Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1941 posts
284 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Yes your departure from here was 3 weeks too soon. What parts were you in?
I stay in Mindanao only. Manila has had some cold nights relatively speaking. Like plus 18, not minus 28 like Toronto lol

yeah some nights were chilly but still better than this.

Stayed in Manila, went to Palawan/El Nido then Cebu/Oslob then back to Manila.

short but sweet
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2068 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Weather network is forecasting record cold temperatures for the end of this week. I gotta say I am having winter fatigue now, especially after the miserable weather this weekend. I skipped grocery shopping so I wouldn't have to go out.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I hate the new version of RFD. I used to be logged in permanently, now every time I come back to the weather thread it says "redirect loop" if I try to see the last page and I notice each time I am logged out. So lame!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cns187 wrote: yeah some nights were chilly but still better than this.

Stayed in Manila, went to Palawan/El Nido then Cebu/Oslob then back to Manila.

short but sweet
My friend is from Oslo Norway. I think when he visits the Philippines he should just visit Oslob and nothing else so there is not much change from his home at Oslo lol

Course the weather between Oslo and Oslob is polar opposites lol

Every time I glance at the view count for this thread, it is jumped like one or two thousand views again. lol Seems to be the most viewed thread on the site. Go weather!!!!!!!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I was supposed to go near a city called Tandag but I did not go yet. So now there was another bus bombing there and I would have been killed had I been there cuz it was in the back of the bus where I always sit. Boy am I glad I did not go there yet. Or you would have needed to find a replacement CEO for the weather thread. If they ever bomb me in Mindanao, I nominate therollin as my next-of-weatherman to take over as CEO of theweather thread. He will receive a full takeover package including all you can byte GFS data to digest, a lifetime supply of McColdFronts and 500 coupons for strawberry flavoured DQPolarVortexes AND the opportunity to show off his GFS interpretation skills to the world ;)

lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
630 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I was supposed to go near a city called Tandag but I did not go yet. So now there was another bus bombing there and I would have been killed had I been there cuz it was in the back of the bus where I always sit. Boy am I glad I did not go there yet. Or you would have needed to find a replacement CEO for the weather thread. If they ever bomb me in Mindanao, I nominate therollin as my next-of-weatherman to take over as CEO of theweather thread. He will receive a full takeover package including all you can byte GFS data to digest, a lifetime supply of McColdFronts and 500 coupons for strawberry flavoured DQPolarVortexes AND the opportunity to show off his GFS interpretation skills to the world ;)

lol
Now we know why you are coming back to the Great North! You are running from the heat.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wal3145 wrote: Now we know why you are coming back to the Great North! You are running from the heat.
Ya and there is a HARD rainfall warning in effect for here: for shards of glass to rain down on us as they keep bombing stuff :|

SMog advisory in effect for Quezon Blvd in Davao. There are reports of an idling jeepney with terrible exhaust and a barbecue dude cooking chicken intestines both choking the place up with their emissions. The Weather Thread Squad (WTS) Has been called on scene to disable the BBQ and pop the tires of the jeepney to get them to flee and never come back. The smog advisory will be lifted once the jeepney and BBQ have been disabled and cleared out. The advisory may be upgrade to cover all of Davao as more engine exhuast comes out of the jeepney and the dudes BBQ is now getting out of control. Stay tuned with Philippines weather services for more.
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
355 upvotes
So OP you agree with Accuweather that the end of February will be warmer than average?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
LoveRFD wrote: So OP you agree with Accuweather that the end of February will be warmer than average?
That is hard to confirm so soon. Anything can change. But so far it does look warmer on the GFS. I have to wait and update more also using the CFS model which too shows warmer right now. I need to see those signs continue to confirm that forecast.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland
Yep, the Spring is going to be warmer. It's coming soon.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8564 posts
1443 upvotes
Toronto
gordholio wrote: Yep, the Spring is going to be warmer. It's coming soon.
I can't wait to say "Spring has Sprung" like Ziggy.

I might even do the Safety Dance :)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2068 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
OP my local TV weather news CHCH is forecasting a possible storm for Monday and Tuesday next week, how likely is that. Its supposed to hit us and continue and give Boston another good dump of snow.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: -20's starting thursday. So good!!!
Make up your mind. I thought you wanted warm weather. Now I cancelled the warm and put an order for extended period of polar vortex. The polar vortex is non-refundable (Mother nature put them on clearance to make room to stock up on heatwaves in his warehouse) so it's final. You have cold weather on the way. When the cold comes, everyone will blame you.

:lol:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: OP my local TV weather news CHCH is forecasting a possible storm for Monday and Tuesday next week, how likely is that. Its supposed to hit us and continue and give Boston another good dump of snow.
I see nothng at all for Monday and on Tuesday the main low pressure system is all the way down in South Carolina as of the latest GFS. So I don't know where they are getting this from.

EDIT Uhhhhh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel sick to my stomache.
I think it was from all the coconut water I drank yesterday straight from coconut palm, I think maybe a gallon and now excessive exposure to the heat and sun. Uhhhhh tropical world problems
:cry:

lol
blahhh