets those requests for year round minus 20, then every other person will be complaining about it cuz none else wants it!

How was northern lights pipol :) ?
Let me guess, it really stunk! :|
blahhh
Nov 17, 2014
705 posts
4 upvotes
Bramledesh
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: How was northern lights pipol :) ?

I see you're bastardizing and unlearning your English to keep up.

Didn't see none. Must be the light pollution.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
bandolera wrote: I see you're bastardizing and unlearning your English to keep up.

Didn't see none. Must be the light pollution.
Lol I was joking about the pipol thing and I am not surprised you missed the show. The weather did not permit. It was cloudy which worsened the obstruction caused by light pollution. It always ends in disappointment.
blahhh