• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2024 12:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1639 posts
386 upvotes
Surrey, BC
so sad to see edge retire. He's definitely one of my all time favs. He will be missed.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
Edge :cry:

Concerning Wrestlemania. Some of those matches came off as just being "good Smackdown" matches ie Cody vs. Rey, heck even RKO vs. Orton. That RKO was good, but we've all seen better ones ie his RKO to Bourne doing a shootingstar press.
Jan 10, 2006
387 posts
9 upvotes
TechRock wrote: wm18 was amazing, the only bad part was when everyone turned on the rock.... like wtf man, i was the only one cheering for him =(
People booed the The Rock for.two.reasons. 1) Casual fans going to WrestleMania X8 were nostalgic for Hogan. 2) The Hardcore fans were tired of Rock's recent pandering shtick and wanted more edge in his character.

The latter reason is why when he came back as heel, he was so over.

Shame about Edge and Larry Sweeney.
[QUOTE]Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
hotjoint wrote: so sad to see edge retire. He's definitely one of my all time favs. He will be missed.

Never really liked him but it is definitely a sad way to retire.

Anyone watch this week's Tough Enough? Much better than the first episode and Austin is a great judge. I felt for the guy who was eliminated because he really didn't want to give the belt back, but damn he was bland.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3560 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
ashgotti wrote: Never really liked him but it is definitely a sad way to retire.

Anyone watch this week's Tough Enough? Much better than the first episode and Austin is a great judge. I felt for the guy who was eliminated because he really didn't want to give the belt back, but damn he was bland.

lol after he was eliminated, he was like "I can show you something right now, stuff you haven't seen before..."

I also liked how Austin mentioned he used to be the RingMaster lol
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
SoGood wrote: lol after he was eliminated, he was like "I can show you something right now, stuff you haven't seen before..."

I also liked how Austin mentioned he used to be the RingMaster lol

Yup I forgot all about the RingMaster! "I knew it was stupid!"
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Since Edge retired, I hope they give Christian a well deserved push.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
dragon_drift wrote: Since Edge retired, I hope they give Christian a well deserved push.

I like Christian but I don't see him headlining. Even the Miz seems more up to it and I can't stand him.
Jan 10, 2006
387 posts
9 upvotes
ashgotti wrote: Never really liked him but it is definitely a sad way to retire.

Matt Cross is not bland.
I find the guess that 'supposedly' have personality - so generic and boring, I doubt I could get behind them. I understand why Cross would not try to be too flashy as that is the consistant knock with indy guys. How they have no psychology and just do a bunch of flips.

Skidmarks or Rima should have gone home - but Rima is too much of a star and Skidmarks being chewed out by Bill is 'good for TV'. Hopefully Cross gets a developmental deal as the first girl who clearly just wants to use WWE as a springboard. She was on the show and Josh Prohibition got passed over WTF????

Matt Cross is great in the ring and would be a great addition to the WWE wrestling roster. Unfortunately they want entertainers who are 6.5 and can't work a damn match. Can't wait till Tyler Black gets called up.
[QUOTE]Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.[/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
^ i watch the indies and have seen Matt Cross matches in person... sure, he is great in the ring, but he has no character and i didnt mind him getting thrown off the show... really right now its Luke's contract to lose.. he has the in ring skills, charisma and seems like he has solid mic skills....

what i still cant believe is why Austin Aries didnt make the final cut for the show.. i woulda loved him over matt cross.. about the same size and both great in the ring, but man, Austin Aries is just soo damn good on the mic as a heel... i coulda seen him talk back to Austin if he was in the final 3
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
anyone watch episode 3 of tough enough? skidmark totally destroyed the jersey guy (mickael) in a promo...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
dragon_drift wrote: anyone watch episode 3 of tough enough? skidmark totally destroyed the jersey guy (mickael) in a promo...

Just saw it. Michael was aweful and just a douche in general. Rima is annoying too, too much air time.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
solid episode.. skid mark really did own that jersey shore guy...

rima is fine.. i dont mind her... that one big guy (not eric) gets like no TV time at all... i think his name is andy or something?

i think rima is gonna go soon, even tho she is good for TV... but she did own the other girls in that run, even tho she was the "biggest" one... (ie not toothpick)...
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
VisitableElf wrote: How are you guys watching Tough Enough?

:twisted:
youtube :lol:
grappos13 wrote: solid episode.. skid mark really did own that jersey shore guy...

rima is fine.. i dont mind her... that one big guy (not eric) gets like no TV time at all... i think his name is andy or something?

i think rima is gonna go soon, even tho she is good for TV... but she did own the other girls in that run, even tho she was the "biggest" one... (ie not toothpick)...

That tall blonde guy? not Jerimiah (missing front teeth).
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2006
1190 posts
200 upvotes
Andy looks like Dirk Nowitzski to me, but yeah that guy gets no air time. I didn't even know what his name was until I read this thread. Rima is really beautiful, I can see her being really successful in WWE even with her lack of technique. The one girl that really bothered me though was Michelle. I honestly don't believe that she left because of her daughter, I think she used it as an excuse because she didn't want to look like a total loser failing challenge after challenge when she had "11 years experience." Watching her was really embarrassing as she had no talent or technique while also being out of shape.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
veejam wrote: Andy looks like Dirk Nowitzski to me, but yeah that guy gets no air time. I didn't even know what his name was until I read this thread. Rima is really beautiful, I can see her being really successful in WWE even with her lack of technique. The one girl that really bothered me though was Michelle. I honestly don't believe that she left because of her daughter, I think she used it as an excuse because she didn't want to look like a total loser failing challenge after challenge when she had "11 years experience." Watching her was really embarrassing as she had no talent or technique while also being out of shape.

+1 she was very annoying and dramatic.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
grappos13 wrote: ^ i watch the indies and have seen Matt Cross matches in person... sure, he is great in the ring, but he has no character and i didnt mind him getting thrown off the show... really right now its Luke's contract to lose.. he has the in ring skills, charisma and seems like he has solid mic skills....

what i still cant believe is why Austin Aries didnt make the final cut for the show.. i woulda loved him over matt cross.. about the same size and both great in the ring, but man, Austin Aries is just soo damn good on the mic as a heel... i coulda seen him talk back to Austin if he was in the final 3

grappos13, do watch PWG?

I just got PWG Sells Out Volume 1, 2 and PWG Seven DVDs...amazing stuff!! Starting to get hooked. Definitely a great start if getting into it.

I was always a WWE/WWF guy, but started expanding my options and got into ROH when bought the 4 KOCH retail DVDs; Bloodstained Honor, Stars of Honor, Greatest Rivalries and Best in the World, again was hooked. When first got into it wasn't too impressed with the overall grittiness compared to the huge arenas, lights, glitz and glamor like WWE, but the wrestling is amazing! Now the presentation is much better compared to the older shows (2002 shows for example) which i don't think aged very well.

TNA is just horrible right now...definitely WCW 2000 all over again. I can't sit through a full episode of Impact, and their ppvs have been terrible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)