Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20111 posts
4071 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Limited as in a few days?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1086 posts
107 upvotes
Burlington
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 17th, 2016 9:03 am
Hopefully!!! :-0 The long range shows back to mid-20s by Tuesday and staying around the normal for this time of year (25) 'til Canada Day. Not as nice the weather earlier this week (windows open! No need to crank the central a/c!! :D ) but far better than miserable 30s...

Fingers crossed. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4022 posts
865 upvotes
Sask.
So, what's going on? You Easteners so very happy with your weather, or you are on vacation?

I'm pleased that this will be the last of several very hot and humid days; it's gross.
Looking forward to rain tonight and tomorrow, and temps back in the teens.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23985 posts
1305 upvotes
Markham, ON
natalka wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 11:08 am
So, what's going on? You Easteners so very happy with your weather, or you are on vacation?

I'm pleased that this will be the last of several very hot and humid days; it's gross.
Looking forward to rain tonight and tomorrow, and temps back in the teens.
...hate to say it...im looking for rain...too expensive to water the lawn...
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland
Funny how it gets hot in the summer. Seems to happen every year. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 17th, 2016 9:03 am
Ooops I missed this.

Well limited heat overall would mean limited in terms of both severity and number of days. We have a few hawt days ahead but then back to cooler and the hawt we will get wont be so strong.

Also La nina seems to be cranking back up again. I see the cold water zone exploding in size in the equatorial pacific.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 11:13 am
I always thought we needed a separate water line for water that is used for things like this. The city goes through all this filtration and millions of gallons only just get thrown back into the ground and other places where well treated water should not be lol
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20111 posts
4071 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 6:31 pm
I always thought we needed a separate water line for water that is used for things like this. The city goes through all this filtration and millions of gallons only just get thrown back into the ground and other places where well treated water should not be lol
I believe the cities should allow households to build an underground water tank to catch all the water from the melted snow for these purposes.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 25th, 2016 11:01 am
I believe the cities should allow households to build an underground water tank to catch all the water from the melted snow for these purposes.
Yeah we cannot continue forward like we do now. You'd think water conservation would be a priority.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1545 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
The grass everywhere is turning yellow. I'm a little worried for the greenery in this city and I can't be bothered to water the yard myself. lol...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Long range appears distinctively seasonal and nothing else. Nor hot nor cold, just right in the middle. Now a very exciting July. Canada day wont be hot.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2049 posts
323 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 11:13 am
Just run a hose to your neighbours house and water in the middle of the night. :lol: :razz:
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2049 posts
323 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
OP you have been following my request. Hot weekends and cooler during the week, just make sure its open window weather and not AC weather starting Monday, I am sure I have spent a fortune this weekend on electricity, AC has been on non-stop. I need a cool down during the week to recover some cash.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7228 posts
2563 upvotes
Am I the only one who hates this weather? Can't stand the extreme heat we've been getting.....then we get cold front.....then back to extreme heat.