Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Rest of September now looking BLAZING HOT in the TDOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 7:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16479 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sandikosh wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 1:00 pm
December 24 - 30. If the past is any indication, there may not be a white Christmas.
Already have that off. However, I've decided to redo the bathroom at my mom's house now so I guess it doesn't matter if reins or not so I can take my week vacation whenever.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
Wonderful! The month is now looking warm! We get warmth through most of the remainder of the month it seems. September will be really comfortable. We lost out on the warmth in May and even June, now it is here with us! It seems to be making up for losses earlier in the summer by making it warm now. Even better!
Ok so kitchen is full of spideyz.
Spiders are like, ew.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
What's with all these nasty fruit flies in the Eaton Centre, library, everywhere in Toronto this year. They are all over.
Yuck!

Anyone else notice this?
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2969 posts
404 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:06 am
What's with all these nasty fruit flies in the Eaton Centre, library, everywhere in Toronto this year. They are all over.
Yuck!

Anyone else notice this?
Yes. They do seem really bad this time. Also, the yellow jackets are REALLY REALLY aggressive this time of year. Just means cold weather is on the way. Already seeing geese flying around in formation.
Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
willdacanucker wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:21 am
Yes. They do seem really bad this time. Also, the yellow jackets are REALLY REALLY aggressive this time of year. Just means cold weather is on the way. Already seeing geese flying around in formation.
September looks warm so I don't think cold temperatures are a factor. I don;t know if weather is a factor at all for this.
Can't wait til they are gone.

In Scarborough, I noticed the bees are bad too. The field I walked across was just loaded with bees all the time. You can't walk there without looking at the ground to see how many bees are by your feet.
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:04 am
Wonderful! The month is now looking warm! We get warmth through most of the remainder of the month it seems. September will be really comfortable. We lost out on the warmth in May and even June, now it is here with us! It seems to be making up for losses earlier in the summer by making it warm now. Even better!
Umm... nope! Last week was pleasant September weather: super comfortable all day! :D

Now it's back to running central a/c all evening, every evening, to cool things down for sleeping. Grrr... Smiling Face With Horns

Your suggestion that "September will be really comfortable" is madness: in no universe is humidex in the 30s (the forecast for Thursday through next Monday) "comfortable"!

If that wasn't bad enough, the highs are forecast to be above normal until the 25th. Grrr... again... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

If we can't have "autumn in August", can we at least have it in September, rather than having to wait 'til the end of October... as it's been the past few years? Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
CenturyBreak wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:33 am
Umm... nope! Last week was pleasant September weather: super comfortable all day! :D

Now it's back to running central a/c all evening, every evening, to cool things down for sleeping. Grrr... Smiling Face With Horns

Your suggestion that "September will be really comfortable" is madness: in no universe is humidex in the 30s (the forecast for Thursday through next Monday) "comfortable"!

If that wasn't bad enough, the highs are forecast to be above normal until the 25th. Grrr... again... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

If we can't have "autumn in August", can we at least have it in September, rather than having to wait 'til the end of October... as it's been the past few years? Face With Tears Of Joy
Golalb wamring.
lol
This is September in CANADA. Lol no way it is too hawt.
Love it!
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:16 am

This is September in CANADA.
Which should be ~ 17, not humidex in the 30s. Smiling Face With Horns

If ya gotta run the central air to sleep at night in September, it ain't you... it's Mother Nature f-ing up big-time! Face Screaming In Fear
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
CenturyBreak wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:37 pm
Which should be ~ 17, not humidex in the 30s. Smiling Face With Horns

If ya gotta run the central air to sleep at night in September, it ain't you... it's Mother Nature f-ing up big-time! Face Screaming In Fear
I agree. Upstairs does seem to get too hot. And I could not really feel the AC. It was killer.
Spiders are like, ew.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
Sorry sandikosh and centurybreak.
September is literally an INFERNO in the GFS right now LOL

My official forecast for rest of September. Hot, temps into the 30s possible at times as well. Even if we barely strike 30, it will hang close to it and feel darn hot for this time of year. humidity will add to the heat this September. Extension to summer anyone?
A summer, nearly lost since June, reemerges with full fury just as it is supposed to become fall.
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
Sorry sandikosh and centurybreak.
September is literally an INFERNO in the GFS right now LOL

My official forecast for rest of September. Hot, temps into the 30s possible at times as well. Even if we barely strike 30, it will hang close to it and feel darn hot for this time of year. humidity will add to the heat this September. Extension to summer anyone?
A summer, nearly lost since June, reemerges with full fury just as it is supposed to become fall.
I have to correct you on the highlighted part above.

