Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2049 posts
323 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
The warmer weather this week was great. Its not global warming, its normal. We have had plenty of Thanksgiving weekends with temps just as warm that were t-shirt and shorts weather. I recall just maybe 3-4 years ago being in Chicago and having packed for cool weather and needing to go buy shorts and t-shirts because it was so hot out. About 10 years ago going to the cottage in Parry Sound and wearing shorts because it was so warm out upper 25C+ temps

Now if only we could get a wave of this in February.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2014 8:34 pm
The warmer weather this week was great. Its not global warming, its normal. We have had plenty of Thanksgiving weekends with temps just as warm that were t-shirt and shorts weather. I recall just maybe 3-4 years ago being in Chicago and having packed for cool weather and needing to go buy shorts and t-shirts because it was so hot out. About 10 years ago going to the cottage in Parry Sound and wearing shorts because it was so warm out upper 25C+ temps

Now if only we could get a wave of this in February.
Yes I am surprised you never mentioned it is called indian summer when you said the weather was normal. That is the name given to this kind of weather after the first frost came.

I think it requires at least 3 days of a certain degree of hot weather and I am not sure if it reached the criteria, but people always call it indian summer anyways.
blahhh
Nov 17, 2014
705 posts
4 upvotes
Bramledesh
Not only do they have McD's in the Philippines, but they also deliver!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
bandolera wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 7:26 am
Not only do they have McD's in the Philippines, but they also deliver!
Hey what a coincidence, I was just going to login to say that when I was in the elevator in my hotel a few hours ago, I saw a mcdonalds guy carrying a strange large and square shaped backpack for delivery. I never seen such a thing in Canada. I wonder why they have it in Philippines but not in Canada! Only pizza etc

but now that you mention it, I did not realise before when I saw it that Mcdonalds delivers here but not in Canada. lol
blahhh
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11726 posts
1614 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I think a lot of that has to do with high population density and proximity of distance. Everyone lives in crowded neighborhoods. Delivering within a certain radius is easily with a ton of customers is easy and a very low cost of delivery. Whereas in Canada/US peeps are spread over large and distant neighborhoods. Not worth it unless the there's a min order price per delivery charge like 15-20 bucks.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
aznnorth wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 9:09 am
I think a lot of that has to do with high population density and proximity of distance. Everyone lives in crowded neighborhoods. Delivering within a certain radius is easily with a ton of customers is easy and a very low cost of delivery. Whereas in Canada/US peeps are spread over large and distant neighborhoods. Not worth it unless the there's a min order price per delivery charge like 15-20 bucks.
Yes that makes sense for sure. Maybe delivery costs overall might also help here. But yes, greater Manila has 25 million people in it and it is actually much smaller than greater Toronto which has maybe 6 million in it. I think having 5 times more people compressed into an area 3 5th the size makes delivery much more economical. I heard that greater Manila will become the worlds 2nd biggest populated area after Tokyo in only 10 years so you can see the trends, I should not live there cuz the pollution from that!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2049 posts
323 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
People are fat enough in North America last thing needed here is home delivery of McDonalds. Drive thru's are bad enough.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21495 posts
2288 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 1:06 pm
People are fat enough in North America last thing needed here is home delivery of McDonalds. Drive thru's are bad enough.
In Korea you don't need sites for home delivery of meal. Most restaurants provide a service where you call them, delivery man comes and drops off food, finish the meal and then you put the plates outside. Someone comes to pick up the plates (no need to call). They also can bring you alcohol and drinks so you could literally sit at home all day this way.

It hasn't made them super fat either
[IMG]http://www.oecd.org/media/oecdorg/direc ... ph%201.PNG[/IMG]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 1:06 pm
hmmmmm how to make North America more fat.
Lol extra fat delivered right to your couch. Yep that'll do it!!
george__ wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 2:13 pm
In Korea you don't need sites for home delivery of meal. Most restaurants provide a service where you call them, delivery man comes and drops off food, finish the meal and then you put the plates outside. Someone comes to pick up the plates (no need to call). They also can bring you alcohol and drinks so you could literally sit at home all day this way.

It hasn't made them super fat either
[IMG]http://www.oecd.org/media/oecdorg/direc ... ph%201.PNG[/IMG]
If they can be that lazy their food must be healthy then. I know East Asian food is much healthier than their tropical counterparts like SE Asia and Caribbean African etc.
I wonder why they skipped Japan in the diagram. I know they are similar to Korea.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3994 posts
219 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Waiting for a snow storm
because ur mom said so
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2701 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
Simaahoy wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 7:49 pm
Waiting for a snow storm
Well we have one hell of a rainstorm right now
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
Holy crap...durham region is getting hit with a wave of water!!! Streets are flooding!! better baton down the hatches! :-0