Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Rest of September now looking BLAZING HOT in the TDOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 11:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:45 pm
You can have some of mine!!!!!!

Summer finally arrived in Eastern Ontario last week.

Although we are still getting MORE than our share of rain, at least it is not grey & overcast every.single.day.

Finally get to see the sun, which also means the temperature has gone up from the low twenties (hovering around 70 F to now around 80 F).

This also means when it is not raining, we actually have Summer Evenings when we can sit out... Not in the teens or lower (60s or 50s)

But the bugs are bad... All that rain, and no hot spell to kill them off. Mosquitos in August, are not normal.

Rumor has it that we may see a HEAT WAVE later this month... Hard to believe, but it is truly welcome. Bring on the heat & humidity, so we can finally say that there was a Summer in Eastern Ontario in 2017
Heat wave? Sorry to hear it!

We've had more than enough heat here in the GTA for one summer already: days in the 30s in May (!!!), already 4 3- or 4-day stretches with temps in the 30s in June, July and August, only 2 days in the last 14 with highs below 28, a stretch of 23 days in July where the highs were 28 or above on all but 3 of those days...

Basically: ENOUGH @#$%^&*+ HEAT ALREADY!!! That's why a few of us in this thread have mentioned that we're hoping/praying/begging for "Autumn in August™"... and it can't come soon enough! :D

As for sitting out on a summer's eve, I figure comfortable temperatures would be nicer for doing so, say around 16-ish rather than muggy mid-20s, which are rather unpleasant when there's no breeze... and in summer in southern Ontario, any wind invariably disappears as soon as the sun sets. Confused Face
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2968 posts
402 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Looks like it is about to cool off. The EX is here and that is the end of summer. It is kind of bittersweet. School starts in 16 days. College football starts in exactly 2 weeks. It is dark by 9 pm now. So exciting. I love sweater and socks weather. Roll on fall!
Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25087 posts
5552 upvotes
GTHA
GTA: After a sunny weekend, rain returns Monday evening
Rain is expected to return on Monday evening after a fairly sunny weekend. Also on Monday - the much anticipated solar eclipse. Stella Acquisto has those details and your seven day forecast.

@Ilovejaneandfinch is MIA, he was last seen on May 25, 2017 9:44 AM EST
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18848 posts
2431 upvotes
Poormond Hill
willdacanucker wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 9:23 am
Looks like it is about to cool off. The EX is here and that is the end of summer. It is kind of bittersweet. School starts in 16 days. College football starts in exactly 2 weeks. It is dark by 9 pm now. So exciting. I love sweater and socks weather. Roll on fall!
No tears from me. It's been a long 4-5 months since we had enjoyable weather. Looking forward to what winter brings.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11229 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 1:38 am
GTA: After a sunny weekend, rain returns Monday evening
Rain is expected to return on Monday evening after a fairly sunny weekend. Also on Monday - the much anticipated solar eclipse. Stella Acquisto has those details and your seven day forecast.

@Ilovejaneandfinch is MIA, he was last seen on May 25, 2017 9:44 AM EST
I came back today just to inform that the weather will be perfect for the eclipse. There has been a last minute return back to the excellent conditions we had been awaiting. I will post my own photos of it today.
I am missing in action since the spring because, like other users, like simaahoy and redsanta, I have kinda moved away from the daily redflagdeals reading and posting sprees.
It seems like test9251 has been gone from off topic at least as long as me too. He used to love being in the weather thread.

btw, I had even more problems with the spiderz. One of the same species as before just came down from the ceiling in my ROOM this time! narrowly missing me!
Last edited by Ilovejaneandfinch on Aug 21st, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ok so kitchen is full of spideyz.
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
422 upvotes
I'm surprised people did not like this summer. Aside from the random heavy rains, the sunny weathers were perfect. Never too hot or cold IMO and I hate the heat and humidity.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4266 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
OP, how have you been doing? How long have you been away?
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 7:30 am
I came back today just to inform that the weather will be perfect for the eclipse. There has been a last minute return back to the excellent conditions we had been awaiting. I will post my own photos of it today.
I am missing in action since the spring because, like other users, like simaahoy and redsanta, I have kinda moved away from the daily redflagdeals reading and posting sprees.
It seems like test9251 has been gone from off topic at least as long as me too. He used to love being in the weather thread.

btw, I had even more problems with the spiderz. One of the same species as before just came down from the ceiling in my ROOM this time! narrowly missing me!
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
willdacanucker wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 9:23 am
sandikosh wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 6:56 am
No tears from me. It's been a long 4-5 months since we had enjoyable weather. Looking forward to what winter brings.
^ This! :D :D :D
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
speedyforme wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 7:32 am
I'm surprised people did not like this summer. Aside from the random heavy rains, the sunny weathers were perfect. Never too hot or cold IMO and I hate the heat and humidity.
Not in the GTA! While not as horrific/oppressive/unbearable as the past 2 or 3 summers, we've had plenty of unpleasant/nasty hot'n'humid... see post #18256, above. Smiling Face With Horns

Oh, and see today as well: already a humidex of 34 out there on its way to ~ 38 or so. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11229 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
h2o- wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 9:49 am
OP, how have you been doing? How long have you been away?
Im ok :)
I been gone since late spring. I don't check rfd so much like before. I am back in time for the eclipse. I will take good pics of the eclipse and post it here.

btw, it starts in exactly 2 1/2 hours and all sunny now. PERFECT! Conditions are perfect now from what I am seeing.
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
422 upvotes
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 10:22 am
Not in the GTA! While not as horrific/oppressive/unbearable as the past 2 or 3 summers, we've had plenty of unpleasant/nasty hot'n'humid... see post #18256, above. Smiling Face With Horns

Oh, and see today as well: already a humidex of 34 out there on its way to ~ 38 or so. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I'm in GTA. I haven't found it hot at all this summer.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
speedyforme wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 12:01 pm
I'm in GTA. I haven't found it hot at all this summer.
Chacun à son goût!

As mentioned above, July was essentially hot all month and there were plenty of hot days (over 28) the first half of August (9 of 15 days). The beginning of June was comfortable, but with the heat waves of the 10th - 12th and 16th - 18th, it was warm to hot for the rest of the month.

Another way of looking at it: from June 29 through August 15 (48 days), there were only 11 days where the highs were below 27... and 9 days with highs in the 30s.

So, as mentioned, less miserable than the past few summers, but still a lot of hot, humid days.

Thank goodness things are cooling off after today... where the humidex is now 36 and is forecast to stay over 30 until late tonight. Yechhh.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11229 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
Eclipse started here, but can't see it because it is not in an advanced stage yet.
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25087 posts
5552 upvotes
GTHA
Watch the eclipse from Vancouver again

Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18848 posts
2431 upvotes
Poormond Hill
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 12:57 pm
Chacun à son goût!

As mentioned above, July was essentially hot all month and there were plenty of hot days (over 28) the first half of August (9 of 15 days). The beginning of June was comfortable, but with the heat waves of the 10th - 12th and 16th - 18th, it was warm to hot for the rest of the month.

Another way of looking at it: from June 29 through August 15 (48 days), there were only 11 days where the highs were below 27... and 9 days with highs in the 30s.

So, as mentioned, less miserable than the past few summers, but still a lot of hot, humid days.

Thank goodness things are cooling off after today... where the humidex is now 36 and is forecast to stay over 30 until late tonight. Yechhh.
Those 9 days felt like you were in hell!!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)