Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12504 posts
2021 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
^
Yea, that's wed evening into thursday.. snow flurries.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12504 posts
2021 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: thanks for sharing this. These winds are remarkable! Ok I am not there to see this, but I don't think I have ever witness an observation of winds this strong!
Right now its 47km/h but they say the shoreline of lake erie, lake ontario is up to 80's and 90's.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12504 posts
2021 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
wal3145 wrote: No way! Are you serious?
Watching the weather network. But wed, thurs winds will be down by half like 20's.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
No it aint gonna happen lol. If it does it will be the end of the Toronto world before you know it :|

EDIT: I should have known I needed to quote wal3145 in the post cuz the rate the thread is going, 5 posts appeared past it before I could submit it lol
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8916 posts
2395 upvotes
London
I just spent 15 minutes pulling tree branches off of a country road, while the other idiots on the road were swerving around them and running them over. FFS people, use some effin common sense. At least the guy in the toughduck jacket helped.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
aznnorth wrote: Right now its 47km/h but they say the shoreline of lake erie, lake ontario is up to 80's and 90's.
What intrigued me was when I looked on EC and saw this!

Current Conditions Past 24 hours Radar Satellite
Wind:
SW 67 gust 98 km/h
Partly Cloudy
10°C
°C °F
Observed at:
Toronto Pearson Int'l Airport
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
630 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: No it aint gonna happen lol. If it does it will be the end of the Toronto world before you know it :|
What are you saying? No flurries on Wednesday to Thursday?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1480 posts
366 upvotes
Mississauga
It's funny seeing all the garbage bins zooming by on the street.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wal3145 wrote: What are you saying? No flurries on Wednesday to Thursday?
There is something coming, but nothing to cause snowmageddon and not the same epic wind storm to go with it like we got now. So no, it won't be the end of the world as we know it. Im sorry.

lol
blahhh
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12504 posts
2021 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Watching this Gary Archibald dude on WN. Damn, I recognize him from classes at U of T. Used to see him on campus all the time. I recall when he got into a fight or something and there were security guards. But watching him right now on the tele the gaydar is moving in the red zone, just sayin.. lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
630 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: There is something coming, but nothing to cause snowmageddon and not the same epic wind storm to go with it like we got now. So no, it won't be the end of the world as we know it. Im sorry.

lol
You folks got me excited for no reason. Twice today. First Black Finals sales that fooled me and now this.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Go figure, a twitter search for Toronto is dominated by weather related posts because of this storm. It is taking the city by storm pun intended :-0
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wal3145 wrote: you folks got me excited for no reason. Twice today. First black finals sales that fooled me and now this.
lmao
blahhh
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12504 posts
2021 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Wind has died down in north TO. Just went outside. Feels like half... before, the fences in the area were moving like 3-4 inches and they weigh like hundreds of pounds per piece. :-0