Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: My preliminary winter forecast, looking warm again in Ontario!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 11:49 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 9, 2017
24 posts
Mississauga
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:19 am
Being someone who takes the TTC and does not have to shovel snow, I wouldn't mind the city filling up with snow a lot.
That said, I think snow may be average at the worst but not more than normal. There may be much time with no snow at all on the ground this winter.

I want below normal snowfall but I'm happy you are predicting not above average snowfall. I can even deal with the cold below normal temps but not a lot of snow.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 9:05 pm
I want below normal snowfall but I'm happy you are predicting not above average snowfall. I can even deal with the cold below normal temps but not a lot of snow.
I take it you hardly have to spend any time outside at all.
Depends on lifestyle I guess.
When you own a house and car, snow is the hassle. You spend minimal time fighting the cold weather.
When you are a rental tenant and take the ttc, snow is no longer a property issue nor your issue in transportation and the cold becomes the problem.
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 8:29 pm
Good news for us. more heat! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Damn CFS can't make up its mind though.
One of the weeks it inserted cold.
sandikosh is right though. I am enjoying the single digit cold as opposed to super warm teens. It keeps the temperature in my room down. And I am not bothered by walking outside in this temperature. In fact it is quite comfortable as long as I keep my hood on. More heat escapes through the head.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19078 posts
2660 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 5:24 am
Damn CFS can't make up its mind though.
One of the weeks it inserted cold.
sandikosh is right though. I am enjoying the single digit cold as opposed to super warm teens. It keeps the temperature in my room down. And I am not bothered by walking outside in this temperature. In fact it is quite comfortable as long as I keep my hood on. More heat escapes through the head.
That's more like it! Only a matter of time you realized how much you miss enjoy the wonders of winter provides.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Oct 9, 2017
24 posts
Mississauga
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 5:16 am
I take it you hardly have to spend any time outside at all.
Depends on lifestyle I guess.
When you own a house and car, snow is the hassle. You spend minimal time fighting the cold weather.
When you are a rental tenant and take the ttc, snow is no longer a property issue nor your issue in transportation and the cold becomes the problem.
I spend plenty of time outdoors, I walk to some places because I don't own a car. I only seldom drive my mom's car when she needs something or we have a very far away doc appt. I am a renter and don't own anything. My landlord requires driveway to be shovelled whether you have a car or not.

I also don't like the snow because my mom has already had a bad fall and I don't want it happening again. Plus either driving in the snow or taking public transportation in the snow sucks (at least for me). If I never had to leave my home I would be ok with snow.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:33 pm
I spend plenty of time outdoors, I walk to some places because I don't own a car. I only seldom drive my mom's car when she needs something or we have a very far away doc appt. I am a renter and don't own anything. My landlord requires driveway to be shovelled whether you have a car or not.

I also don't like the snow because my mom has already had a bad fall and I don't want it happening again. Plus either driving in the snow or taking public transportation in the snow sucks (at least for me). If I never had to leave my home I would be ok with snow.
Ok I do not like to shovel the driveway period. Enough reason for me to not like the snow. I guess cold aint so bad. At least you don't have to shovel it! lol
Oct 9, 2017
24 posts
Mississauga
Shovelling snow can be fun sometimes if its the light fluffy stuff but when it's the heavy stuff that's like ice, it sucks. lol.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:50 pm
Shovelling snow can be fun sometimes if its the light fluffy stuff but when it's the heavy stuff that's like ice, it sucks. lol.
Meh, I have never 'enjoyed' myself when shoveling lol
Raking leaves same. It is totally a chore for me.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19078 posts
2660 upvotes
Poormond Hill
OntarioRocks wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:50 pm
I see we have another winter lover here. This makes it at least 4 of us and op is just around the corner in becoming one. In order for snow to be light and fluffy, temps have to be around -20°! Glorious times I have rarely encountered the last few winters.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19078 posts
2660 upvotes
Poormond Hill
30seconds wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:56 pm
Snow is the only thing that makes the cold worth while!
How about those winter nights of cuddling? Don't tell me it isn't fun.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I guess it is fine that Sunday is when it will pour rain. I am not going anywhere anyways. So let it pour let it pour let it pour. O the weather outside is.....
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14540 posts
1095 upvotes
Toronto
When are we expecting the first snow fall? Need to think about swapping tires again.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:04 pm
When are we expecting the first snow fall? Need to think about swapping tires again.
Hard to say. Right now I will say not till Christmas holidays.