Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 8:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Wow my forecast is totally right! Every day this week is forecast to be above normal and just rain rain rain! As soon as we hit next week, the sun is forecast to be back. I love when I am right! Especially when it is a long range forecast that goes so well.

And I brag about it ;)

:|
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2051 posts
344 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Temperature is now at 27C/81F, just beautiful outside :D Now if it would just stay this well until just before Christmas.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1798 posts
248 upvotes
Canada
beach weather today 29c
all the patios will be packed today
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4625 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Huh?? Where are you?
JACKIE26 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2014 10:51 am
Temperature is now at 27C/81F, just beautiful outside :D Now if it would just stay this well until just before Christmas.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
773 upvotes
Why is it so hot for the last many days and continuing next week?? Have we switched with Aussie?

23 degree...thats summer
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21512 posts
2294 upvotes
TheRed wrote:
Oct 15th, 2014 2:35 am
Why is it so hot for the last many days and continuing next week?? Have we switched with Aussie?

23 degree...thats summer
Huh, we barely saw summer this year imo
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16635 posts
2526 upvotes
Toronto
It was pretty hot last night. I opened all my windows just so I could sleep comfortably.

It's global warming in effect. I don't know why everyone thinks 'global warming' means that everywhere will be warmer all the time. That's not how weather works. The more violent storms and unpredictable seasons we've been seeing the past few years are the expected result.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Piro21 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2014 10:46 am
It was pretty hot last night. I opened all my windows just so I could sleep comfortably.

It's global warming in effect. I don't know why everyone thinks 'global warming' means that everywhere will be warmer all the time. That's not how weather works. The more violent storms and unpredictable seasons we've been seeing the past few years are the expected result.
Yes it is causing so much of the weather to go out of whack and make the jet stream behave in never before seen ways. The polar vortex, the ice storm, and that hurricane hitting New York were all a result of the jet stream getting thrown way more off course than we have historically seen. I think climate change is screwing up the climate here too. Southern Mindanao never used to get typhoons. Now the one destination I am interested in I have to forget about cuz a typhoon destroyed all the good scenery. It will never be the same great tropical beach paradise again.

On another note, it is getting so dry and so little wind here, I am wondering what is going on here. The rainy season is here, but not a drop of rain!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5389 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Oct 15th, 2014 7:06 pm
I will walk fearlessness below a condo in the Philippines, but NO WAY will I walk anywhere near one in Toronto, cuz I like my head to stay on my shoulders, thank you :|

"Glass panels have been falling off newly built Toronto condos, including the luxury Shangri-La and Trump towers and a dozen or more lesser-known buildings across the city."
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/ ... y_ave.html

http://globalnews.ca/news/830988/man-hi ... -adelaide/

lol true. :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Sorry I posted it in the wrong thread lol :cry:

I wanted to post it in the condo thread lol I just transferred it so I can continue bragging about the Philipppines . ;)

Although there was an on topic part of that article: "New buildings suffer from water leaks and poor insulation, making them ill-suited to Canadian weather." So the developers don't know what country they are in I guess.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10644 posts
753 upvotes
Brampton
Do they have Mc Donald's in the Philippines?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11580 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cheapmeister wrote:
Oct 15th, 2014 7:24 pm
Ya. that is everywhere lol Suriname, Africa, everywhere. In Davao, They hold these nonsense "reopening" events too often at different branches. They find an excuse to 'close' the store and then have a "grand reopening" to attract attention and get people back into their stores. It is so lame lol
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5389 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmeister wrote:
Oct 15th, 2014 7:24 pm
They have, but it's not the #1. Bee beats that clown. :D