Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5500 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Dragon120 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 11:21 am
Hate to break up this bromance between you and test; but any updates on the weather for T.O.? Thank you J&F.
Cp24 says its going to be cloudy.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Latest GFS model shows almost zero precipitation for the next week or so. We have an extended dry spell starting. Except wet flurries likely for Tuesday. And that is the latest courtesy of the GFS model.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
gizmo8 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2014 10:09 am
Jane and Finch is right again environment Canada is predicting warmer than normal temps for Dec,Jan and Feb because of El Nino.I guess the 10 bags of salt I bought wont be used up like last year.
Ya so koool!

CFS model is now lookin' hawt! two hawt!!
[IMG]http://origin.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product ... NAsfcT.gif[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
4004 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Looking forward to our first major storm this week:P
because ur mom said so
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 10:12 am
@janefinch

Did you evacuate?

I guess storms like chasing you wherever you are. :razz:
I never actually eneded up going anywhere near a typhoon. I went right back to Davao, one of the 4 major cities in the Philippines that never get typhoons in any way shape or form: Davao, General Santos, Cagayan de Oro and Zamboanga. I suppose Angeles city metro area is considered free of typhoons too. They never have to deal with direct impact bu anywhere in Luzon such as Angeles city is prone to the heavy rain and flooding caused by typhoons after they downgrade but still pack a punch.
Simaahoy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2014 3:40 pm
Ya looks like you in eastern Ontario will get a snowstorm before Toronto really gets one. They still did not get a real snowstorm yet.

EDIT: Fillipeenz is still what I can first thing on front page of accuweather: ;)
[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LE-hY6vhjvc/V ... screen.png[/IMG]

EDIT: holy crap! the long range really does show A LOT of heat across the whole continent. The CFS model is on fire!
[IMG]http://origin.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product ... NAsfcT.gif[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4100 posts
911 upvotes
Sask.
jane, thought about you with all the news of the typhoon. Glad you weren't near.

Here, wow - we go from -40 windchill a week ago to probably going above zero tomorrow, and for the rest of the week. Just had a dose of freezing rain.
It's going to be crazy here, driving and all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5500 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Simaahoy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2014 3:40 pm
Thank God you are not in Toronto, i would have raged! :|
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
natalka wrote:
Dec 8th, 2014 7:20 pm
jane, thought about you with all the news of the typhoon. Glad you weren't near.

Here, wow - we go from -40 windchill a week ago to probably going above zero tomorrow, and for the rest of the week. Just had a dose of freezing rain.
It's going to be crazy here, driving and all.
Yes I was really thinking of going there though. Cuz it is amazing to actually go on scene to a typhoon in the Philippines that makes headlines around the world. To be able to report for RFD on something like this is really cool. At the rate we are going, there will be a supertyphoon every year in eastern Visayas for me to check out on scene and in real life ;)

lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
411 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
if this keeps up, we might get another early spring like we did in 2012. that was a good year.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2014 3:55 am
if this keeps up, we might get another early spring like we did in 2012. that was a good year.
This ALWAYS happens on the years that I am NOT in Canada :|

Then when I am actually there for a winter, it is brutally cold :|
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5500 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 9th, 2014 4:16 am
This ALWAYS happens on the years that I am NOT in Canada :|

Then when I am actually there for a winter, it is brutally cold :|
Thats why i am suggesting to you that you stay in philippines, we will get dull winter and you can spend more time with pinays.

Its a win win situation. :razz:
Nov 29, 2008
677 posts
71 upvotes
Markham
Be prepared! City is going into chaos mode again for the 5cm of snow tomorrow night.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2014 10:38 am
Thats why i am suggesting to you that you stay in philippines, we will get dull winter and you can spend more time with pinays.

Its a win win situation. :razz:
Yes I am staying in Philippines lol No reason to be anywhere else. I am miserable when I am not in the Philippines :| There are not enough pinays outside of it :|

lol

Also weathr in Davao is great. It is always sunny all day. Rain comes in the middle of the night and by morning all signs of clouds and rain are gone again. That is my kind of climate.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4100 posts
911 upvotes
Sask.
Well, we got to plus three today. People are stunned; bikini weather for us!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39467 posts
5836 upvotes
King City
OP what does your system say for snow on Thursday? Heard on the news that its gonna be 4cm to 10cm
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.