Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 7:31 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3221 posts
488 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:29 pm
I guess I will start sticking around more often then huh! The more I talk the more the weather heats up!
LOL
As someone that despises summer and especially despises summers filled with overwhelming levels of pests, you can bugger off! I also hate brutal cold but at least brutal cold kills off pests. We need it around a bit longer.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2700 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto

bullseye again.

and now more of the models seem to be in agreement
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1949 posts
332 upvotes
therollin wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:51 pm

bullseye again.

Am I reading this right...40-50cms in Southern Ontario??
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
1267 posts
484 upvotes
lol umm theres going to be rain with that snow too 40 cm? a fun weekend!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11577 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:51 pm

bullseye again.

Middle of the path yes, bullseye for snow amounts, not quite much like before. Toronto was right in a bullseye before in what appears like two feet for us. Now I see two bullseyes. One south of the SHWA centred on lake Ontario, and the other centred just east of London both containing about 2 feet again. We are in between where it is weaker, appearing as 40 cm instead of the earlier 60+. If we remain in the middle of the path, we will see if we recuperate the heaviest snow.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9147 posts
997 upvotes
I need good skiing conditions for Barrie ON for this Sunday please lol.
Oct 9, 2017
142 posts
Mississauga
Just what I needed. Shovelling 40cm of snow is going to take me days to dig out. Just great, super, awesome.

I don't believe in the warm up that is coming. I've been so traumatized by this winter that I'm just always expecting the worse. I pray for warmth and rain but I'm fully expecting snowstorm after snowstorm until mid April.

If I won the lotto max, I would seriously consider moving from Canada. The weather here, mainly winters and summers are brutal. One extreme to the other. Maybe I'd try living in Vancouver but that's about it. New Zealand or Ireland is more my weather.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11577 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:40 pm
Just what I needed. Shovelling 40cm of snow is going to take me days to dig out. Just great, super, awesome.
You may get an extra treat. A quarter of this might be some ice mixed in Face With Tears Of Joy
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9147 posts
997 upvotes
OntarioRocks wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:40 pm

I don't believe in the warm up that is coming. I've been so traumatized by this winter that I'm just always expecting the worse. I pray for warmth and rain but I'm fully expecting snowstorm after snowstorm until mid April.

If I won the lotto max, I would seriously consider moving from Canada. The weather here, mainly winters and summers are brutal. One extreme to the other. Maybe I'd try living in Vancouver but that's about it. New Zealand or Ireland is more my weather.
Condo living may make living with snow easier :) One reason I love my condo town home. Never have to shovel and it's always salted for me too.
Oct 9, 2017
142 posts
Mississauga
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:53 pm

You may get an extra treat. A quarter of this might be some ice mixed in Face With Tears Of Joy
Great. Now I have to waste a huge bag of salt so we don't slip and slide on top of everything. *insert miserable face emoji here*
speedyforme wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:00 pm
Condo living may make living with snow easier :) One reason I love my condo town home. Never have to shovel and it's always salted for me too.
Yeah my family and I used to live in a building and it's super convenient to have underground parking and all that. My family and I are renters and it sucks we have to shovel now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11577 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:19 pm
*insert miserable face emoji here*
Lol Why didn't you insert it then? You don't like the ones we have?
Face Screaming In Fear
I'll take it up with admin to get us better emojis lol
blahhh
Oct 9, 2017
142 posts
Mississauga
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:24 pm
Lol Why didn't you insert it then? You don't like the ones we have?
Face Screaming In Fear
I'll take it up with admin to get us better emojis lol
None of the emojis quite express my distaste for this winter, lmao.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11577 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:32 pm
None of the emojis quite express my distaste for this winter, lmao.
Whatsapp has good ones. Yes the ones here suck LOL
blahhh
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8485 upvotes
GTHA
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:54 am
^why no mention of the massive amount of snow on Friday I wonder
Rain expected, high impact storm on the way
It's going to be a soggy few days before a high impact storm system is expected, followed by snow towards the end of the week. Adam Stiles has your seven day forecast.

Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1534 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:23 pm
I've noticed that when idontlovejaneandfinchanymore was on sabbatical and not a peep from him, weather was doing great! We had snow that gave us a beautiful white Christmas, low temps that froze ponds that allow us to skate and light snow that made it effortlessly to shovel. But now that idontlovejaneandfinchanymore is back, the weather sucs!
I, like you, love the cold weather and thought that the past couple weeks of bitter cold in Toronto was amazingly fun! Funny thing is I also found that as soon as ilovejaneandfinch came back it started getting uncomfortably warm again.

I can't be the only one who thinks a warm winter in Canada is seriously wrong. Bring back the -20 and foot of snow!!!! bring it back! bring it back! bring it back!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)