Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
kiasu wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 2:19 pm
u have the link? cant find it
Link to what? The stuff I just posted from twitter?

if it is that, then you just look at these 2 searches. One is "Major mac" and the other is "major mackenzie"

https://twitter.com/search?q=major%20ma ... f=realtime
https://twitter.com/search?q=major%20ma ... f=realtime

don't forget to click "view conversation" to see the rest of what is there.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10351 posts
1265 upvotes
got it..thx...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
kiasu wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 2:23 pm
got it..thx...
your welcome.

I wonder if it is another transformer blown from damage done a while ago in the storm :confused:
blahhh
Jun 15, 2011
39091 posts
5725 upvotes
King City
Someone on FB commented:

[QUOTE]We have an outage in Markham in the Woodbine Ave, Major Mac Dr, Elgin Mills, Warden Ave & 19th Ave area[/QUOTE]
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Sep 19, 2006
6446 posts
1778 upvotes
Toronto
yeap.. power down in certain parts of markham... already seeing my friends talking about it on whatsapp...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I wonder what is causing all of this. Almost makes me start to wonder if the region has become more fragile with any return of winter weather. If this is indeed what's happening, then the storm I am watching out for on Monday could be a true disaster because a huge wind and snow storm would push our infrastructure and city to the limits and with all these easy power outages happening after the ice storm, our city may do very poorly in that storm that may be coming next week. A major storm as depicted in the models for next week is the last thing you want to have in a city that is perhaps weakened in terms of infrastructure and experiencing these complications from the ice storm.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17082 posts
1583 upvotes
Space for rent
Pete_Coach wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 8:38 am
So, where the H are those Global Warming mouthpieces, Al Gore and David Suzuki? Most likely in the Caribbean or some other warm sunny place LOL.
Come spend some time up in Canada in the Winter.
global =/= Canada

global warming = cold and some other nasty bits.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17082 posts
1583 upvotes
Space for rent
Power restored and power out again?
Pochacco wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 3:15 pm
yeap.. power down in certain parts of markham... already seeing my friends talking about it on whatsapp...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 3:44 pm
Power restored and power out again?
I knew this thread was going to get merged with the weather thread lol

I better check to see what it says on twitter about the outage. I provided links to twitter for it. Let's hope they move faster on this cause it's not like the storm was yesterday. It is freezing outside so that sure doesn't help. I wonder if my friends lost power. They would shiver in this kind of cold!!!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
971 upvotes
Niagara Falls
OrangeBerry wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 5:08 am
And there's 200+ page thread about the power outage, so what? Not stopping the other threads regarding the same issue from getting merged so why you gotta stir the pot.
That IS the weather thread. Please use it in the future for weather related talk....Threads are now merged.
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
971 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 3:51 pm
I knew this thread was going to get merged with the weather thread lol
So why did you bother posting the exact same thing in both threads? :facepalm: That makes the thread an even bigger mess once its merged. ;)
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
CSK'sMom wrote:
Dec 31st, 2013 3:53 pm
So why did you bother posting the exact same thing in both threads? :facepalm: That makes the thread an even bigger mess once its merged. ;)
Oops lol next time there are other weather threads posted I won't post my weather data in them to add to the mess because that makes no sense since they will end up getting merged :)

A quick update about the EURO forecast model. It now has the storm further to the west again and has the idea of the storm all over the place for Monday. I am far from being sure what is going to happen with that storm. But it still has what looks to be blizzard like conditions Monday morning with snowfall and very high winds. So I am keeping watch for more runs of that forecast model to come out. I want something epic to hit us again! :razz:
blahhh
Jun 15, 2011
39091 posts
5725 upvotes
King City
Yikes! -26 on Friday. Glad the car is parked inside.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Oct 9, 2012
2701 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
+20° – Greeks put on sweaters (if they can find them).
+15° – Hawaiians turn on the heaters (if they have them).

+10° – Americans shake, Russians are planting cucumbers.
+5° – You can see your own breathing. Italian cars don’t start. Norwegians take a bath. Russians drive with lowered windows.
0° – Water freezes in America , in Russia it thickens.
-5° – French cars don’t start.
-10° – You’re planning a vacation to Australia .
-15° – Your cat insists to sleep in your bed. Norwegians put on sweaters.
-18° – New York landlords turn on the heaters. Russians make their last seasonal picnic.
-20° – American cars don’t start. People in Alaska start wearing long-sleeves.
-25° – German cars don’t start. Hawaiians are dead.
-30° – Politicians start talking about homeless people. Your cat prefers to sleep in your pajamas.
-35° – Too cold to think. Japanese cars don’t start.
-40° – You’re planning a 2-week hot tub bath. Swedish cars don’t start.
-42° – Transportation stops in Europe . Russians eat ice cream on the street.
-45° – All Greeks are dead. Politicians really start doing something for the homeless.
-50° – Your eyelids start sticking when you blink. In Alaska , people close the window in the bathroom.
-60° – White bears start moving south.
-70° – Hell freezes.
-73° – Finnish special services evacuate Santa Claus from Lapland . Russians wear earmuff hats.
-80° – Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.
-114° – Ethyl alcohol is freezing. Russians are unhappy.
-273° – Absolute zero, atomic movement stops. Russians wear boots.
-295° – 90% of the planet is dead. Russian soccer team becomes the world champion

Cheers!

In Soviet Russia, Weather predicts You!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)