Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 9:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5600 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
@janefinch

Did you got to witness this in davao? You were in davao right? :lol:

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40046 posts
6030 upvotes
King City
Posted on TWN:

[QUOTE]Summary
Freezing rain is expected to affect the regions as follows: Southern Lake Huron to Hamilton and Niagara : Freezing rain changing to rain late this afternoon. 1-2 mm ice accretion. Central Lake Huron to the Greater Toronto Area: Snow and ice pellets changing to freezing rain late this afternoon and to rain this evening. 1-3 mm ice accretion except trace over southern Toronto. Owen Sound to Barrie: Snow at times heavy changing to freezing rain early this evening and to rain late this evening. Near 10 cm of snow then 2-5 mm ice accretion.[/QUOTE]

OP how bad will the freezing rain be in terms of mm and especially in York Region?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
40046 posts
6030 upvotes
King City
Seems like Enviro Canada has issued a warning according to 680 News:

UPDATE: The city of Toronto has been included in a freezing rain warning issued by Environment Canada.
Proud to be an Indian.
8003 posts
3969 upvotes
Toronto
I went driving, not enough snow to have fun.

Fail weather, FAIL!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40046 posts
6030 upvotes
King City
Slushy and semi icy conditions up here in Northern RH and in Aurora. Roads are semi clean with slush and such. No issues driving. Although as usual there were dingbats driving 20 km/h under the posted speed limit of 70KM/H or 80KM/H roads. At times, I had to pass them and drive on the lane which was not clean at all.

Edit: UPDATE: Environment Canada has ended the freezing rain warning for the city of Toronto and parts of the GTA including Markham, Burlington, Richmond Hill, Brampton, Oakville, Mississauga and Vaughan.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: @janefinch

Did you got to witness this in davao? You were in davao right? :lol:

I should tell you that in the list of strict controls on Davao like no smoking in public, they have no fireworks policy also in place. You are not allowed to use fireworks in Davao. Not even the city is allowed! Every developed country in the world has them so I don't know why not here. But I am ok cuz I wanted to go to bed early enough so I did not get woken up by them cuz there were none ;)

But Tagum city had them so anyone that wanted to see them had to go over to Tagum or General Santos to enjoy those.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Simaahoy wrote: Lucky.
Not for long.

I just updated. Looks like a sure thing that it will get cold and stay cold and below normal. I see some conflicting info with all normal on NOAA maps while maps like CFS and GFS show the cold. this cold will be particularly harsh. Though nothing like the record we saw last year. Maybe things will still go back to normal by mid month. We will have to see.
blahhh