As posted a couple of times recently, summer was pretty hot starting at the end of June!

Here's what I wrote on Eclipse Day (Aug 21), referring to an earlier post, #18256:
As mentioned above, July was essentially hot all month and there were plenty of hot days (over 28) the first half of August (9 of 15 days). The beginning of June was comfortable, but with the heat waves of the 10th - 12th and 16th - 18th, it was warm to hot for the rest of the month.

Another way of looking at it: from June 29 through August 15 (48 days), there were only 11 days where the highs were below 27... and 9 days with highs in the 30s.

So, as mentioned, less miserable than the past few summers, but still a lot of hot, humid days.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
CenturyBreak wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:01 am
I have to correct you on the highlighted part above.

As posted a couple of times recently, summer was pretty hot starting at the end of June!

Here's what I wrote on Eclipse Day (Aug 21), referring to an earlier post, #18256:
One noteworthy thing was the absence of normal temps going towards the mid 30s. 33, 34 are typical features of summer. But since Summer started, we did not reach 32, 33, much less get our 34 degrees either. We got a 33 when it was still spring. That had since seized. Most people thought it was a lack of summer evident. They were right. It is summer so it will get hot, one way or the other, but the biggest heat has been gone since late spring for some reason.

Also noticeable is how we used to be overly wet, enough to make the ground fully saturated (I could barely do my exercise in the morning in the grass at the park, too much water!) and it has since gotten dry in August.

time to check for the Christmas stuff in the Bay starting this weekend! See if they are making progress!
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:21 am
One noteworthy thing was the absence of normal temps going towards the mid 30s. 33, 34 are typical features of summer. But since Summer started, we did not reach 32, 33, much less get our 34 degrees either. We got a 33 when it was still spring. That had since seized. Most people thought it was a lack of summer evident. They were right. It is summer so it will get hot, one way or the other, but the biggest heat has been gone since late spring for some reason.

Also noticeable is how we used to be overly wet, enough to make the ground fully saturated (I could barely do my exercise in the morning in the grass at the park, too much water!) and it has since gotten dry in August.

time to check for the Christmas stuff in the Bay starting this weekend! See if they are making progress!
August was much drier, and not as hot: only 4 days in the 30s... but still 14 of 31 days with highs of 27 and above... so still a lot of hot!

You're also right that we haven't had as many extremely hot days this summer compared to the past few years... but that's what I've already written several times. ;) The past few summers, we've had at least one day hitting 38 (before adding the humidex) and stretches of several days in the mid-30s.

You're also right that the hottest day this year was still in spring: June 12 at 33, following 31 on the 10th and 32 on the 11th. On the other hand, July 30 - Aug 3 was no picnic either: 31, 32, 32, 31... and Aug 19 - 22 with overnight lows still in the mid 20s and highs of 29 - 30 was pretty miserable as well! Angry Face
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11232 posts
132 upvotes
scarobough
CenturyBreak wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:44 am
On the other hand, July 30 - Aug 3 was no picnic either: 31, 32, 32, 31... and Aug 19 - 22 with overnight lows still in the mid 20s and highs of 29 - 30 was pretty miserable as well! Angry Face
ahem, it was a picnic for me! lol

...and the gazillions of other people in Toronto that apreciate getting hot while we can since after all, the one reputation Canada has among American's is that it is "bloody cold"
I do have a complaint about the Eaton Centre. It is too too cold always there too!
Spiders are like, ew.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)