Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: This is the last below freezing day for T-dot, warmup taking hold

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 8:35 am
Tags:
None
Sep 27, 2003
7766 posts
1304 upvotes
Newmarket
mkjr wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:39 pm
I form my views based on results. Not delivery. Polished delivery is for slick sales folks with opaque agendas. Kind of like weatherman on networks. :)
I've been down the road that the OP chooses to go down. It won't lead him far, especially in our oversensitive "butt-hurt" society that we get to embrace in 2017.
Its one thing to have positive results. But delivery can go a long way, especially if you want others to follow along.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
10894 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:37 pm
I thought you were leaving after your over-dramatic post the other day. What happened?
The online work thing did not go so well. And I found out citizenship there is even much harder than how it is given here.
Film crew at Santa's workshop are reminded of a flatulence-free working environment. It can be heard by millions of viewers, makes Santa faint, and ignition by camera may cause explosion sending reindeer flying in all directions. Thnx for your cooperaton.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6494 posts
873 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 6:17 pm
The online work thing did not go so well. And I found out citizenship there is even much harder than how it is given here.
Ok, so basically just some attention whoring before even researching moving to the Philippines.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
10894 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 6:19 pm
Ok, so basically just some attention whoring before even researching moving to the Philippines.
No negative. I thought it was able to happen but there is always something new to learn.

Now back to the weather.

It is damn cold even in this library.
Film crew at Santa's workshop are reminded of a flatulence-free working environment. It can be heard by millions of viewers, makes Santa faint, and ignition by camera may cause explosion sending reindeer flying in all directions. Thnx for your cooperaton.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
10894 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
When you are cold even with a sweater on, in the library, something is not right about their heating.
Mar 24, 2015
451 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It's been snowing all day here in Ottawa. When I woke up at 7 it was already snowing. Very windy and very cold too. Driving is a nightmare. My husband couldn't go up a slope an hour ago. Had to turn back and cars behind him did too. Glad I left work early.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15916 posts
733 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Shoveled twice (lost 1 shovel) and used the snow blower twice. Wonder if work will be closed again tomorrow :)
Jun 15, 2011
38320 posts
5511 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Coming down hard in northern RH.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Apr 8, 2013
6041 posts
147 upvotes
Gabriella wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 3:25 pm
Congrats ilovejaneandfinch. Disregard the haters in this thread. You're prediction is bang on in the majority of cases across the GTA.

I don't know what these meteorologists at Environment Canada and the Weather Network were thinking.
Ill explain why the weather people are "off" with their predictions.

JNF can afford to be completely honest with his weather predictions(and we appreciate it, Smiling Face With Sunglasses). They cant. They have to warn people if there is a chance of huge snowstorm. Why?. So people are aware, just in case it really is a madness out there. Thats why you usually hear the word "expecting" when they are making their snow predictions.

Same format during summertime. The words you will hear are: Heatwave, HUMID, Bring water, Make sure you are cool out there, Shade. They will repeat that over and over again, specially when its really really hot.

You can even see what they are wearing to see the proper attire for the day(applies to the majority). If you see the weathergirl wearing a toque, gloves, scarf and she is telling you to wear layers. Take her advice. Its going to be cold as hell.

The weather people adds a safety precaution.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18469 posts
1976 upvotes
Poormond Hill
webshark wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:11 am
Its too cold for March!!!!!!!
Ahhh, shaddup!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
10894 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:09 am
Ahhh, shaddup!
But it is lol.

But I must say, I warmup pretty fast just from a few minutes of running.

I also like how Eaton centre is open REALLY early AND with wifi. So I am enjoying it now. I can switch to library at 9 am.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1622 posts
58 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:09 am
Ahhh, shaddup!
lmao

Edit: Got damn, webshark is right! It really is god damn mf cold for Smarch!
Last edited by Dumbbelldore on Mar 15th, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 24, 2015
451 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
and still snowing. At least 25cm on my driveway, some patches more than that because of the wind. Cars getting stuck on the street.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5870 posts
540 upvotes
Greely
ckay1980 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:12 am
and still snowing. At least 25cm on my driveway, some patches more than that because of the wind. Cars getting stuck on the street.
Yesterday we left Niagara Falls at 2pm (it was a mess) and drove to Ottawa (which was worse)... got here at 9.

By far the worst driving conditions I've dealt with in my many years of driving. That 401 closure didn't help anything.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel