Entertainment

The Official Wrestling Thread!!!

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 3:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4288 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto

The Official Wrestling Thread!!!

Well there have been requests in the WWE screening thread for a wrestling thread to be started so I figure I'll get it started.

To all the haters out there, YES WE KNOW IT'S NOT REAL!
Most of us just watch it out of habit and nostalgia, and just can't seem to drop the habit ie like people who can't stop smoking.

I guess this will serve as a platform to discuss WWE and other wrasslin products out there, our disdain for John Cena, and other speculations/rumours we come across.

That being said, let's get the ball rolling :cheesygri
1536 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 7, 2008
5691 posts
642 upvotes
Ottawa
Wrestling isnt real...

Just thought I would put it out there!

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4288 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
TripleHelix wrote:
Aug 26th, 2010 12:26 pm
Wrestling isnt real...

Just thought I would put it out there!

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
glover78 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2010 12:20 pm

To all the haters out there, YES WE KNOW IT'S NOT REAL!


;)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 3, 2007
15972 posts
366 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote:
Aug 26th, 2010 12:26 pm
Wrestling isnt real...

Just thought I would put it out there!

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
someone needs an 'attitude adjustment" :twisted:
Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2010
447 posts
63 upvotes
triplehelix wrote:
Aug 26th, 2010 12:26 pm
wrestling isnt real...

Just thought i would put it out there!

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
its real to me dammit!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2005
2223 posts
152 upvotes
Is the Beserker still wrestling? He was good.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 26, 2003
15592 posts
645 upvotes
Stouffville
robster77 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2010 4:05 pm
Is the Beserker still wrestling? He was good.
HUSK! HUSK! HUSK!

anyways... Batista is going for MMA now...

boo to the Attitude adjustment.. much better when it was called the eff you...

anyways... as of right now... Sheamus and Wade Barrett own...two great quality new guys they have... I like how WWE is at least trying to get the new guys going... Cena as a face for the last 6 years at the top of every damn PPV really sucks...Orton's face turn has been pretty good.... Nexsus is good and i hope it stays around...another boring kane vs. taker feud....TNA sucking arse....ROH owning it up!
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2006
900 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
TripleHelix wrote:
Aug 26th, 2010 12:26 pm
Wrestling isnt real...

Just thought I would put it out there!

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:

I disagree. Yes, the outcome is predetermined, but at a live event, I saw a guy go through a glass table onto a pile of thumb tacks. Them sh*ts is REAL!

A friend of mine was all "you know it's fake", so I said to her, "You know that Meredith Grey doesn't really work at a hospital in Seattle, right?". If we're only going to watch "real" stuff on tv, I guess that leaves the news and some sports because I'm convinced that even reality shows are predetermined.

(I was a big TNA fan up until Hogan took it over and turned it into WCW circa 1997. I gave up on WWE after the 8th week in a row of Chavo vs. Hornswaggle). I keep meaning to turn it back on but we are big hockey & baseball fans and my husband and I each have like 15 shows that we watch regularly so freeing up Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays made sense to us. Christian doesn't get enough screen time anyways and he's my favourite wrestler.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
44232 posts
3265 upvotes
Toronto
scagneti wrote:
Aug 27th, 2010 2:44 pm
I disagree. Yes, the outcome is predetermined, but at a live event, I saw a guy go through a glass table onto a pile of thumb tacks. Them sh*ts is REAL!

A friend of mine was all "you know it's fake", so I said to her, "You know that Meredith Grey doesn't really work at a hospital in Seattle, right?". If we're only going to watch "real" stuff on tv, I guess that leaves the news and some sports because I'm convinced that even reality shows are predetermined.

(I was a big TNA fan up until Hogan took it over and turned it into WCW circa 1997. I gave up on WWE after the 8th week in a row of Chavo vs. Hornswaggle). I keep meaning to turn it back on but we are big hockey & baseball fans and my husband and I each have like 15 shows that we watch regularly so freeing up Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays made sense to us. Christian doesn't get enough screen time anyways and he's my favourite wrestler.
Just because he's Canadian right? :D ! I remember there being another Canadian In the WWE but I'm not sure who. I think It was Trish Stratus?

The glass you saw might be the ones used In movies where they shatter easily and don't hurt.

I personally think WWE Is fake but It's your decision to believe In which ever one you want!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4288 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
scagneti wrote:
Aug 27th, 2010 2:44 pm
A friend of mine was all "you know it's fake", so I said to her, "You know that Meredith Grey doesn't really work at a hospital in Seattle, right?". If we're only going to watch "real" stuff on tv, I guess that leaves the news and some sports because I'm convinced that even reality shows are predetermined.
+1

This is the same counter argument I use, well I'll replace Meredith Grey with James Bond or something. Sometimes I'll say "It's still real to me dammnit" a la famous youtube video.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4288 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 27th, 2010 2:49 pm

The glass you saw might be the ones used In movies where they shatter easily and don't hurt.

I personally think WWE Is fake but It's your decision to believe In which ever one you want!
The glass is probably candy glass, but the tacks are real. Also when they fall off a 20foot ladder that real. I'm not saying wrasslin is real, because it's not, i like to say it's choreographed.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
glover78 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2010 3:06 pm
The glass is probably candy glass, but the tacks are real. Also when they fall off a 20foot ladder that real. I'm not saying wrasslin is real, because it's not, i like to say it's choreographed.
Yup, it's choreographed. It takes a lot of athleticism to do what they do. That's why you don't see the out of shape big guys anymore in the big leagues.
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2006
900 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 27th, 2010 2:49 pm
Just because he's Canadian right? :D ! I remember there being another Canadian In the WWE but I'm not sure who. I think It was Trish Stratus?

The glass you saw might be the ones used In movies where they shatter easily and don't hurt.

I personally think WWE Is fake but It's your decision to believe In which ever one you want!

There are tons of current Canadian wrestlers. Jericho, Edge, Santino Marella, Natalia, Angelina Love, Cody Deaner, Robert Roode, those young Hart guys, etc. Some are awesome, some aren't. I like Christian because he's technically sound and can rock a mic.

That doesn't explain how a 200+ lb man stood on the middle of it before anyone went through it. And the thumbtacks? I get one of those in my finger or toe and it hurts like heck. They've got dozens of them stuck in their back (we don't sit in the nosebleeds so if we're at a live enough, we can smell the sweat & blood). They let us see that the tacks were hanging out of their skin. You can't fake that stuff -- at least not in front of savy fans.

And TNA was my wrestling promotion of choice. WWE after 2002 seems to be written by and for 12 year olds. Their treatment of their "divas" is extremely disappointing and the TNA "knockouts" are far better athletes.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 12, 2007
3747 posts
140 upvotes
I still find the thumbtacks stunt disgusting, it looks like it really hurts a lot.
Mick Foley used to do it all the time, what a brave man.
The stunts they do are insane. Like Mick Foley falling off the hell in a cell onto an announcers table, that's gotta hurt even if the table isn't made of real wood.

Just watched smackdown, anyone interested in the Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio feud at all?
My favourite wrestler is Mysterio, and it looks like it could be a good feud between two mexican wrestlers. Too bad Mysterio can't work a mic, i guess Alberto will have to carry most of the promos.

Top