Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11584 posts
1059 upvotes
Brampton
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: yep!

Although there could be flurries. But they will surely melt on contact.
Good! I've only experienced white Christmas here so having a green one will be new to me!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cheapmeister wrote: Good! I've only experienced white Christmas here so having a green one will be new to me!
Ok how odd cuz you are in the GTA and they often miss out on snow, especiially this early in the season. Green aint anything special though lol
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11584 posts
1059 upvotes
Brampton
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok how odd cuz you are in the GTA and they often miss out on snow, especiially this early in the season. Green aint anything special though lol
I only lived in the GTa a few years, but lived in a snowy region all my life.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cheapmeister wrote: I only lived in the GTa a few years, but lived in a snowy region all my life.
O ok. What was the city that had lots of snow?

I know Barrie where I grew up also had white Christmas ll the time so does Orangeville and Owen Sound.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11584 posts
1059 upvotes
Brampton
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: O ok. What was the city that had lots of snow?

I know Barrie where I grew up also had white Christmas ll the time so does Orangeville and Owen Sound.
I lived in the tri-cities, aka Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cheapmeister wrote: I lived in the tri-cities, aka Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge.
Yes that is near Orangeville so that is why there was snow often. It is higher elevation and in closer range of lake effect snow especially in December so it is hard to get a green Christmas there.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Braking NOOZ!
CFS model is resuming the warmth in the long range!!! Also the Atlantic as well as Arctic oscillation is no longer expected to be so negative as previously thought. This could lead to a lessening of the upcoming cold spell. I still have to confirm this new trend with at least 2 additoinal updates of the CFS model, Atlantic as well as Arctic oscillation forecasts. Plus the GFS. IF they show signs consistent with this new pattern shown in the CFS, then it is right back to spring for you all. I will keep you updated on this developing story ;)
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Braking NOOZ!
CFS model is resuming the warmth in the long range!!! Also the Atlantic as well as Arctic oscillation is no longer expected to be so negative as previously thought. This could lead to a lessening of the upcoming cold spell. I still have to confirm this new trend with at least 2 additoinal updates of the CFS model, Atlantic as well as Arctic oscillation forecasts. Plus the GFS. IF they show signs consistent with this new pattern shown in the CFS, then it is right back to spring for you all. I will keep you updated on this developing story ;)
WOOOHOOOOO!!!! [IMG]http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/4339/2.0[/IMG]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Ya I knew you were going to like that lol
I should warn you though, I still have to wait for those confirmation runs of each model as described above so I can ensure this forecast is correct.

Anyways I thought I also wanted to tell you I am seriously considering moving back to Manila sooner than later. Davao is getting rather lame lol. I never had issues with Manila. It is the best city for me. It is quite hot though so I can no long go without aircon if I move back there. I will see if Davao can be a bit less boring. If I move to Grass Residences Quezon city, I will never ever have a problem with the weather again because I am always connected with everything in covered areas and the LRT. Things get spoiled easily here just because of climate issues. 'i should also look into Binondo. If I live there I should be fine.

QC is da bomb!

EDIT: but iff I move to Sultan Kudarat, that might be even cooler. I will have some amazing photos to share if I am there. If I can find a cool muslim gf, I can stay there lol
Sultan Kudurat never gets typhoons. THAT is the only reason why it has nice beaches that Samar does not have. Samar's gets shreaded by typhoons every year.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]Alerts for: City of Toronto
Statements

10:18 PM EST Sunday 21 December 2014
Special weather statement in effect for:

City of Toronto

Some un-Christmas-like weather for the first few days of winter.

Sunday evening at 6:03 PM EST marked the official start of winter. But mother nature isn'T paying attention to the calendar.
Milder weather will settle into the region over the next few days. The exception will be Eastern Ontario on Monday where seasonal temperatures will persist.

Some rain is likely on Tuesday as a developing low pressure system over the American Midwest tracks towards the Great Lakes. Some freezing rain is possible in Eastern Ontario before milder conditions arrive there later Tuesday.

Mild, rainy weather is expected again on Christmas Eve with temperatures reaching the high single digits in many areas with some locales nudging into the low teens.

On Christmas Day, mother nature will offer a meager attempt at a white Christmas in many areas as the disturbance over the Great Lakes intensifies and heads into Northern Ontario. Cooler temperatures, strong winds and some flurries are likely although Don'T expect much if any accumulation for a white Christmas.

There has been considerable discrepancy in the weather model guidance for this holiday period. Environment Canada will continue to monitor this developing weather for the Christmas period and issue statements and any necessary warnings.

Please monitor the latest forecasts and warnings from Environment Canada at www.weatheroffice.gc.ca.[/QUOTE]

Looks like janeandfinch hacked into weather.gc.ca website and added that statement for pun.

--------------------------------------------

I would like to thank mother nature for providing us a dull winter. Hopefully, every winter will be dull.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: Looks like janeandfinch hacked into weather.gc.ca website and added that statement for pun.

--------------------------------------------

I would like to thank mother nature for providing us a dull winter. Hopefully, every winter will be dull.
Lol what in there suggests my kind of material?
I want to hack them soon, but I will wait till I go to Sultan Kudarat, Philippines so they can help me launch a full scale hack attack into all weather networks direct from Mindanao :razz:

EDIT: just an observation. Internet was FASTER in General Santos than Davao :| It should NOT be like that. Davao should have faster internet because it is a better city. I am going to complain directly to Davao city mayor that I can't get the GFS model cuz internet in his city sucks!
Fix it now or I am moving back to General Santos! Just so I can use the GFS model :|
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1520 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Last night I slept with the window open all night!

What a difference a year makes!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
We will experience deep freeze? Hopefully it is dry, no snow, no rain.
Jan 28, 2007
876 posts
68 upvotes
That's one alert from environment Canada that I would love seeing all winter lol.

Bring on the mild!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: We will experience deep freeze? Hopefully it is dry, no snow, no rain.
You are in luck. Well so far. The GFS shows little in the way of storms and precipitation along with the big cold.
blahhh