Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20107 posts
4068 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Meanwhile here in the great T.O., 17 wonderful degrees and a comfy 11 tonight!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
More evidence of weather sandikosh will like more and most others will hate!

the CFS model suggests below normal temps for June. the entire month!

GFS also features a big lack of hot humid weather. So get ready for one of those Junes where heatwaves and 32 and hazy and humid is almost totally absent. When it comes, it will be much less significant than normal.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
410 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 5:57 pm
why would anyone hate cool summer temps? i'm glad that i'll actually be able to get outside and enjoy the weather instead of sitting inside all day long as if it were still winter. this is perfect.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20107 posts
4068 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 5:57 pm

the CFS model suggests below normal temps for June. the entire month!

GFS also features a big lack of hot humid weather. So get ready for one of those Junes where heatwaves and 32 and hazy and humid is almost totally absent. When it comes, it will be much less significant than normal.
I thought you were playing me. Here's what's in store for the next 7 days!
[IMG]http://s15.postimg.org/vd34abyh7/IMG_20 ... 044051.jpg[/IMG]
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 6:17 pm
I thought you were playing me. Here's what's in store for the next 7 days!
[IMG]http://s15.postimg.org/vd34abyh7/IMG_20 ... 044051.jpg[/IMG]
Actually I am quite confident you are getting a June less warm than normal. In fact, I also just found the EURO model and as I figured, it says the same thing. Cool June.

this is basically the picture for the whole month. The blue just doesn't wanna go away:

[IMG]http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/p ... _jun3c.png[/IMG]
Another summer without a summer?

dc200 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 6:00 pm
why would anyone hate cool summer temps? i'm glad that i'll actually be able to get outside and enjoy the weather instead of sitting inside all day long as if it were still winter. this is perfect.
I don't understand. If you don't want winter, then isn't it a hot summer you want? This was about the lack of typical June heat making it to T-Dot.

On another note, I better not return to Canada on January 15 one year when it is -20. I am gettin so used to always being warm in Philippines, I will not survive my return.
blahhh
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
On another note, I better not return to Canada on January 15 one year when it is -20. I am gettin so used to always being warm in Philippines, I will not survive my return.
Please don't return, canada is not good enough to grace your presence.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
raps4lyfe wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 8:35 pm
Please don't return, canada is not good enough to grace your presence.
it is when there is no polar vortex. If I can stratigically predict the exodus of all the polar vortexes, I can safely return to T-Dot unharmed. Me and polar vortex don't get along well.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2593 posts
410 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 8:18 pm
I don't understand. If you don't want winter, then isn't it a hot summer you want?
what don't you understand? i find extreme heat to be just as uncomfortable as extreme cold, albeit in a different way. if it's too hot to do anything outside, then there's really no point in summer.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 8:57 pm
what don't you understand? i find extreme heat to be just as uncomfortable as extreme cold, albeit in a different way. if it's too hot to do anything outside, then there's really no point in summer.
ok it's that. Basically same as in Philppines. Although it is always manageable there. Here, it is a chronic hot weather problem so you are always constrained in what you can do and when. I don't get how people have an even bigger habit of wanting to be up at any time in the night and sleep at any part of the day. It is way too hot as soon as the sun gets up.

a summer with lots of 25 degrees is noce in T-Dot, but you better hope that does not mean winter comes faster. If shaving off 10 degrees in summer means shaving off 10 degrees in fall, then you guys will be so darn cold! But you might have no reaso to worry because el nino is supposed to limit extreme cold on that continent.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2014 3:28 am
this is one of a kind forecast.

sunny and beautiful

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Qp109jq.png[/IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised if they included Fantastic.
Uh, we are in the the Philippines and we get this :|

Mix of sun and cloud, chance of a thunderstorm, high of 33 humidex, 43.

:|
lol

EDIT: o wait, did you leave here already? If you did I promise I will take good care of Philippines until you come back to it :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
there is thunderstorm here in Philippines. Lots of lightning.

:cry: I'm scared :cry:
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3861 posts
357 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Looks like it's going to be nice and sunny tomorrow!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Quick tip for anyone on the subway that feels too hot. When you are sweating and hot and there is someone fanning themselves with a real hand fan, just sneak in behind them and let them do all the work lol then when you or them gets off, you say "thanks for the free fanning service, or do you charge per minute?"

I learned this right here in Philippines!!!!!!!

We suffer from such hot weather here that I have to go to extremes just to escape the heat which even means enjoying free fanning service on a train cursed by underperforming ac in Philippines lol
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5306 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 9th, 2014 4:33 am
Quick tip for anyone on the subway that feels too hot. When you are sweating and hot and there is someone fanning themselves with a real hand fan, just sneak in behind them and let them do all the work lol then when you or them gets off, you say "thanks for the free fanning service, or do you charge per minute?"

I learned this right here in Philippines!!!!!!!

We suffer from such hot weather here that I have to go to extremes just to escape the heat which even means enjoying free fanning service on a train cursed by underperforming ac in Philippines lol
I can relate. Haha.