Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 8:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
roblombardi wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2014 2:53 pm
Weekend was amazing here in Toronto... sunny, not too warm, not humid at all... just perfect.

Dude, how come you're still in the Philippines?.. I thought your boss ordered you to come back right away?
He did, but a friend here connnected me with a filipino that can offer me a different one when I go back. The wonder of having so many people in Canada from the country you visit. Espescislly Philippinrd. They hook you up with jobs cuz they got connctions.

And the above was the first complain about the word T-dot. But as saugadealhunter made it clear that that complaint post did nt make so much sense, I won't worry. T-dot has not been a problem since the start and it means Toronto dot NOT Tondo dot ;) So it is not Philippines lol

EDIT: for those that wonder, bayad po is what you say when you pay the jeepney :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I forgot to do my update from the GFS model.
There does seem to be agreeement among models that it will warm up once we reach late month.

I should ban the weather blogger Brett Anderson from Accuweather for slacking on his interpretation of the EURO model. more than 10 days of no show! He should be fired!
I need a new source for EURO model updates :|
blahhh
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10433 posts
1582 upvotes
Toronto
I'm loving this weather so far. Hope it stays this way for July and August.

But all it takes is one sweltering week, and it's going to feel long.

I also heard on the radio today that May was one of the hottest months on record. Was it that hot here? It must be some other part of the world.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
at1212b wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2014 10:04 pm
I'm loving this weather so far. Hope it stays this way for July and August.

But all it takes is one sweltering week, and it's going to feel long.

I also heard on the radio today that May was one of the hottest months on record. Was it that hot here? It must be some other part of the world.
If you were referring to global average temperature, then it makes sense. Global warming is happening so this will be the reality, even if T-dot is not hot.

during the epic polar vortex we were experiencing global average temps near record again because of the heat in the rest of the world
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20151 posts
4114 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Do you know what is great that the first day of summer means? Anyone?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 9:04 am
Do you know what is great that the first day of summer means? Anyone?
That days start getting shorter again :)

Well there they do. Here they don't.

I can say I am so adapted to the heat here, even the local version of summer, I do't even feel the heat anymore. btw, it is the rainy season here and it is ,, well .. dry as a bone! They said rainy season started awhile ago.
Ok well where is the rain then people?????
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20151 posts
4114 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 9:50 am
That days start getting shorter again :)

Well there they do. Here they don't.

I can say I am so adapted to the heat here, even the local version of summer, I do't even feel the heat anymore. btw, it is the rainy season here and it is ,, well .. dry as a bone! They said rainy season started awhile ago.
Ok well where is the rain then people?????
You got it. First day of summer has the most light. That means winter is coming!!!!!! Yippie!!!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 11:47 am
You got it. First day of summer has the most light. That means winter is coming!!!!!! Yippie!!!!!
Yea just like summer is just around the corner after the winter solstice :/
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3903 posts
361 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
therollin wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 2:41 pm
Possible Tstorms in gta in 2-3 hours
The radar shows some heavy-ish showers on their way :)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20151 posts
4114 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Typhoonz wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 3:26 pm
The radar shows some heavy-ish showers on their way :)
Now pouring in Poormond Hill.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OK I come all the way here expecting to see a spectacular series of weather events .... and nothing happens :|

It's sunny all the time. No typhoon nothing! I am thinking of going back to Canada during Christmas time when typhoons happen, I will see if I can hitch a ride back to Canada. I don't wanna pay for it. I just gotta make sure the typhoon I pick does not change into polar vortex phase until after I get dropped off in T-Dot or I will show up as a block of ice.

December 15, 2014: A block of ice shaped like a weatherman has fallen onto the northbound DVP shutting down the shoulder and left lane.

UPDATE: looks like the above normal temperature trend will hold strong into July. Happy hot Canada day! Latest temeprature outlok data says so.
Hot temps seem to start in time for the weekend on EC forecast

:( I miss this. It has AC in it :(
[IMG]http://www.thebergennetwork.com/na/on/ttc/9444.jpg[/IMG]

But i gotta take this and there's no AC :(
[IMG]http://sixpacktech.com/wp-content/galle ... ney-05.jpg[/IMG]
blahhh
Nov 17, 2014
705 posts
4 upvotes
Bramledesh
Yikes. Who missions it to Antipolo on a jeepney? How are your facial pores? I take a taxi/minivan at the worst on a carless day. Just got soaked earlier from a 30 second walk in the rain. FML.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20151 posts
4114 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 6:47 pm
OK I come all the way here expecting to see a spectacular series of weather events .... and nothing happens :|

It's sunny all the time. No typhoon nothing! I am thinking of going back to Canada during Christmas time when typhoons happen, I will see if I can hitch a ride back to Canada. I don't wanna pay for it. I just gotta make sure the typhoon I pick does not change into polar vortex phase until after I get dropped off in T-Dot or I will show up as a block of ice.

December 15, 2014: A block of ice shaped like a weatherman has fallen onto the northbound DVP shutting down the shoulder and left lane.

UPDATE: looks like the above normal temperature trend will hold strong into July. Happy hot Canada day! Latest temeprature outlok data says so.
Hot temps seem to start in time for the weekend on EC forecast

:( I miss this. It has AC in it :(
[IMG]http://www.thebergennetwork.com/na/on/ttc/9444.jpg[/IMG]

But i gotta take this and there's no AC :(
[IMG]http://sixpacktech.com/wp-content/galle ... ney-05.jpg[/IMG]
That ttc bus have a/c inside and outside.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 8:18 pm
That ttc bus have a/c inside and outside.
Lol I just realised that after posting it.

No fair! Here we got a crowd of sweaty bodies heating it from the inside and crappy tropical weather heating it from the outside. I should introduce air conditioned jeepney to Philippines ;) And charge 15 pesos to cruise down Rizal Av in style ;)
blahhh