Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wal3145 wrote: You miss winter? I thought it was the cold that made you leave for warmer climates. But it is your love for christmas that makes you miss winter. Once you experience a white Christmas, there is no going back! I know folks that spent a Christmas here and they thought it was a "magical" feeling. Getting up in the morning, looking through the window, you see the ground blanketed with snow. To them and us, it looked like the world came to an understanding. An understanding that their should be peace on earth. That we shall all forget our petty differences, whatever they maybe, and live a joyful life.
Yes I do miss mostly the fun of last winter. But it is true I don't miss the polar vortex. Snow is great and Christmas day was great. I posted a video of the white Christmas AND the heavy snow falling on that day. It was the best white Christmas ever because it included snow coming down heavy Christmas morning. Something you most often are not lucky to get in Toronto for Christmas. But after Christmas, the cold loses its glory.
JACKIE26 wrote: Costco will have Christmas trees, decor and winter coats out by July, so you have less than 8 months to wait.
Yes I have a whole list! Micheal's, Costco and Hallmark all got it before September comes. Micheal's is the last of the 3 to start.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I think I have to go to Canada but there is one thing that is stopping me from realizing this and it is the weather I am monitoring right now. Very low temps coming up. This is the one obstacle preventing me from getting back into Canada. I think I have been far away for too much time but worry what will happen weather-wise to me. On a positive not, it is only about 2 months or a little more than that till winter ends. I think in 3 months I will be fully capable of being back in Canada. I need to get my career back on track, but that weather difficulty clearly is going to hold me back. I am ilequipped to deal with the weather there so I cant go now. I pray for an early spring.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40118 posts
6060 upvotes
King City
So cold this morning. Feels like -21 Deg C. Snow squall warning too.
Proud to be an Indian.
Aug 20, 2012
12519 posts
2026 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Accuweather says -26C windchill. So all those cheapie RFD'ers who didnt wanna get one of the following... so how you doin??? lolz.

-CG TEI 5 models
-Eddie Bauer peak XV
-Rab Bitura
-MH absolute zero
-arcteryx (plus 50 different layers, lol)
-feathered friends 800-850 down (any parka)
-OSC expedition model
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9775 posts
2451 upvotes
-21 is the high today in Edmonton, windchills in the -40 earlier this morning.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40118 posts
6060 upvotes
King City
aznnorth wrote: Accuweather says -26C windchill. So all those cheapie RFD'ers who didnt wanna get one of the following... so how you doin??? lolz.

-CG TEI 5 models
-Eddie Bauer peak XV
-Rab Bitura
-MH absolute zero
-OSC expedition model
I am managing fine with my North Face Gotham Parka.
Proud to be an Indian.
Aug 27, 2012
5600 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
Wow djemzine, we got same jacket, now make me a moderator.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19168 posts
6072 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
aznnorth wrote: Accuweather says -26C windchill. So all those cheapie RFD'ers who didnt wanna get one of the following... so how you doin??? lolz.

-CG TEI 5 models
-Eddie Bauer peak XV
-Rab Bitura
-MH absolute zero
-OSC expedition model
I did some yard work earlier in nothing more than a fleece and a hyllus hoody. It's really not that cold.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1850 posts
436 upvotes
Wish I could have avoided this brutal Siberian climate this year, rejected an overseas work offer becus of the congruous climate. No more will only seek offers in tropical semi tropical cities and fx fxxxx siberia hell.

That Damn Jane sitting his butt in 30 while we freeze our arses off. . .
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: Wow djemzine, we got same jacket, now make me a moderator.
Pssst that jacket is what got him to be mod. So lets all buy these jackets and we will soon all become mods :razz:

Can you ship me one to the Philippines? I promise I will wear it even in 32 degree weather :)
I will get in the jeepney wearing it and everyone will stare at me while I sweat to death.
BinaryJay wrote: I did some yard work earlier in nothing more than a fleece and a hyllus hoody. It's really not that cold.
You are right. Especially compared to last year, it is more modest cold I am seeing for there. The brutal core of cold is not digging down this time. It is just slipping by to the north. Minus teen temps is what you get at the worst for night time lows instead of minus 20s like last year. By around now, you had windchill warning after windchill warning last winter. This year if I am not mistaken, you are still getting none. and after this cold, it moderates again for January so you might not even get a windchill warning this year. Maybe just one at the worst.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3269 posts
912 upvotes
Edmonton
I dont know what you guys complain about, I work outside. And with windchill its been -30 to -40 and im pulling 12 hour shifts outside. Can't believe some of you guys are complaining cause it hit -20s
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8