Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 6:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Tornado F2 wrote: They talk about "Global Warming" to distract us from realising that we're headed into a new Ice Age. We didn't even get a decent summer this year. Time to leave Canada for warmer climes, while we still can.
I already did. You can follow in my footsteps to the coconut palms. But never mind the bold, you can go whenever you want. As long as the planes don't all get frozen to the tarmac lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wal3145 wrote: That looks like Hell!
Hell for the snow, but well for you ;)
lol be glad the map is red and not blue or your face would be turning blue next.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
630 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Hell for the snow, but well for you ;)
lol be glad the map is red and not blue or your face would be turning blue next.
Yes, but when it is Hell, people sweat. Sweat does not smell nice.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wal3145 wrote: Yes, but when it is Hell, people sweat. Sweat does not smell nice.
Do't worry. Red on the map in March will be nothing more than pleasantly few degrees above freezing. I won't be shipping the weather from Davao to Toronto .... yet when I get sick of this though I will ship my 30s temperatures to you ;)

But I agree, hot is so damn annoying! It really is hell.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2077 posts
373 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Not only is it freezing, but we also had at least 10cms of snow dumped on us. Earlier driving home from work, the lake effect snow was causing whiteouts on part of the drive, so not fun. How many days until Spring?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Not only is it freezing, but we also had at least 10cms of snow dumped on us. Earlier driving home from work, the lake effect snow was causing whiteouts on part of the drive, so not fun. How many days until Spring?
Exactly one month left to go. Although meteorological spring starts as soon as next week ends.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1969 posts
302 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Exactly one month left to go. Although meteorological spring starts as soon as next week ends.
how much are the units @ Azure?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19168 posts
6072 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Last year was more extreme. We MIGHT have almost as many cold days as last year cuz more of the cold days landed in the heart of winter when they can nudge warning status. Last year the cold days were spread through different parts of the winter so some of it was when it was not cold enough for warnings. But last year was indeed colder than this year. More days well below normal than this year. We are just getting a random bout of extreme cold days. But we have not actually had polar vortex this year.
According to my enbridge bills where they compare usage and temperatures between this year and last this winter has been overall colder than the last, like 10-15% so.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19168 posts
6072 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
cardle wrote: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts ... rida/miami

I would love one of these warnings right now. Will be 17°C later on tomorrow.
LOL... wind chill of like -1C. "THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES."

Seriously? If it was -1C after wind chill outside right now I'd be out there in shorts hehe.
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
I thought the winter spared us this year, it just doesn't and is giving us these extreme cold days.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
moar snow this weekend? TWN says 5-10cm for Saturday :rolleyes:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cns187 wrote: how much are the units @ Azure?
I just scored one for 15000 pesos a month. That is 400 a month in Canadian. If you can escape the terrible weather in Canada and actually live here, DO IT!!! you can afford this no problem! Even low budget people can get into a cheaper unit in the same place and enjoy the amenities built to serve a large community of rich people which is amazing logistics cuz you are paying as a lower income, but accept the ammenities the richer mostly pay for essentially. Paris Hilton helped design things like the beach and the beach club. I can't find words to describe how thankful I get to live like this from now on.

So dish out 400 bucks a month and you can get rid of this crap :| ............
[IMG]http://london.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1. ... image.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1 ... /image.jpg[/IMG]

And trade it in for permanently living where you wake up everyt morning your homebase being this......
[IMG]http://condomakati.org/images/azure-urb ... ies-02.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://ugc.travelmob.com/listings/tMgFB ... bd447d.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://andimanzano.com/wp-content/uploa ... x535_c.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously, eff the weather in the great white north. Live it up. It is all turquoise blue and light green here, not grey, brown and blinding white.
And it IS true that the weather looks like you see in the images. It is no trick or lie about the environment. It is sunny all day you need it and it tends to rain more in the evening due to different convection patterns in the local weather patterns when you would go in and chill in the Paris Beach club anyways. It gets very hot, but you will feel like a king or queen whatever your gender happens to be, as you get to enjoy the exhilarating feeling of walking into the quality aircondition the feeling we all know when coming in from the heat.
blahhh