Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2014 5:41 am
I can relate. Haha.
Lo you must have done this quite often on the LRT too admit it :lol:
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5308 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 9th, 2014 5:58 am
Lo you must have done this quite often on the LRT too admit it :lol:
i don't do it on purpose, but whenever some lady sits besides me and starts fanning, i just enjoy the ride. :lol:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2014 6:46 am
i don't do it on purpose, but whenever some lady sits besides me and starts fanning, i just enjoy the ride. :lol:
I did not do it on purpose either ;)

I just find myself behind a lady fanning herself and also take advantage of the free wind without having planned to do so. I think it was unplanned :confused:
lol

Once I ended up in a train with no AC. Gyad! that was terrible!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I found a room for rent near Blumentritt station that has aircon in the room. Now I can enjoy the Philippines fully with no problem with the weather. I have aircon to escape the heat and it is a house where the rain does not produce much noise like what happens in the tin houses in Malabon city :|
I can't believe a girl fro Malabon city added me the second I complained about her city. I take back all the bad things I have said about Malabon city :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2049 posts
323 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Last time there was a warning of this it was a bust. This time the warning is from Environment Canada, so maybe I will pack an umbrella for tomorrow just in case. GTA is under this weather staement as well.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=son

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/45696 ... -tomorrow/

Special Hamilton weather statement: Heavy rainfall tomorrow

Hamilton is under a special weather statement.

Significant rainfall is possible beginning Wednesday morning, Environment Canada states.

"A low pressure system is expected to affect Eastern Ontario beginning Wednesday morning and continuing Thursday.

"Rain at times heavy and isolated thunderstorms will be associated with this system. The slow moving nature of this system may result in significant rainfall amounts."

Current indications are that rainfall amounts may be in the 30 mm to 40 mm range, with higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Uuuuuh!!!! now it does not stop raining in Philippines. It is so annoying. Whatever happened to el nino causing drought in the Philippines? It is supposed be dried out so much, the dams get low and the power goes out, but instead it never stops raining!

:| Guess I just gotta wait for el nino to kick in :|

EDIT: phew! the rain ended!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5308 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 10th, 2014 5:47 pm
Uuuuuh!!!! now it does not stop raining in Philippines. It is so annoying. Whatever happened to el nino causing drought in the Philippines? It is supposed be dried out so much, the dams get low and the power goes out, but instead it never stops raining!

:| Guess I just gotta wait for el nino to kick in :|

EDIT: phew! the rain ended!
heard the local news yesterday, they said its the start of rainy season now. :)

http://src.meteopilipinas.gov.ph/repo/m ... hour/1.gif

edit: it started raining now, 1 hour ago weather was fine. :!:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2014 10:21 pm
heard the local news yesterday, they said its the start of rainy season now. :)

http://src.meteopilipinas.gov.ph/repo/m ... hour/1.gif

edit: it started raining now, 1 hour ago weather was fine. :!:
I thought you were outta here already lol But yes, the rainy season is starting, but it is still up for debate what el nino does. Again el nino is known for causing drought in Philippines and Indonesia. So if we even get aa half decent el nino do develop, we should not get that much rain because it takes plenty of rain to erase the drought conditions normally seen in this el nino.

On a positive note, the weather has been good. Perfect actually. A sprinkle of rain to cool things down with clouds to keep the sun away, but no downpour. But I do not know what will happen now that my girlfriend is coming to visit from Tondo. I don't wanna take the annoying tricycle back from blumentritt station! They are a ripoff! lol

EDIT: grrrrr it is raining!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7055 posts
1558 upvotes
Wow, I didn't realize I accidentally clicked on the Philippines weather thread.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5308 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2014 2:29 am
You clicked on Official and not just Canadian weather thread.
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2014 2:29 am
Naa you clicked on the official phillipines travel blog with some weather mixed in to justify the blog posts lol
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20111 posts
4071 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Wonderful weather the past few days. Today it rained a bit but I'll take it over 30+ degrees weather.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
Afternoon today. ..

Accuweather says feel like 24
680news says feel like 36

What is it gonna be? Cuz that is quite a discrepancy
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 11th, 2014 8:18 pm
Wonderful weather the past few days. Today it rained a bit but I'll take it over 30+ degrees weather.
Every singel day I have been saying the same thing about the weather here. I want el nino to cancel the downpours, but leave a little rain to remove the excess heat. plus clouds to block the terrible sun.

Weather here has been perfect. every day I walk to SM mall, I am pleased by a little bit of rain under overcast skies to keep away the heat, and still not too much rain so I can also get places without getting wet. I wish for drizzle/overcast every single day. Can someone please press repeat on today's weather in the Philippines and throw away the button? lol
PSiBeR wrote:
Jun 11th, 2014 10:46 am
Where dem filipina chicas at???
Lol they are right here actually. One almost decided not to come because it was pouring rain. I thought "is the philippines the only country where a little rain means you can't go anywhere?" It's called get in a jeepney, get on the LRT and get your butt over here!!!!!!!! The only type of weather I will accept here as a reason to not come visit me is a typhoon morphed with a polar vortex and an occluded front ;)
blahhh