Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Winter GONE EARLY in Toronto this year!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 4:12 pm
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
cheapmeister wrote:
Dec 24th, 2014 1:17 pm
Whoever traveled south for a warm Christmas is wasting their money.
That is right, today it is warm here in the GTA.
Happy Holiday everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5306 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmeister wrote:
Dec 24th, 2014 1:17 pm
Whoever traveled south for a warm Christmas is wasting their money.
Nope, it didn't affect them, they are probably rich, that's why they were able to travel.
Jan 4, 2014
548 posts
66 upvotes
wal3145 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2014 7:17 am
Thi got to be the worst Christmas ever! No snow. No Cold. When I look outside it seems lifeless. When I did shopping yesterday, the mall and the people were just not giving out that "Chrismas" vibe. Without snow and the cold, we might as well call off Christmas this year.
Disagree, love this 'winter' weather. Christmas for me is spending time with the family, the cold and snow doesn't really add any "Christmas vibe". I also loved my Christmas in Miami a few years ago when I woke up to 25 degree weather. To each his own though but anyway, Merry Christmas to all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5306 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
9 degrees now!!

and.. when are the strong winds?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2014 6:10 pm
9 degrees now!!

and.. when are the strong winds?
They pick up rather fast soon this evening. Most will be when Santa comes so he will get blown off the roof. After 9 pm is when I expect the heavy winds.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Wind warning in effect for:

City of Toronto
Very strong wind gusts that may cause damage are expected or occurring.

A low pressure system over Lake St. Clair will deepen quite quickly as it tracks north across Lake Huron tonighte then into Northeastern Ontario by Christmas Day. This low pressure area will blast a sharp cold front east across the regions tonight. Very strong southwesterly winds of 60 gusting to 90 km/h will herald the sudden arrival of this front. The very strong winds will continue for a few hours after the passage of the front, then very slowly ease off a little by Christmas morning. A few gusts of 100 km/h will be quite likely in exposed areas, in regions near the Great Lakes, and over higher ground as well.

Motorists travelling for the Christmas Holidays should be prepared for difficult driving conditions especially on highways exposed to strong and gusty cross winds.

These winds are also strong enough to cause some tree damage, may bring down tree limbs and some trees, and cause local power outages.

Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.

Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10540 posts
683 upvotes
Brampton
Pooring rain outside. Strange to have so much rain in december.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
wiarton, Collingwood and Belleville got way worse on the RADar
blahhh
Sep 11, 2014
640 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cheapmeister wrote:
Dec 24th, 2014 10:29 pm
Pooring rain outside. Strange to have so much rain in december.
So true.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Are you guys up waiting for Santa? Don't you know he will skip your house if you do that? lol

And he will get blown off anyways so no presents for anyone!
blahhh
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
It is quite different this year. I took a long walk today.
Last year I first knew of RFD thanks to this Toronto winter thread, it was was so active and the # of pages kept growing every minute. Power outage, freezing rain, such a bad weather.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11578 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2014 10:35 pm
It is quite different this year. I took a long walk today.
Last year I first knew of RFD thanks to this Toronto winter thread, it was was so active and the # of pages kept growing every minute. Power outage, freezing rain, such a bad weather.
That's cool. I was wondering, how did you find this thread first before finding RFD itself? Did this thread just appear in Google search results?
blahhh