Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11450 posts
2433 upvotes
Montreal
Wet and white covered Christmas night. In the end, everyone has a lot of fun.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Just checked a fresh run of the GFS model. It looks like a lot of mild dry days coming up and this includes Dec 22. Then after this mild dry stuff comes the miserable mild and wet stuff to finish of the ruining of Christmas.

EDIT: in reference to the other thread, I think the big drop in interest in shopping for Christmas may be due in part to the big difference in weather this year. People are not put in the mood by this weather.
blahhh
Sep 11, 2014
640 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Just checked a fresh run of the GFS model. It looks like a lot of mild dry days coming up and this includes Dec 22. Then after this mild dry stuff comes the miserable mild and wet stuff to finish of the ruining of Christmas.

EDIT: in reference to the other thread, I think the big drop in interest in shopping for Christmas may be due in part to the big difference in weather this year. People are not put in the mood by this weather.
This is why snow is very important for Christmas. ilovephippines, you can make it happen! Make the rain turn to snow.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
SoulGal wrote: This is why snow is very important for Christmas. ilovephippines, you can make it happen! Make the rain turn to snow.
Ok I did it. Check Environment Canada I have successfully changed the rain to snow. Also after that I see the models have strong agreement for a big change to cold and I mean BIG change to cold! So you heard it here first!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24395 posts
1635 upvotes
Markham, ON
and here i thought a few weeks ago it was forecasted to be above normal warm Dec...

so far...it's been cold...and pretty wet. And now another storm approaching
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3491 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what your talking about December being cold. I only wore my winter jacket a few times. And i hope it stays that way to the rest of winter.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Yes if anyone thinks above freezing is cold, then they better just join me here in the Philippines because MINUS 20 IS COLD!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I am confirming my earlier forecast which is now appearing to be certain.
So get ready for mid week being quite wet. After that, I confirm a new pattern change is coming into effect. Winter will get going full force right after Christmas! I think Santa is dragging down the Arctic with him cuz the frigid cold is coming down same time as he is!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: ^
WT?? cold, where is the warmth you were talking about?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CP24's photoshop team is so professional that they can design their weather page with using only Paint. [IMG]http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pi ... -25x28.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0kUWpHt.png[/IMG]
Where is the warmth? It is right in the image you posted lol that is a continuation of the warmth we have been seeing. Note that after that, December is coming to a close and so this warm December stuff expires anyways. This is warm for December standards, but by no means Davao weather for T-Dot lol As we head to January, it gets cold again there. Very cold.

If it is not warm enough then get to the Philippines! ;) warm up to Jollibee ;) and Wham last Christmas played all the time :cry:
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11586 posts
1059 upvotes
Brampton
So it is going to be a green Christmas?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Warmth is when your ride the LRT train at 8am on Mondays. :D

Oh wait, you are not in Manila. :facepalm:

Maybe, warmth is when you ride a jeepney at 1pm in scorching heat.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: Warmth is when your ride the LRT train at 8am on Mondays. :D

Oh wait, you are not in Manila. :facepalm:

Maybe, warmth is when you ride a jeepney at 1pm in scorching heat.
Not anymore I dont live there no. But actually LRT should not be too hot. Afternoon is when it is hotter outside. But then again anytime is hot in Manila. LRT line 2 and the MRT are both high quality trains and never feel hot. I don't know why they can't just upgrade line one. Like in Toronto, line one is the most used one because it goes through downtown. The others are never crowded, and are better quality. I hope they replace those trains soon then when I move back to Manila it will never be hot on there.

And yes it is hot in jeepney when it is moving so slow there is no wind. I hate traffic here! But when it is moving fast it is fine, especially in davao which is not terribly hot.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cheapmeister wrote: So it is going to be a green Christmas?
yep!

Although there could be flurries. But they will surely melt on contact.
blahhh