Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 3:34 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
redflagdeal101 wrote: I don't remember how I found this thread, probably by Google? Also, I remember some CBS reporters contacted you to ask for your permission to print the pictures you posted here, or something like that. Last year everyone stayed home because of the storm, or took refuge in relatives' houses, people checked this thread to find out which areas got power restored (read: this thread was helpful). I also remember people were comparing the storm with the Quebec 1998 one.
Yes and I was a bit late, but I was given the chance to get an interview. I would have been a good interviewee too. I would have boasted about the weather thread on TV ;) lol
Nice knowing I got you to come on this site thanks to the weather thread. You probably found it in a google search result cuz I have searched things and accidentally came up with my own thread too.

EDIT: I am guessing there must be a typhoon cuz it is windy in Davao at night time. Im gonna check if there is one.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4118 posts
920 upvotes
Sask.
So much for the above average temps here, we are back in the deepfreeze. Windchill is -25, looks like we'll be stuck with this for a few days.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Keeping my eye on the storm track. Their are hints there could be a very active storm track with snow directed at the GTA in the long term. I will need to see more runs of the GFS to confirm first.
blahhh
Aug 20, 2008
436 posts
208 upvotes
GTA
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Keeping my eye on the storm track. Their are hints there could be a very active storm track with snow directed at the GTA in the long term. I will need to see more runs of the GFS to confirm first.
What is considered the 'long term'?...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
freebies53 wrote: What is considered the 'long term'?...
That is any time past one week. So right now I am seeing between one week from now and 2 weeks from now is the time frame for storms to start off.

CFS model shows no signs of above normal precip yet, so I am not sticking to that forecast until more models show it other than the GFS.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Next Wednesday and Thursday both have double digit minus temps, good luck partying at Nathan Phillips Square. :razz:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: Next Wednesday and Thursday both have double digit minus temps, good luck partying at Nathan Phillips Square. :razz:
They will be in the midst of a cold spell with terrible cold in Toronto while it is dry and warm here. Nice and cool at night in Davao, but not minus 10!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
^
A storm starting next week is almost certain. but looks like snow, changing to rain, then back to snow. A lot can change so we will see. It could turn into an all out rain event or get supressed into a snow event.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18877 posts
3537 upvotes
GTA West
I was in Buffalo today and the car's external thermometer was reading 15 C. Amazing.

But I have to say, Christmas just isn't the same without snow. However you slice it, just be careful what your wish for!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3110 posts
485 upvotes
Murphy's Law being what it is, I predict that Toronto will get a snow storm during the night of Sunday, Jan. 4th.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
^
Caramba word is not in my dictionary. Please speak English. :lol:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: ^
Caramba word is not in my dictionary. Please speak English. :lol:
I speak spanish if I want :razz:

And for not wanting caramba word, I have deducted 50 suki points from you in the Philippines now you can't get a shopping spree at SM Megamall
You have to teach me something in Tagalog in order to earn back your Suki points!
lol
blahhh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)