• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 8:22 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16478 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Enjoyed watching the PPV last night for the most part. Like most of the Internet, I was not a fan of Reigns coming out at 30.

They could have used so many other wrestlers.

I did not see the outcome of Brock / Goldberg going down the way it did.

I'm starting to think they are using Brock to make Goldberg look huge so Taker can beat him at WM and retire.
Oct 31, 2007
3164 posts
336 upvotes
actually enjoyed the Roman/KO match, but agree was stupid him coming out at 30 in the actual rumble, again not even bothering to pretend to be a bit hurt from his previous match. Was surprised how quick Brock, Goldberg and Taker came and went, and also surprised Goldberg humbled Brock again. On the whole I thought the actual Rumble match was pretty forgettable, with no real good surprise entrants (ellsworth and enzo bits are getting old). I like how Y2J just left for half the match, wonder why more don't adopt that strategy :P The one part I did enjoy was Strowman dominating.

Just learned that the big guys actually got driven down to the ring in the rumble match, lol! http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... wwe-royal/
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1128 posts
158 upvotes
I did not like Reigns at 30, and I hated that he eliminated Y2J. A very forgettable Rumble.

That cart thing is funny. That ramp to the ring was super long, and when I was watching the wrestlers seemed to run forever before getting to the ring.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15591 posts
645 upvotes
Stouffville
too much hate on the Rumble match.. i thought it was quite good..

we didnt NEED the surprise entrants this year.. they would get totally lost in the shuffle IMO... you had Goldberg, who hasnt been in a rumble since 2004... Taker, who hasnt been in a rumble since 2009... and also had Lesnar..

if you had Joe, or Balor come out and get dumped, whats the point? fans got the Dillenger spot and thats all that was really needed in this rumble IMO... i also predicted the Reigns 30 entrant right after he lost the title match...

the rumble match also set up good stuff and had good spots...had Strowman come in early and eliminate 7 guys by like #14 and on his way to beating Reigns record and then the big man from Smackdown takes him out to a big pop.. possibly setting up a inter promotional match between them for Mania or something...you had Goldberg destroy Brock again (after Brock dominated for like 3 min and tossed 3-4 guys)...keep pushing it that Brock can own up everyone else but cant against Goldberg... also you had the best troll job with Reigns at 30 by the WWE... and then you have him feud with Taker and tell him that its his yard now...i liked it... you had the Gallagher spot as well.. and you had Orton winning, which is gonna lead to Wyatt winning the title at the chamber, which im fine with.. Wyatt has been on the main roster for 3.5 years hasnt won a singles title (and only just recently had the tag titles) so its about time he got something... tho i am surprised they didnt do anything with Ziggler/Lawler or JBL.. even a distraction elimination or something... oh well

the 2 big title matches were great... womans match was good enough.. and the cruiserweight match was good as well.. really solid main card from top to bottom IMO...

looks there will be a LOT of singles matches on the Mania card as it looks right now..

Brock vs. Lesnar for Universal Title
Owens vs. Jericho for US Title
Roman vs. Undertaker
Big Show vs. Shaq
AJ vs. Shane
Cena vs. Joe?
Orton vs. Wyatt for WWE Title
Corbin vs. Strowman for brand supremacy or something..
need some sort of IC title match with Ambrose, Ziggler, Miz, Crews, Kalisto maybe?
Smackdown Womans title match
Raw Womans Title Match..
Andre Giant Battle Royal..

dunno how they gonna do all this even with most likely a 5 hour main card + 2 hr pre show..
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1128 posts
158 upvotes
Rollins need to fit in there somewhere.
And I don't like the Roman vs Taker match, unless they are finally turning Reigns heel. Putting him in a match with Taker makes him an automatic heel in the fans eyes.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16478 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 5:05 pm
Rollins need to fit in there somewhere.
And I don't like the Roman vs Taker match, unless they are finally turning Reigns heel. Putting him in a match with Taker makes him an automatic heel in the fans eyes.
They could have put HHH in it as well and just had Rollins attack him causing his easy out of the Rumble.

At least that would have gotten a proper reaction from the crowd.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1128 posts
158 upvotes
Spoilers are okay right?

I am surprised that Joe is not going to be on Smackdown. But damn good to see Joe on the main roster! Rollins vs Joe should be a darn good match.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16478 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
grappos13 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 12:33 am
^ if you watched Raw, you realize why they didnt need Rollins and HHH spot on Mania... :)
The didn't need it, but imo could have still added to it and would have had the added bonus of not deflating the audience.

Smeh, Rumble match itself wasn't too bad, just could have been less annoying imo had Reigns not been involved at all.
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 1:13 am
Spoilers are okay right?

I am surprised that Joe is not going to be on Smackdown. But damn good to see Joe on the main roster! Rollins vs Joe should be a darn good match.
Yeah, I was really hoping for Smackdown as well but at least he has a few more guys he can feud with on Raw once they finalize the Rollins angle.
Oct 27, 2016
162 posts
33 upvotes
I stopped watching Wrestling years ago. The last time I watched was in a movie. Quite famous movie. The name is "The Wrestle (2008)". Quite a peacelful and a nice was perfect.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1128 posts
158 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 7:07 am
Yeah, I was really hoping for Smackdown as well but at least he has a few more guys he can feud with on Raw once they finalize the Rollins angle.
I hope Nakamura goes to Smackdown then. They do need some big babyfaces there.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Apr 23, 2006
192 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
I know I'm on the minority here, but I don't get the hate for Reigns...most say "he's getting shoved down our throats", so did HHH for years...Stroman is now, and god he's useless
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1128 posts
158 upvotes
bobguy wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 8:21 am
I know I'm on the minority here, but I don't get the hate for Reigns...most say "he's getting shoved down our throats", so did HHH for years...Stroman is now, and god he's useless
I have to disagree on Stroman. I think they've booked him pretty well so far. Pairing him with the better workers has made him look good. He just needs to work on his mic skills a bit more.

And looks like Rollins reinjured his knee during the Joe attack. That's karma for ya, Seth.
Baaaaaaaaa!