Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1086 posts
107 upvotes
Burlington
geokilla wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 9:30 am
What? We got so much rain this month. The grass and ground has been pretty much wet 24/7 this month. It's never been completely dry.
Again, nope.

I've been keeping track. We had off-and-on showers on the 4th, 5th & 6th and then bone-dry (and mostly HOT) 'til this past weekend, when it didn't rain until Sunday (the 18th) here in the west GTA.

Mind you, since Sunday: rain Tuesday night, rain and thunderstorms yesterday, rain overnight, rain this morning... seems endless... but it's not. :D
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12576 posts
2088 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
CenturyBreak wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 10:51 am
Again, nope.

I've been keeping track. We had off-and-on showers on the 4th, 5th & 6th and then bone-dry (and mostly HOT) 'til this past weekend, when it didn't rain until Sunday (the 18th) here in the west GTA.

Mind you, since Sunday: rain Tuesday night, rain and thunderstorms yesterday, rain overnight, rain this morning... seems endless... but it's not. :D
Must be an area thing.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1086 posts
107 upvotes
Burlington
geokilla wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 11:04 am
Must be an area thing.
Well, the rain this past weekend was very localized. As mentioned, it was forecast for everyone on Saturday, but mostly hit T.O., with only clouds out here and a sunny day for my family in Hamilton.

As for the warm/hot dry spell between the 6th and the 17th, that was pretty much all of southern Ontario... but 10 days does not a drought make. ;)

For that, we have to go back to 2011: 9 weeks without a drop of precipitation between the beginning of June and the August Civic Holiday weekend. Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3994 posts
219 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I heard that rain is on the forecast for much of next week. I hope it rains on Canada day, so I don't have to go outside.
because ur mom said so
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4022 posts
865 upvotes
Sask.
Was 26 today, windy, just about as warm as I would ever want it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20110 posts
4071 upvotes
Poormond Hill
We had it much better yesterday. For the next week it will be great! This summer is going to be awesome!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1086 posts
107 upvotes
Burlington
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 4:06 am
We had it much better yesterday. For the next week it will be great! This summer is going to be awesome!
Yep, it's been nearly perfect the last couple of days... if you exclude the multiple thunderstorms! Astonished Face

Sadly, though, the comfortable trend is coming to an end...

And seasonal (26) for the week following. :(

Ah well... at least 26 is better than 36! Small mercies and all that... ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17086 posts
1583 upvotes
Space for rent
Did you guys see pictures of stuff melting in Arizona? It was as high as 130f there. That's like an oven hot. I cannot imagine how the waleather will be like in another 10 or 15 years. May be we will all experience global drought and nations will fight over water and crops.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
185 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 2:34 am
Did you guys see pictures of stuff melting in Arizona? It was as high as 130f there. That's like an oven hot. I cannot imagine how the waleather will be like in another 10 or 15 years. May be we will all experience global drought and nations will fight over water and crops.
There maybe be less of an enthusiasm to travel to places if the local climate gets too hot. Some countries will suffer more than others if they don't have their 10 to 15 years plan laid out.
Apr 20, 2015
295 posts
44 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Hey OP, what's the weather looking like for next weekend in Winnipeg? TIA
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3239 posts
495 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
O/P what is the weather going to be in Toronto for Canada Day?
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Sorry for my long absense. I have not been on the forum as often as before.
MrPsv1 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 10:14 am
Hey OP, what's the weather looking like for next weekend in Winnipeg? TIA

It looks like tomorrow you just narrowly miss a band of showers so very little rain. But it is so close that just a tiny shift can mean the difference between virtually none, and a soaker.
willdacanucker wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 1:18 pm
O/P what is the weather going to be in Toronto for Canada Day?
It does not look good. Will be raining and warm. The day will be wet, but I see the rain gone by about 6 pm so anything after 6 pm looks safe but before 6 not so good.
blahhh
Oct 16, 2008
909 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP, any forecast for the East Coast week of July 22 - 29? Going to Nova Scotia that week.

Thanks!