Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 8:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 10:00 pm
I need to call up Food Basics tomorrow to see if they restocked with Sifto/Sifo 10KG salt for $2. Crappy Tire had the 20KG bag for $5.49 which is still expensive, as two 10KG bags work out to $4. People needed it on Saturday and so Crappy Tire made money lol off those unfortunate consumers :( .

Out of the 5 bags we bought for this weekend, we used 2. Still need more of course. Salt can run out pretty quickly if not rationing it lol.
So use some suggestions posted earlier in this thread :)
They said about table salt, I would steal the landlords table salt and mix it with water and pour it to make it get distributed well with no waste. I am sure you can do the same with yours if that suggestion is even valid. Good luck!
I am lucky our ice disappeared on its own btw
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 10:02 pm
Just broken branches.
That makes sense because up there, things are not old like they are down here. Some trees down here started falling apart just a few hours into the storm!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
161 upvotes
cy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 9:13 pm
Finch and mccowan restored!!!!!!
Not north of finch... I just picked up a days worth of wood from my dad's friend...

In 2011 I was in connuticut a day after hurricane Irene. Everyone had power because they hooked up generator to the power lines. It's it wasn't a massive generator it's a normal contractor grade.
Jun 15, 2011
39158 posts
5746 upvotes
King City
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 10:02 pm
I managed to chip some of it off by one if those pointy garden shovels.
Ah. Ya my neighbours decided to do it today and they gave up lol. Saying it was too hard to get rid off and such. Thing is if you postpone it, it does get harder to scrape off.
Two car garage with one car parked inside. Other space is occupied with junk.
That makes sense I guess, i.e. the other space being occupied with junk.
Just broken branches.
[/quote]

Hmm not bad. Same here. Although on Elgin Mills going West towards Bayview, you can see on the right side branches and even the trees having their bark peeled off.

Lucky you had power in your area though.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jun 15, 2011
39158 posts
5746 upvotes
King City
nano wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 10:06 pm
Not north of finch... I just picked up a days worth of wood from my dad's friend...

In 2011 I was in connuticut a day after hurricane Irene. Everyone had power because they hooked up generator to the power lines. It's it wasn't a massive generator it's a normal contractor grade.
Edited :) - Connecticut.
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I wonder why someone right at Jones and Danforth lost their power, yet for me, surrounded by utter destruction of trees and branches further down Jones, The power remains. But the neighbors wires are down exposed AND working. So it is a bit of a hazard.
blahhh
Jun 15, 2011
39158 posts
5746 upvotes
King City
therollin wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 10:14 pm
3-7 cm snow wed night
Waiting for OP's analysis for this lol. That's not bad. Whip out the snow blower if need be.
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
therollin wrote:
3-7 cm snow wed night
A tad bit late for Christmas. But it's ok because at least we already got enough for a white Christmas.
What is coming is called an Alberta clipper. Snowbelts will get more than us.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1322 posts
115 upvotes
If I slip on someone's sidewalk can I sue?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2005
1593 posts
50 upvotes
I was without power, at M9C, for about 75 minutes just now.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12683 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Still waiting for electricity at the Don Mills/404 and Steeles area. Funny how north of Steeles has power, yet south of Steeles doesn't.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote:
Waiting for OP's analysis for this lol. That's not bad. Whip out the snow blower if need be.
Just alalyzed that lol. And as I said snowbelts better. Anyone living east of a big lake, such as in muskoka or upstate ny, you can whip out the snowblower, but not here. Alberta clippers seldom grow big enough for that.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5389 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 6:02 pm
Ok good luck :) put a smile on :)
It's Christmas!
no luck. im at scarb town cntr right now charging and using free wifi. will go home late!
Jun 15, 2011
39158 posts
5746 upvotes
King City
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2013 10:17 pm
Just alalyzed that lol. And as I said snowbelts better. Anyone living east of a big lake, such as in muskoka or upstate ny, you can whip out the snowblower, but not here. Alberta clippers seldom grow big enough for that.
How about by Lake Wilcox area?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)