Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 8:39 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5382 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 2:17 pm
Thanks. I must do that or simply accept a life withdrawn from dependence on computer use for entertainment. I have gotten real sick of this. IT won't bug me when I am in Peru and Philippines because I will be entertained enough to forget about computers :) Every time I do the update the notice says to do, I end up with no improvement.
use firefox.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2051 posts
344 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 7:32 pm
Would!d be awesome if this was a record setting g year. Snow in July, anyone e?
At the rate we are going, this wouldn't surprise me at this point. Annoy me yes, surprise me NO!
Jun 15, 2011
39141 posts
5745 upvotes
King City
I hope my car is back to normal tomorrow. It doesn't like the cold at all. Wheel balancing issue, gearbox/transmission fluid cold/thick, weird noises lol.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 9:06 pm
use firefox.
Opera seems to actually be working it appears. I think it is a browser popular in Russia.
oneseasonleft wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 9:31 pm
not unusual about the weather here in Gatineau
That's too bad. I'll special order one Polar Vore-Tex complete with high winds and one whole weeks supply of snow, absolutely free!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1832 posts
302 upvotes
Burlington
JACKIE26 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 6:48 pm
Was anyone else ready to fling a giant string of expletives this morning because of traffic. It took me 4hrs to drive from Hamilton to the airport, there were problems on the 403 and then the QEW was shut down and diverted to Eastport drive. Once I got out of that nightmare OMG the 401 what another drive from hell, transport trucks that were just spinning their wheels

The trucks today caused pretty much all of the chaos 4 trucks crashed on the 403 I heard about more doing the same on the 401, then there were stalled trucks all over blocking lanes, then they were the ones that couldn't make it up highway ramps, the icing on the cake (this one from the looks was the car drivers fault), 401 collectors towards the 427 looked like an older smaller VW Golf maybe, I didn't care I was so fed up with traffic some lady manged to get her car partially run over on the drivers side by the car looks like she cut the truck off or was probably yapping on the phone and not paying attention, she was fine but hopefully learned to pay attention she was lucky she didn't get killed.

My bony butt was killing me from sitting so long in the car. LOL :razz:
401 was terrible this morning, I took it from Mississauga to Toronto. I almost had muscle cramps when I eventually came down
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
To end off the day, I had to change the new weather thread status to this because of unfortunate signs I am seeing in forecast models. I am pretty have certainly that actual typical winter conditions will hold through this month, something that should never happen in a month like march, but looks to happen now. CFS, GFS and EURO models show nothing but this. NOAA is the same. Only thing that appears to be increasing again is the precipitation. Although we are supposed to be back to rain-snow mixes by now, expect typical winter snowfall to keep on coming the whole rest of the month.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3995 posts
219 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
501 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 5:17 pm
:cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
because ur mom said so
Banned
Oct 30, 2013
757 posts
49 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 7:32 pm
Would!d be awesome if this was a record setting g year. Snow in July, anyone e?
Better not
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3995 posts
219 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 9:59 pm
To end off the day, I had to change the new weather thread status to this because of unfortunate signs I am seeing in forecast models. I am pretty have certainly that actual typical winter conditions will hold through this month, something that should never happen in a month like march, but looks to happen now. CFS, GFS and EURO models show nothing but this. NOAA is the same. Only thing that appears to be increasing again is the precipitation. Although we are supposed to be back to rain-snow mixes by now, expect typical winter snowfall to keep on coming the whole rest of the month.
So much for an early spring like weather that will continue through the actual season of spring. :cry:
because ur mom said so
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2051 posts
344 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 9:59 pm
So it looks like in June and July we will be asking you if its safe to take our snow tires off, or is there more snow in the forecast. This weather is turning me into such a negative person, I want to cry. :cry:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6598 posts
1935 upvotes
Toronto
JACKIE26 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 6:48 pm
Was anyone else ready to fling a giant string of expletives this morning because of traffic. It took me 4hrs to drive from Hamilton to the airport, there were problems on the 403 and then the QEW was shut down and diverted to Eastport drive. Once I got out of that nightmare OMG the 401 what another drive from hell, transport trucks that were just spinning their wheels

The trucks today caused pretty much all of the chaos 4 trucks crashed on the 403 I heard about more doing the same on the 401, then there were stalled trucks all over blocking lanes, then they were the ones that couldn't make it up highway ramps, the icing on the cake (this one from the looks was the car drivers fault), 401 collectors towards the 427 looked like an older smaller VW Golf maybe, I didn't care I was so fed up with traffic some lady manged to get her car partially run over on the drivers side by the car looks like she cut the truck off or was probably yapping on the phone and not paying attention, she was fine but hopefully learned to pay attention she was lucky she didn't get killed.

My bony butt was killing me from sitting so long in the car. LOL :razz:
what were you going to the airport for? I think I would have went all nutso if I was stuck on the road for four hours..... :(

Would taking locals roads would have been better?
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17145 posts
1608 upvotes
Space for rent
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Mar 13th, 2014 9:37 pm
Opera seems to actually be working it appears. I think it is a browser popular in Russia.

That's too bad. I'll special order one Polar Vore-Tex complete with high winds and one whole weeks supply of snoin russw, absolutely free!
In Russia, Firefox interwebs you!

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

redflagdealsguy, DiceMan