Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: My preliminary winter forecast, looking warm again in Ontario!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 11:49 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 9, 2017
24 posts
Mississauga
I love the current weather. Highs between 7-12 are fine for me. I wish winter could be like this.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3005 posts
414 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
OntarioRocks wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 2:19 am
I love the current weather. Highs between 7-12 are fine for me. I wish winter could be like this.
Whilst it is nice, we need a sub zero winter starting in November to balance things out again. The levels of pests that have been allowed to propagate because of back to back spring like winters is getting out of hand. I AM LOOKING AT YOU YELLOW JACKETS!!!! (stung 3 times this year)
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
willdacanucker wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:25 am
Whilst it is nice, we need a sub zero winter starting in November to balance things out again. The levels of pests that have been allowed to propagate because of back to back spring like winters is getting out of hand. I AM LOOKING AT YOU YELLOW JACKETS!!!! (stung 3 times this year)
Stung once this year in spring walking across the grass near the library at Mcowan and Steeles. Never happened since as I was awful careful to look at the ground any time I was on grass.

When I posted about the Eaton centre pest problem, asking about why on Earth is it so bad this year, it never occurred to me that it could be a result of not how things are now, but what happened (or did not happen) in winters past. Looks like that is the only explanation for the proliferation of pests in Toronto.

Everyone remember how I said about this pattern of warmer in the east and cold towards the west for the long range pattern this coming winter?
Looks like it is ALREADY showing up in the CFS model!

Notice how the next 2 weeks, the warmth kind of piles up along the lower lakes(where we are), St Lawrence river, and on southward, while the cold firmly controls the entire west:

Fast forward to the following 2 weeks and the pattern is still there, warm sits over us and the cold, weak or strong, sits over the west:

This is what I told you guys was coming. This pattern of warm in the east and cold in the west is indeed playing out. I predicted it and it looks like I am going to be bang on correct this year again.

I nailed the last one! Look at the video! I could do it again this year!
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3005 posts
414 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
BOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4729 posts
400 upvotes
Scarborough
bring the heat/warmth back to toronto!!
Go away stupid coldness, hate that cold thing

hope it stayssss warmmm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19078 posts
2660 upvotes
Poormond Hill
apnayloags wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:02 pm
bring the heat/warmth back to toronto!!
Go away stupid coldness, hate that cold thing

hope it stayssss warmmm
Op enjoys the cold. He cannot sleep when it is hot.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
2673 posts
182 upvotes
North Etobicoke
willdacanucker wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:25 am
Couldn't agree with you more. There were all over this summer. Had to remove my OTR microwave over because they built a nest between the back of the oven and wall where the vent is placed.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 4:32 pm
Op enjoys the cold. He cannot sleep when it is hot.
Yes today's weather is ideal for me.
What pisses me off is when people crank the heat way hotter than it needs to be.
Oct 9, 2017
24 posts
Mississauga
Anthony Farnell gave his forecast and he said warmer than normal but also above average snowfall.

I really hope for no snow.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:29 am
Anthony Farnell gave his forecast and he said warmer than normal but also above average snowfall.

I really hope for no snow.
Being someone who takes the TTC and does not have to shovel snow, I wouldn't mind the city filling up with snow a lot.
That said, I think snow may be average at the worst but not more than normal. There may be much time with no snow at all on the ground this winter.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19078 posts
2660 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch, it's great that you are coming around to enjoying the cold weather. Life is getting better.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:49 am
Ilovejaneandfinch, it's great that you are coming around to enjoying the cold weather. Life is getting better.
Lol yes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7337 posts
488 upvotes
I hope we do get snow, at least where we can ski, I want to ski this year
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
-7 with -17 chill factor. *waves Canadian flag*

All things considered, I hope Nenshi got the message and Calgary deals with the snow like this throughout the season.